mardi gras

bwlive

So a question, if our previous Mardi Gras cruise from October 2020, was cancelled and we received FCC and $200 OBC for rebooking for our next year Mardi Gras cruise for May 2021, if it gets cancelled does all of this transfer over to another booking? Sorry for run-on sentence, lol.  We booked again with refundable deposit both times, but incase our May 2021 cruise also gets cancelled, can it all be applied to another cruise we have booked in October 2021 on Carnival?  Thanks!

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Jimbo, I was referring to people that are currently booked, but have not been told by Carnival that there sailing up until the end of March more than likely will be cancelled.  

58 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No opinion involved. 

The first statement is an opinion, or speculation.  It is not fact.

The only facts we know are that there are no booking available through March.  We do not know why.  Speculations include:

1. Carnival plans to cancel, but is not announcing anything yet.

2. Carnival is unsure if it will be possible to cruise, so rather than take people's money and cancel on them, they are just "pausing" new bookings.

3. Carnival intends to sail, but is limiting capacity to current bookings until the industry better understands how to move forward.

Until an announcement is made or bookings re-appear (or the sailings actually occur), there are no other facts available to the general public.

37 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So a question, if our previous Mardi Gras cruise from October 2020, was cancelled and we received FCC and $200 OBC for rebooking for our next year Mardi Gras cruise for May 2021, if it gets cancelled does all of this transfer over to another booking? Sorry for run-on sentence, lol.  We booked again with refundable deposit both times, but incase our May 2021 cruise also gets cancelled, can it all be applied to another cruise we have booked in October 2021 on Carnival?  Thanks!

It depends on the conditions/offers that Carnival establishes when/if they cancel.

I would not want to wager on how Carnival will allow FCC/OBC to be applied if there is another round of cancellations.  They are running out of runway, as it were, for where the new bookings can go, and this may be compounded by possibly fewer ships available.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It depends on the conditions/offers that Carnival establishes when/if they cancel.

I would not want to wager on how Carnival will allow FCC/OBC to be applied if there is another round of cancellations.  They are running out of runway, as it were, for where the new bookings can go, and this may be compounded by possibly fewer ships available.

Clearly uncharted territory.  We have had 3 cancelled and rolled into each other (others just cancelled).  It gets very convoluted and complicated for sure.

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

In general, no stacking alowed.

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

No opinion involved.  It's a 100% bonafide indisputable fact that the longer the cruise lines take to refund people, the more money they get to keep interest free.   There is no rumor involved here.  Check out all of the other main stream cruise lines boards on Cruise  Critic,  there are a plethora of threads discussing this same topic.  But it's  all just a rumor that could easily be false in your opinion, LOL.

Interest rates are near zero. How much is your bank paying you?

Meanwhile more false rumors getting shot down:

Cruise line industry aims for September restart

Jul. 6, 2020 9:07 AM ET|About: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor 

Royal Caribbean (NYSE:RCL) plans to start sailing again on September 16 assuming that it has the clearance of health authorities.

The company's timetable to restart cruises is two weeks ahead of the September 30 date set by Carnival (NYSE:CCL) and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NYSE:NCLH).

46 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

As seen on TV, and in another thread, Inspiration is on the move through the Panama Canal. Hmmmm...

Hmmm, hefty amount for a joy ride, wonder if she has a sold sticker on the side

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

No opinion involved.  It's a 100% bonafide indisputable fact that the longer the cruise lines take to refund people, the more money they get to keep interest free.   There is no rumor involved here.  Check out all of the other main stream cruise lines boards on Cruise  Critic,  there are a plethora of threads discussing this same topic.  But it's  all just a rumor that could easily be false in your opinion, LOL.

Simple financial advise. Keep your money growing as long as you can before you must take it out. 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

In general, no stacking alowed.

So I'm guessing that the OBC wouldn't carry through however the FCC might be transferable to another cruise?  The OBC was given for re-booking within a certain timeframe which was easy enough to do at the time of that cancellation.  However nothing is as certain at this day and time with the circumstances.

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

So I'm guessing that the OBC wouldn't carry through however the FCC might be transferable to another cruise?  The OBC was given for re-booking within a certain timeframe which was easy enough to do at the time of that cancellation.  However nothing is as certain at this day and time with the circumstances.

If Carnival cancels the cruise, I would think they would issue a new FCC + whatever compensation they offer at the time. If YOU cancel the cruise, make sure you haven't exceeded the time frame for the FCC.

For example, if your FCC says you have to book by the end of 2020, and in 2021 you decide to switch to a different cruise, your FCC is likely gone. If Carnival were to cancel the cruise, that is a different story.

55 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Our Mardi Gras repo cancellation FCC and OBC has been through two more cancellations and has always carried forward. They now reside on our April 2021 Horizon cruise. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Interest rates are near zero. How much is your bank paying you?

Corporate Cash Management is NOT like your bank's saving account rate.  Depending on need they can stretch it out to a year or more.  Repos, Corporate debt, etc. can give much higher yields. still not like they are raking in more than 1%.

Edited by crewsweeper

19 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Our Mardi Gras repo cancellation FCC and OBC has been through two more cancellations and has always carried forward. They now reside on our April 2021 Horizon cruise. 😎

Thanks so much for this information!  This is exactly what I was looking for. I wont be cancelling myself for the May 2021 rescheduled cruise, however if Mardi Gras gets cancelled again I would rather transfer it over to another October 2021 cruise already booked. As much as we want to sail the Mardi Gras, not sure its in the cards for next year. Hoping an October Bermuda cruise might get to sail next fall. 😁

19 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks so much for this information!  This is exactly what I was looking for. I wont be cancelling myself for the May 2021 rescheduled cruise, however if Mardi Gras gets cancelled again I would rather transfer it over to another October 2021 cruise already booked. As much as we want to sail the Mardi Gras, not sure its in the cards for next year. Hoping an October Bermuda cruise might get to sail next fall. 😁

46 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I can hear Willie singing “on the road again”

John Heald put a post on his FaceBook page in response to a person booked on the Mardi Gras in late February who asked if it was going to be cancelled. The post was from 1:00 PM July 6th and said " Hello mate, I will have news on the ship in the next 48 hours or so so please stay tuned and I will be here if you need anything. Thanks so much and hope to see you very soon having fun you so deserve"

36 minutes ago, bender031177 said:

John Heald put a post on his FaceBook page in response to a person booked on the Mardi Gras in late February who asked if it was going to be cancelled. The post was from 1:00 PM July 6th and said " Hello mate, I will have news on the ship in the next 48 hours or so so please stay tuned and I will be here if you need anything. Thanks so much and hope to see you very soon having fun you so deserve"

Thank you for sharing. I hope we find something out, good or bad. I just want to know if I'll be sailing in January or not so I can make other plans if I need to.