Jewel-Feb 14, 2021 sailing cancelled

Just received an email from RC informing us that our February 14, 2021 sailing has been cancelled due to 

the fact that Liberty would be docking at the Galveston pier.

Here we go again...trying to rebook again 😏

I have not gotten a letter/email yet, but I think we are cancelled too (march 14th sailing). I saw an article. We got flipped from LIberty to Jewel a few months ago when they scheduled the dry dock of the LIberty, and now it looks like we will get flipped back?

Can you share your letter?

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We hope this email finds you well during this challenging time. While this is unlike anything we’ve ever experienced, we continue to evaluate how it impacts our upcoming sailings. With that said, we have an important change to share with you. 

Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience. 

To help make up for this change, we have some options for you below: 

1. 125% Future Cruise Credit: We’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings on or before April 30, 2022. 

• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • We will automatically send your Future Cruise Credit via email by August 7, 2020. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 45 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience. 
  • Please note: 
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
    • And, if you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date of December 31, 2021 and a sail by date of April 30, 2022. 
    • If you were already impacted by our global suspension (sailings March 13 – September 15, 2020) and paid additional monies on a new booking onboard Jewel of the Seas, you are able to opt in to refund one or both cancelled bookings via the process below.
2. Move your Jewel of the Seas reservation to another sailing: If you prefer to move your existing booking to an alternate sailing – we’re happy to move you! We’ll price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on any 7-night Caribbean itinerary within 1 week before or after your original sail date.

If you prefer to move your existing booking to a 2022 sailing instead, you can take advantage of our Lift & Shift program. We’ll price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on any same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2022. For example, as you are moving from a February 14, 2021 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be between January 14, 2022 – March 14, 2022.

• Price/promotion protection excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after your move is processed. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.
  • Please know, holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, and Easter), are excluded from your options.
  • Please contact your Travel Advisor or call us at 888-281-9344 by July 17, 2020 to move to a new sailing. If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.

3. 100% Refund: Or, if you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the Future Cruise Credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until December 31, 2020 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate. 

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit. 
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel and start the refund process, please click here and we will get it started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind. 
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits. 
  • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request. 
  • Please note: If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  

And, a special option for those that also purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation. 
    • Click here by July 17, 2020 to request your higher value credit and we’ll email you your credit by August 7, 2020. 
  • If we don’t hear from you on or before July 17, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded. You’ll receive your refund within 45 days of your booking’s cancellation. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. 
  • Also, if you opt for a cruise fare refund, Lift & Shift, or to move your sailing to another 7-night Caribbean sailing within 1 week before or after your original sail date, you are not eligible for this Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer. 
  • Questions about the Cruise Planner credit? Click here for more details.  

Guests with air or hotel booked…  

• Refundable air or hotel accommodations purchased through Royal Caribbean will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation. 
  • If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.  

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 800 754 500 in Australia 
  • 0344 493 4005 in the U.K. 
  • 1 866 562 7625 in the U.S. or Canada
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

We appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued loyalty and know that together, we will all come out of this stronger than ever. Stay healthy and safe. We’ll be ready to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

I can't remember the details, but they were moving the Jewel over to cover several weeks while Liberty was in an extended dry dock. They announced a few weeks ago they were shortening the dry dock to maintenance only (no surprised), and so just now got comfortable swapping the ships back I guess. I could not see where the Jewel was going right away, maybe someone else knows or maybe it hasn't been announced yet. 

SO, I think some of those weeks in January/February the Liberty will be in dry dock.

2 hours ago, gdwest said:

Just received an email from RC informing us that our February 14, 2021 sailing has been cancelled due to 

the fact that Liberty would be docking at the Galveston pier.

Here we go again...trying to rebook again 😏

Oh no I'm on that sailing. I'll ask my ta. Well darn. Mine is booked as a b2b feb 7 and feb 14 on jewel

Cant move it earlier if I'm already booked, move a week later it's not a b2b, .. I dont want to cancel. This is really sounding like a mess since it's a b2b. 

Edited by firefly333

18 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We are on the TA on Jewel in March as well.  Has it been canceled?  I have not received any notice

Not yet. Hope not but Jewel is down to just the 2 Cruises in Mar/April. The TA and the 9n BAR/Amsterdam Repo after... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not yet. Hope not but Jewel is down to just the 2 Cruises in Mar/April. The TA and the 9n BAR/Amsterdam Repo after... 

we hope not too.  It is our first TA and have been looking forward to it.  Are you on the next repo as well?  I just looked and the GS is too much, but there is an corner aft Jr suite.  Maybe???

Just now, Seville2Cabo said:

we hope not too.  It is our first TA and have been looking forward to it.  Are you on the next repo as well?  I just looked and the GS is too much, but there is an corner aft Jr suite.  Maybe???

Been watching, figured was good with the 2 Caribbean Cruises. Might do the Repo, thinking about it. Love my Corner/Afts, only thing I book. Usually Balcony 9256 but had 8168 for B2B. Like to keep same Cabins. 

32 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m booked on the TA and following 9 night.  Waiting to see what’s next but I’m sure it’s toast. 

Was covering my bases have 36 nites in Nov/Dec Booked on Vision(Carib) and Jewel(TA), HAD 27 nites next Mar/Apr, and 35 next Summer Jun/Jul/Aug. Booked Jewel next Spring Dates incase Fall canceled. Looking like might all fall threw not get Cruise until next Summer

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 hours ago, 232271 said:

Hmmm does anyone know what date the Liberty is coming? Any word on the January-Feb 7th 2021 dates??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the 2/7-14/21 sailing. Per the “updated list” in the original blog, Jewel sailings prior to 2/21/21 are still a go. 

2 hours ago, cruisecrazymama said:

We are on the 2/7-14/21 sailing. Per the “updated list” in the original blog, Jewel sailings prior to 2/21/21 are still a go. 

Do you have a updated list? I was told it's the week of 2/14 that is cancelled when they switch the ships.

I havent gotten any email just reading and elsewhere says the 2nd leg of my b2b cancelled.

Not real happy with rcl right now. I considered it a downgrade to move from allure b2b march 2022 to liberty with no compensation. Now not even 2 weeks later my other b2b is hit.... everything I've read says 2/14 cancelled. I'm sure my ta is thrilled with yet another change.

Would be nice to get a email from rcl if I'm affected. I only have 5 booked, and this is 4 weeks affected in about 2 weeks. 

We're booked on Jewel Feb. 7-14, 2021.  From looking at Royal's website, it seems we're the last Jewel sailing out of Galveston.  On Royal's website the Liberty's first cruise would be Feb. 21.  So, I guess we get off on the 14th and the Jewel takes off to a different port. Wonder where?  That might be an interesting reposition to stay on for.  

Oh no, we only booked the TA in March after they cancelled another TA, really hoping it goes ahead as it's due to sail on 22nd March so Liberty can dock the day before.  They still have the whole european season on too.

Edited by welshrich

12 hours ago, cruisecrazymama said:

Long may that continue !

Booked on December sailing, 11days, very rare for Galveston. It'll also be our first corner-aft 🙂