Newest promotions/Silver Spirits Package& discounts

deec

Received an email yesterday that states SSP will be included if you book July 1-8!!!  Might be time to book for us...however we usually book lowest cabin category and small print seems to say that the $1500 OFF is not available on that level.  Am I reading that correctly?   My vouchers are burning a hole in my pocket!!!!  Might be time to re-book!

The Viking site is showing OBC for 1000 to 1500 for various cruises. The OBC is reduced by 500 for DV ,

V cabins. I didn't see anything about free SSP but the OBC could be used for SSP, prepaid gratuities or excursions when they open.

We booked Valparaiso to Buenos Aires for 12/22/21 and used most of the OBC for these purchases. The remainder  is showing on my account.

We too received an email promoting the “up to $1500) obc and the SS package included. Our problem is we don’t know how we would spend all the OBC given our TA offers $500 per person for the longer cruise we are looking at plus the $1,000 from Viking. In order to spend $2000 in 22 days we figure one of us would have to have a massage each day.  

While nice, I would prefer for the cost of the cruise to go down or be able to use the promo obc towards upgrading our flights. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

We too received an email promoting the “up to $1500) obc and the SS package included. Our problem is we don’t know how we would spend all the OBC given our TA offers $500 per person for the longer cruise we are looking at plus the $1,000 from Viking. In order to spend $2000 in 22 days we figure one of us would have to have a massage each day.  

While nice, I would prefer for the cost of the cruise to go down or be able to use the promo obc towards upgrading our flights. 

Jewelry store? New watch?

hoping to use it on gratuities  and excursions...I am surprised it cannot be used to upgrade flights...can it be used on extensions?  my original fees to Viking included an extension.

• Like 1

The Silver Spirits promotion is valid for all bookings.

The "up to $1500" is based on a 16 day booking, PV or better for Ocean, V or better for River.  Sliding scale for shorter bookings.

HOWEVER, the big one not discussed is the free category upgrade, which is nice.

Finally, they extended their "risk free" booking policy beyond June 30th, which is probably a reality for them at this point. Too much uncertainty.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 4:57 PM, deec said:

hoping to use it on gratuities  and excursions...I am surprised it cannot be used to upgrade flights...can it be used on extensions?  my original fees to Viking included an extension.

Gratuities and excursions does sure. But the OBC from our TA more than covers the gratuities and for the trip we are watching (Buenos Aires to Barcelona) we will likely be perfectly satisfied with the included excursions since except for Barcelona and Buenos Aires, all the other ports are new to us. 

22 hours ago, Sailor Sam 407 said:

It would appear that this is not a Viking Ocean offer, but rather a travel agency(s) offer. If you do not go through that travel agency, you cannot get the offer.

At least that's the information that Viking has shared with me.

My email was direct from Viking. 

AC346AC0-83E8-4796-9802-D089C091E0AF.png

Does anyone know if the "stateroom upgrade" for the Independence Day offer is within a category i.e. DV4 to DV3 or is it to the next category i.e. DV to PV? Or if book PV1 will they upgrade to PS? Seems like I read something about suites excluded when I got the initial email, but can't find it now. 

19 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

Does anyone know if the "stateroom upgrade" for the Independence Day offer is within a category i.e. DV4 to DV3 or is it to the next category i.e. DV to PV? Or if book PV1 will they upgrade to PS? Seems like I read something about suites excluded when I got the initial email, but can't find it now. 

I just chatted with Viking and the agent stated that the "stateroom upgrade" for the JUL4 offer is within the same category.  I asked for further clarification, and he stated that the price quote was the same for all DV cabins, DV6 to DV1.  I did not inquire about the suites, as we usually book a DV cabin.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, Selion said:

Is this promo only for past cruisers?  Looking to book Viking for the first time and it's not on their website anywhere.

I wondered the same thing.  I also am not seeing it.  I booked last month for March 2022 and was hoping to get this new promotion applied.

Here is the fine print that came with the email.  It is only good for bookings made by July 8th and as a PP stated appears to be only good on cruises after Jan 1, 2021. While no mention is made of what a category is, I suspect they are defining it as within the same type of stateroom. When we have been offered an upgrade after booking, the email doesn’t say upgrade a category, it says upgrade from a DV to a PV.  

CCA631CC-C9A5-494D-B453-E85DD1F1A39D.jpeg

32 minutes ago, JerseyMom said:

I wondered the same thing.  I also am not seeing it.  I booked last month for March 2022 and was hoping to get this new promotion applied.

Given you can cancel at anytime and get a voucher worth the value of your cruise, it would be worth my time to call Viking and ask.  If I said, I think I’ll just cancel then and rebook using the cruise voucher seems to me they ought to let you have this deal.  Of course you need to check and be sure that the new fare isn’t higher than what you’re booked into.