5% Future Cruise Credit---new offer

lydiamight

I received the following email form Seabourn this morning:

We can’t wait to welcome you back on board again soon. Until then, we invite you to join us in dreaming and planning — today. 

As a Seabourn Club Member, you probably know the insider perk that comes with planning your next Seabourn cruise while on board. The Future Cruise Deposit offers you an extra 5% savings* when you purchase a £250 deposit. For a limited time, while our fleet is paused, we’re bringing this special promotion to you. Your savings credit is valid for four years from the day you pay your deposit, and fully refundable if you don’t use it. Plus, it’s combinable with our Sensational Suite Savings and 10% Early Bonus Savings promotions!

Book this special offer by August 31, 2020.

Contact your Travel Advisor or call Seabourn at 0344 338 8620 to turn your travel dreams into travel plans — and save 5% percent on your next Seabourn voyage.

Rather bizarrly when Seabourn processed my requested refund the first thing that they did was refund my FCC---something that I would be happy for them to keep as I intend to resume cruising once a vaccine is available-------still waiting for the refund of the cruise payment though.

Can someone explain this offer in plain language?  I found it a bit confusing.  Is this for club members who already have a FCC?  And does it offer 10% instead of the usual 5% savings?  

37 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Can someone explain this offer in plain language?  I found it a bit confusing.  Is this for club members who already have a FCC?  And does it offer 10% instead of the usual 5% savings?  

I think Seabourn is just giving Club Members an opportunity to purchase Future Cruise Deposits without being on a ship.  It's the usual 5% FCD discount and it's combinable with other promos that may be in effect at the time you book, such as 10% Early Bonus Savings.

Here's the fine print from the email:

*Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) are available for purchase through August 31, 2020 by Seabourn Club Members who have sailed with Seabourn and have a valid Club Number only. Future Cruise Deposits may only be applied to new bookings with Seabourn and are not valid for guests rebooking from 2020 voyages. The Future Cruise Deposit discount is individual to the Club Member Number associated with the Future Cruise Deposit. The 5% discount will only apply to the gross cruise-only base fare and may not be used for onboard expenses, pre– and post–cruise packages, shore excursions, taxes, fees and port expenses, SeabournShield®, Flight Ease® air, or other optional programs or services. Additional deposit payment may be required to satisfy the total deposit amount due on a booking. Guests or their travel advisors should request a Future Cruise Deposit be applied with our Reservation Agent at the time the new reservation is booked. A limit of one (1) 5% discount may be applied per guest per booking. Future Cruise Deposits not applied to a booking within four (4) years of the date of purchase will be automatically cancelled and refunded back to the original form of payment and will result in a forfeiture of the 5% discount. Offer is subject to availability, capacity controlled, non-transferrable and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Seabourn reserves the right to correct errors.

13 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

I think Seabourn is just giving Club Members an opportunity to purchase Future Cruise Deposits without being on a ship.  It's the usual 5% FCD discount and it's combinable with other promos that may be in effect at the time you book, such as 10% Early Bonus Savings.

Here's the fine print from the email:

*Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) are available for purchase through August 31, 2020 by Seabourn Club Members who have sailed with Seabourn and have a valid Club Number only. Future Cruise Deposits may only be applied to new bookings with Seabourn and are not valid for guests rebooking from 2020 voyages. The Future Cruise Deposit discount is individual to the Club Member Number associated with the Future Cruise Deposit. The 5% discount will only apply to the gross cruise-only base fare and may not be used for onboard expenses, pre– and post–cruise packages, shore excursions, taxes, fees and port expenses, SeabournShield®, Flight Ease® air, or other optional programs or services. Additional deposit payment may be required to satisfy the total deposit amount due on a booking. Guests or their travel advisors should request a Future Cruise Deposit be applied with our Reservation Agent at the time the new reservation is booked. A limit of one (1) 5% discount may be applied per guest per booking. Future Cruise Deposits not applied to a booking within four (4) years of the date of purchase will be automatically cancelled and refunded back to the original form of payment and will result in a forfeiture of the 5% discount. Offer is subject to availability, capacity controlled, non-transferrable and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Seabourn reserves the right to correct errors.

OK.  Thank you.  As I thought--this is basically the same offer(s) we have seen before with the addition of being able to buy a FCC while not on a ship.  Always a bit confusing and unclear (at least to me).  They probably see this as a way to raise much needed cash.  

Edited by SLSD