July 4, 2020 HAPPY 4TH

Oxo

47 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This proud to be an American watches it every year😀

I’m am very proud to be an America and having served to protect our great nation. I am however, very disturbed what I see happening these days. 

May God Bless America 

M8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m am very proud to be an America and having served to protect our great nation. I am however, very disturbed what I see happening these days. 

May God Bless America 

M8

Like you, I served our country for 20 years in the USAF. Then Government work for another 20.

We need to wake up America! We must retain our freedom,  rights and pursue happiness.

We fought for our rights, we earned them. Don't forget those who gave their lives so we may live free.

God Bless America!

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave! 

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Like you, I served our country for 20 years in the USAF. Then Government work for another 20.

We need to wake up America! We must retain our freedom,  rights and pursue happiness.

We fought for our rights, we earned them. Don't forget those who gave their lives so we may live free.

God Bless America!

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave! 

From an English friend🇬🇧

God Bless America.

Hope you all celebrate today in style.🇺🇸

Edited by grapau27

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

From an English friend🇬🇧

God Bless America.

Hope you all celebrate today in style.🇺🇸

Thank you Mate! Served 3 years in Woodbridge, RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters.

Lived in Ipswich and married an English Lady. Been married for 58 years and still on our honeymoon.

Have a Shout (pint) on me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Thank you Mate! Served 3 years in Woodbridge, RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters.

Lived in Ipswich and married an English Lady. Been married for 58 years and still on our honeymoon.

Have a Shout (pint) on me!

🍺 Cheers mate.

Ipswich is a nice part of the country.

We live near Durham and been married 39 years

Paulines dad served at Catterick Garrison.

Congratulations on 58 years of blissful marriage.

Graham.

Thank you! Still have family in Ipswich. Misses calls Brother weekly. You just opened up Pubs, etc. Please be careful and don't do what we did to quickly. 

Stay Safe. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thank you! Still have family in Ipswich. Misses calls Brother weekly. You just opened up Pubs, etc. Please be careful and don't do what we did to quickly. 

Stay Safe. 

Tonight we watched P&O Oceana leave our home port of Newcastle to return to P&O Carnival UK homeport of Southampton then had a walk along the beach and a couple of pubs were busy but people seemed to be social distancing.

Hope you have a great July 4th celebration tonight.

Stay safe too.

Graham

IMG_20200704_181243.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

May God Bless America 

M8

Me too . In my lifetime there has been nothing like the way things are now .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oxo said:

According to a new poll, less than half of Americans are "extremely proud" to be American. 

I typed, and then re-typed my response several times.  I think everything I initially typed would've landed me in time out from Cruise Critic.  Heck, it still might.  Oh well.  

All I'll say is, I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American.  I, for one, will not let radicals sway me from loving this great land.  I will continue to honor those who served and I will continue to stand for our one anthem.   God bless us all and God bless America!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I typed, and then re-typed my response several times.  I think everything I initially typed would've landed me in time out from Cruise Critic.  Heck, it still might.  Oh well.  

All I'll say is, I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American.  I, for one, will not let radicals sway me from loving this great land.  I will continue to honor those who served and I will continue to stand for our one anthem.   God bless us all and God bless America!

Don't let it upset you.  Polls can be manipulated to say whatever the people making the poll want it to say based on how they ask the questions. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Double this. Thank you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight on PBS stations all over thev US is the Salute to the Military past and present .

It begins at 8:00 EST and ends 90 minutes later including an address from our President.

This was the worst show ever .They could have had veterans on a zoom format and also live singing  with patriotic songs.

Thank you! To all of you who took the tine to read and post to this thread. 

I know it was something that we can carry forth even past this 4th of July.

Stay Safe! Happy Cruising Whenever it starts again!

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I completely agree.  Hope everyone had a nice day.