Something positive - Summer 2022 your wishes

Presto2

Have decided that I am getting more and more depressed as things go on re cruises so am planning ahead to when things have hopefully calmed down.

We are pretty sure that we are going to cancel our cruise on Azura in April and have FCC for what should have been our cruise on Oceana this August :-(

Anyway, when do we get to know what the cruises for Summer 2022 are likely to be known so that we can have a look ahead and something to look forward to.

If nothing is out yet, what would you all like to see?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I would take anything at the minute, as long as it was safe. 

Looking forward to Iona next December, although that seems ages away. 

Andy 

I have a special birthday in October with a 5 and a 7 in it ---- was just thinking that it will have to be special. I can see it as a land based one though ;-)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have lost all interest in cruising for the time being.  Think we will be doing different things.

We are about to buy a static caravan right by the sea ………. think we will call her Oceana ;-)

• Like 4

2021 Alaska booked for June. Iona fjords booked for end of August. Britannia Caribbean winter, watch this space.

2022 hopefully a Southampton to med and a med fly cruise and a trip somewhere warm. Perhaps take the car down to the south of France. Summer spent in Woking don't bear thinking about. If the worst comes to the worst We may join the Grockles 😂

3 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

I’d like to see longer cruises to Norway, back up to the North Cape I have lovely memories of Trondheim & Tromso and seeing the midnight sun.

I like a bit more colour. All the film's I have seen of the North Cape convoys have been black and white.

8 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

I’d like to see longer cruises to Norway, back up to the North Cape I have lovely memories of Trondheim & Tromso and seeing the midnight sun.

Us too we loved Oriana’s final cruise which went up to Svalbard.

16 minutes ago, Canberra forever ! said:

The midnight sun is beautiful 😊

It didn't get dark much in Alaska last June. Perhaps it won't  in June next year either 🤔. Norway was also beautiful but we were there in August, so it got a bit dark. Now going to the cloud to look at my pictures.

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck

42 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are about to buy a static caravan right by the sea ………. think we will call her Oceana 😉

How about Duncruising. Lots of folk here would call it that😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Norway/Svalbard is beautiful whether it be for the fjords, Northern Lights. midnight sun or NY Alesund one of my favourite countries.

Bergen was nice, but 14 Euro for 2coffees in Starbucks🤪

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

I wouldnt go in Starbucks wherever I was in the world however cheap it was.

Free WiFi and clean loo's . My DW doesn't know the Norse for decaf. We had a proper sit down coffee in proper cups in a proper coffee shop today. One of the highlights of the last 4 months. Going to the pub for a proper sit down lunch on Thursday. In 13 days we will have a Devon cream tea. I hope they don't poison it.☹️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

If nothing is out yet, what would you all like to see?

4 cruises booked for 2021, and looking forward to booking for 2022 when they are released.  Will be looking for a Baltic cruise with P&O and a Christmas TA on QM2.  Might even try to book up to go on the inaugural season of Iona's sister ship.

All positive and looking forward.

• Like 2

2022 is a big year for us.  My birthday ends with a 0, as does our wedding anniversary.  So, our current plans are to drive from Calgary to Vancouver, cruise with Princess up to Anchorage,  and then spend a few days in Denali. 

However,  as a fall back, we are considering a weekend in Kalos's caravan,  as long as the portaloo has been emptied. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

2022 is a big year for us.  My birthday ends with a 0, as does our wedding anniversary.  So, our current plans are to drive from Calgary to Vancouver, cruise with Princess up to Anchorage,  and then spend a few days in Denali. 

However,  as a fall back, we are considering a weekend in Kalos's caravan,  as long as the portaloo has been emptied. 

In 2018 we did a Calgary to Vancouver tour with Rocky Mountaineer and an Alaska cruise with Celebrity. That was our once in a lifetime retirement trip. Doing it again next year. From then on our son said we need to cutdown as he can see his inheritance disappearing. We may need to book Kalos's caravan. Last 2 weeks in Feb 2023 please Kalos.

• Like 2

Unusual for me but I have no thoughts about 2022, possibly because there’s no brochure out yet.

In February I booked a 14 night med cruise on Ventura for  September/early October 21 including two full days in Barcelona (never been before!) I booked an inside as I could see prices were rising but didn’t want to fully commit in case I couldn’t get the holiday from work.

Then  the cruising world started to fall apart and when my cruise was finally cancelled I upgraded to a balcony with my FFC and was very grateful I’d booked in February as, of course, I upgraded at the price I’d booked at.

Will really look forward to that but am struggling to see past that cruise at the moment. I would like to try Iona but not sure a week will be long enough on such a huge ship. Perhaps my wish then is more varied itineraries on Iona and not just 7 nights to Norway all summer!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Free WiFi and clean loo's . My DW doesn't know the Norse for decaf. We had a proper sit down coffee in proper cups in a proper coffee shop today. One of the highlights of the last 4 months. Going to the pub for a proper sit down lunch on Thursday. In 13 days we will have a Devon cream tea. I hope they don't poison it.☹️

15 days till Devon for us.  Hopefully a few decent pub meals.

• Like 1