Sea & Sun's Sister ship sold.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought Oceana didn't fit with P&O UK, but hoped she might be transferred to Princess in Australia

to make up for losing the Dawn Princess.  I did read that she was going to be scraped, but read that she

is now in Greece and is going to be a ferry!   Seems a waste of a very nice ship.

On 7/13/2020 at 1:35 PM, Cruisegroover said:

I'd guess Pacific Sun though I never sailed on this one.

It literally looks like a dead fish which has been eaten by some other creatures of the sea. Such pics remind me of those "apocalyptic" movies. Also, a sad thing about it that they take them to those third world countries where people get like cents for such a hard work to dissemble this huge ships (where children are also have to do the job). I mean its weird that developed countries cant use the all-mighty force of technology to do it themselves for a much shorter period of time 

On 7/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

They don’t even need a shipyard .....just run them up on a beach.

Where ships go to die...

Was No 2 the old Love Boat...the Pacific Princess? I actually saw photos today of this world famous ship being cut up a few years ago.

10 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

Was No 2 the old Love Boat...the Pacific Princess? I actually saw photos today of this world famous ship being cut up a few years ago.

Here’s the history of the Love Boats...

https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises-and-"The-Love-Boat"-Connection-2.html

Did Pacific Princess, sydney to Osaka theatres of war cruise. In 2006Great little ship.  In the Mdr, dinner time, the love boat tune played. Love Boat Dream was nice dessert. princess still has them.

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did Pacific Princess, sydney to Osaka theatres of war cruise. In 2006Great little ship.  In the Mdr, dinner time, the love boat tune played. Love Boat Dream was nice dessert. princess still has them.

71487CD2-7E89-44F5-82A3-40B33C84CD9A.thumb.jpeg.a38dcb28a4158cb0749dc7d86720bbb4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think it's Coral that is coming here, not Island. Port bookings in Melbourne for Coral have been spotted.

Rumour has it that Princess is releasing the 2021/2022 season itineraries on the 15th so I guess we'll find out then.

15th of what month?

54 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

15th of what month?

Since that post was dated in August it would have been 15th August, however the date has slipped again. I've heard 1st September  and also mid-September. We'll just have to be patient. I'm assuming Princess are reluctant to release new itineraries until they get a sense that those cruises might really happen.

But with new outbreaks in Queensland and NZ, plus the ongoing ones in Sydney and Melbourne  who knows when it will be safe to cruise again.