Princess Cruises announces summer 2021 deployment changes in Alaska and Europe

Eagle_and_hawk

There may be a thread started on this, although I didn't see it.

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/princess-cruises-deployment-changes-summer-2021-alaska-europe/

Princess Cruises has revealed some major deployment changes for its 2021 Alaskan and European cruises.

Majestic Princess, the line’s 3,500-passenger ship, will embark on her inaugural Alaska season from summer 2021, while Regal Princess will return to Europe.

Passengers will be able to experience Majestic Princess for the first time in Alaska, with the cruise ship replacing Alaska veteran, Regal Princess.

Majestic will pick up Regal‘s published ‘Seattle Inside Passage’ departures from May to September 2021, all except Regal Princess‘ scheduled sailing on 4 May 2021.

The scheduled sailing named ‘Alaska Sampler’, departing on 4 May and sailing for five days, has now unfortunately been cancelled.

Leaving behind the icy waters of Alaska, Regal Princess will head to Europe for summer 2021, sailing on a total of 17 round-trip departures from Southampton.

Sailings include voyages around the Mediterranean, Norway, Scandinavia, Iceland and other popular European hotspots.

Because of this, Regal Princess‘ South Pacific Crossing cruise and two Grand Princess seven-day Europe cruises have been cancelled.

Passengers will still be able to sail on Grand Princess, but instead in the warm waters of Mexico and the California coast. The ship will sail departures from Los Angeles, with full itinerary details to come.

Guests who are booked onto Regal Princess‘ Alaska and European voyages will have their bookings automatically transferred to Majestic Princess in Alaska, and from Grand to Regal in Europe. Guests will also receive a new booking confirmation from the cruise line in due course.

Earlier this week, Carnival Cruise Line also announced some major deployment changes, along with the delay of the line’s brand new cruise ship, Mardi Gras.

Originally scheduled to launch this year, Mardi Gras will now debut in February 2021.

Carnival has also delayed its European deployment for 2021. The line has been informing agents that 3,690-passenger Carnival Magic’s European itineraries between 13 March and 3 May 2021, including a transatlantic re-positioning sailing, have been cancelled.

• Thanks 1

There have, more ship specific than the whole list of changes although someone may have put this within a thread. 

It's good, I'm sure there will be much discussion about it as people have their preferences.

Which effectively cancels our return home to Washington State on the Transpacific Regal

cruise  after a New Zealand cruise on the Regal. It seems  strange to leave the people

on the New Zealand cruise just hanging out in Sydney. They could have at least taken us back

to the states and then run over to Europe. Strange

22 hours ago, nini said:

Which effectively cancels our return home to Washington State on the Transpacific Regal

cruise  after a New Zealand cruise on the Regal. It seems  strange to leave the people

on the New Zealand cruise just hanging out in Sydney. They could have at least taken us back

to the states and then run over to Europe. Strange

Im confused.  When I cruise downunder I just fly back to SFO. 

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Im confused.  When I cruise downunder I just fly back to SFO. 

We prefer to sail AND 3 other couples from our little town in

Washington State were also going on this itinerary which was including

many islands and some ports in New Zealand. Seattle

was super convenient for all of us.

I understand 'preferring' to cruise back and a transpacific would be fantastic. Theres a lot of route changes going on right now. OTOH Not sure if there's a nonstop flight to SeaTac. But it's a fairly heavily trafficked airport so maybe! 

Yeah, not a good marketing strategy but I live in a hot spot too. 

Nini has me looking for a transpacific cruise. Not particular about the ship yet but I'd love to go from NZ through Asia or reverse. Ending in LA (or Seattle if thru Alaska). The one I booked for this fall was one of my many cancelations by Princess 

I can dream even if I can't sail

Edited by Ombud

Same here for me!  I could look for something for Oct. 2021, changing the Enchantment Med cruise again.  I have 22 days RT Barcelona booked but Regal taking over Grand itinerary, I could do something out of Southampton instead.  I like taking cruises from Southampton but I would not have booked one on the Grand.

Eventually I will get to Australia/NZ but think it will be after I sell my house and get in a more manageable situation in terms of being gone.  I've been gone 35 days before but it is a chore lining up either lawn care, snow shoveling.  I live on a corner with a bus route so the public sidewalk has to be shoveled or the city charges you.  Decisions, decisions, I want to cruise in 2021.