Cruises to Norway etc

I am sure there will people from Norway who can answer my question

i have been looking at different cruises...for later one of course ... and I keep seeing ones for Norway etc. I like sunshine so wondering what time of year is nice to go cruising to Norway to get sunshine.

also what is weather like October November  Time just so i can get q

picture of it. I want to get to do something different from the med when we are able to cruise That is not to far From

uk. I love America cruises and I will get to Nashville eventually Cos I need to go there but I think I’ll wait till a special occasion to go the distance 

it right now to far to travel 

thanks in advance 

Edited by fandash

Ok, I have been watching this thread for several hours, and I feel compelled to help.  (Not at all sure that I am healthy because of this)

I have been to Norway in June and in February.  I am not a people from Norway... but I am not sure that there is any time when you would say it is sunny in Norway.  In February, the sun was sort of shining on the mountains over there, and it was sort or light out, but I wasn’t worried about getting a sunburn.  In June we had a cold rain one day and lots of sunshine the rest of the time with the temperatures around 70F or 21C for a high.

What I am trying to say, carefully, is that your post seems a bit challenging.  Why don’t you start over?  Maybe say I would like to go to Norway, when is the weather most likely to be pleasant.  Or when do you think I can go to Nashville and see a concert.

just trying to help.

jc

7 hours ago, fandash said:

also what is weather like October November  

Some weather app or web site can tell you that better than even someone from Norway because the only thing you can go by is the averages, which the app can tell you.

Summer is officially from June-August. Having said that, there's absolutely unpredictability in the weather. Also this year the weather is more unpredictable than ever. Strong winds and cancelled ferry service to continental europe in the south as late as beginning of July. In general it's been grey and gloomy most of July all over the country. In June we were blessed with sun, and dry weather with temperatures up to 30 + (celcius) -  (with forest fires even some places).

If you want to experience the midnight sun, be sure to plan a trip to northern norway during summer.

I don't think Norway is the place to go in October/November for "sunny weather".....

Our daughter spent a month there in July 2019 and had mostly clear great weather.  But even then the locals said it was better than average, that the normal was more clouds and rain than what she experienced.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ok, I have been watching this thread for several hours, and I feel compelled to help.  (Not at all sure that I am healthy because of this)

I have been to Norway in June and in February.  I am not a people from Norway... but I am not sure that there is any time when you would say it is sunny in Norway.  In February, the sun was sort of shining on the mountains over there, and it was sort or light out, but I wasn’t worried about getting a sunburn.  In June we had a cold rain one day and lots of sunshine the rest of the time with the temperatures around 70F or 21C for a high.

What I am trying to say, carefully, is that your post seems a bit challenging.  Why don’t you start over?  Maybe say I would like to go to Norway, when is the weather most likely to be pleasant.  Or when do you think I can go to Nashville and see a concert.

just trying to help.

jc

hi thanks for your reply

however i think that is what i did say in my post. but it was probably not the best place to post this question as i should have  just used my ""friend" Google. lol

its good to try new things  so i will certainly look into my question online

Edited by fandash

4 hours ago, tsundet said:

Summer is officially from June-August. Having said that, there's absolutely unpredictability in the weather. Also this year the weather is more unpredictable than ever. Strong winds and cancelled ferry service to continental europe in the south as late as beginning of July. In general it's been grey and gloomy most of July all over the country. In June we were blessed with sun, and dry weather with temperatures up to 30 + (celcius) -  (with forest fires even some places).

If you want to experience the midnight sun, be sure to plan a trip to northern norway during summer.

thanks so much for your reply

appreciated

Norway is gorgeous in the summer time but as has been stated weather is unpredictable.  I have been there in early spring (March) and several times during the summer (July and August.). Our most recent trip was 1 week in August. We had 3 sunny days out of 8. It's a remarkable place with some of the most spectacular scenery in the world irrespective of the weather.  You just have to pay your money and take your chances.  If you go in Oct/Nov I would be prepared for winter conditions.

A small community of the coast of Norway called Ulsteinvik.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b2eccbd743ae8854625c22d558470020.jpeg

On the trip up Gerainger fjord

image.thumb.jpeg.97d0d087465098608399460120eacc6b.jpeg

The "Seven Sisters" in the Gerainger fjord

image.thumb.jpeg.51bc9be3f886501353de622a2a73d2bb.jpeg

We didn't get quite all the way up north so we didn't experience the true midnight sun but this is 12:04 AM on July 10, 2013.

image.thumb.jpeg.99ce72e97d1166041509038fd346a935.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Another drawback to cruising to Norway in October or November is the length of daylight.  By the end of October, depending on where you are in Norway, the sun rises after 8am and sets before 5pm.  That's only 9 hours of daylight, not necessarily the best time to go for someone who "likes sunshine".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1