How many Kids on Summer Cruise

nast

So on Celebrity maybe 60-80.  Reports are the kids program is excellent but there are no water slides, flow riders, mini golf, ice rinks or rock walls so if those are important to you/your kids then Royal Would be a better choice.

10 hours ago, nast said:

Wondering how many kids will be on a Summer Vacation cruise. 

Equinox in Caribbean ?

Med Cruise ?

We did Equinox in Summer, lots of kids probably a couple hundred.  Also will depend on length of cruise. 

Can't help you with Med cruise.   Bermuda cruises in the summer there will quite a number of kids. 

I have young children (8 and 10 years old). We try to avoid summer months for several reasons (way too hot, prices are higher, and yes, there are hordes of children). It doesn't matter what cruise line we've sailed on (even Holland America), the children count is definitely higher during holiday periods (like the summer). Even when we sailed the Mediterranean with the kids, we decided to sail in November (over Thanksgiving week in the USA) because prices were considerably cheaper and it was not a holiday where we sailed, so we knew that the ship wouldn't be overrun with families.

With that said, the number of children onboard Celebrity will be comparably less than on a "family friendlier" cruise line like Royal Caribbean, Carnival, etc. One thing that I have observed is that, the children of families that choose to sail on more adult oriented cruise lines (i.e. Celebrity), seem to be better behaved, under control, and adjusting well to the more subdued vibe. It's not the free for all that I've witnessed on some cruise lines, with unattended children roaming hallways, taking over elevators and hot tubs, and terrorizing other passengers. 

It may sound hypocritical that I have young children but I try to avoid hordes of children, but the reason behind it is because, when there are too many kids onboard (sometimes measured in the thousands), the children facilities and activities are overrun and chaotic. Even though we've sailed aboard more family friendly cruise lines like Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Disney, the kids have enjoyed the more laid back and personal atmosphere that other cruise lines offer. Our last family cruise was aboard HAL's Nieuw Statendam. The under 18 count according to the camp counselor was 110 (out of 2,600 passengers), and in our kids specific age group, there were only about 20-30 kids.

Edited by Tapi