Battle of the Norwegian Cruise Line Big Ships

BirdTravels

Loved the Escape. Going on the Encore in 2021. Bliss was cancelled.  We go for the Entertainment and specialty dining.  The Escape was a FUN ship! Crew was very friendly on the Escape.  I would  like to sail on her again.  Hoping to see Choir of Man on the Encore. We missed it on the Escape. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If Mega Ships are your preference, which of the NCL fleet would you choose and why?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

316224858_NCLBattleoftheBigShips.thumb.jpg.5a1ac2b092f8a35eb66485af008852d1.jpg

Any one of them except Epic. Aesthetically, those big block of Haven rooms on top of the bridge, forward make her look like she's got a brain tumor. And then there's the much discussed configuration of the stateroom bathrooms.

Of these, I've been on the Epic, Breakaway, Escape, and Joy, and enjoyed them all. I'd sail on any of them again, though I'd take one of the Breakaway / Breakaway Plus ships over the Epic, because of the Waterfront. The Epic lacks a good outdoor walking space.

I really liked the Joy—the Observation Lounge is a wonderful venue, and a great place to sit and read a book if the weather isn't conducive to sitting outdoors. The other ships without the Lounge lack such a space, unless you're in the Haven.

The Escape was our first NCL experience and we fell in love!  We can't wait to sail her again!   We have the Breakaway and the Bliss booked for 2021 and 2022.  But there is just something magical about the Escape!

• Like 1

After sailing on Getaway, Escape and Encore...Norwegian Escape is my favorite but...

I predict Bliss will be my new favorite because she has Q, Spice H2O, Social, Coco's and Observation Lounge.

The one thing I will miss is the Escape Thermal Suite.

Escape wins for the best crew, and best management of the haven restaurant. (for me anyway)  Also, I love Churrascaria restaurants, so any of the new ships that deleted the Moderno (and the Caipirinha) is a NO from me.

• Like 1

I went on the Encore in February and fell in love.  It was so spacious especially the pool. There was a lounge chair for everyone!! It may change but the Garden Buffet was delicious.  I usually never go to the buffet but this one had dishes every night and the desserts were to die for.  So many bars. The service was outstanding.  I only snail NCL and the Encore is king of the fleet. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If Mega Ships are your preference, which of the NCL fleet would you choose and why?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

316224858_NCLBattleoftheBigShips.thumb.jpg.5a1ac2b092f8a35eb66485af008852d1.jpg

Of these, I only been on the Breakaway and the Escape. I would of have been on the Encore this Sept. but of course it was cancelled. I liked the Escape more than the Breakaway. The water grotto on the Escape and other things that the Escape have that the Breakaway do not have. I would like to sail either the Encore or the Bliss in the future cruises.

We have been on all of these except Joy.  Just cancelled our October Joy but hoping for March 2021 on her.  

Getaway was my favorite until we went on Escape.  Then Escape was my favorite until our cruise on the Bliss. 

Then  Bliss was my favorite until Encore......  

Escape has my favorite chandelier.  What were they thinking when they designed the Encore's😬

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Fans of the Phantom of the Opera know that it's all about the chandelier. Which big ship chandelier is your favorite?

1932733732_NCLBattleoftheBigShips.thumb.jpg.dc01b228f45bd63f147403883a3e4e99.jpg

I like the Joy's chandelier - it looks futuristic yet classy. Also, the Escape's is very classy/elegant. I agree with Sand and Seas wrt to Encore's - what were they thinking? Yuck. 😝

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

How wrong is it that the getaway doesn't even get a pic in the chandelier-off??  So sad.

Getaway's is pictured in the middle, purple tones.

One of the things I do love about these chandeliers is the changing color patterns.   Fun to take selfies with one as a background.   

Fun thread, thanks BirdTravels ☺️

• Like 1