Favorite entertainers on ncl ships.

linbobky

On 7/11/2020 at 9:16 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

I enjoy music a lot on cruise ships but when something different is there it can be special.  Can't recall the ship but there were three violinists playing electric funky looking violins that would play sets in the atrium and they were awesome.

Manila Trio

• Like 1

I REALLY wish I could remember the duo's name buuuut,

The aerialists on my  February 6, 2019  "5-Day Harvest Caye, Belize & Mexico" cruise on the Jade.

I really really enjoyed their performance and went to both shows.

if anyone for whatever reason knows their name I would really appreciate it. 

47 minutes ago, hallux said:

yes, now that you jogged my memory, they performed in the elements show. a couple of nights later, they had their own night with two showtimes. the performance was kinda errr…"interpretive dance/acrobatics" about a young couple in love. I found it very enjoyable.

this was by far and away my favorite cruise entertainment, and I love the cruise theater.

Edited by MSUjohn
latter

I also enjoyed cirque dreams and steam (ncl getaway october 2019). but this seemed like a different  category than the "general entertainment".

Edited by MSUjohn
different

Lots of excellent entertainers on Norwegian ships, but without question the best ever was Jared Freiburg on the Getaway playing Jerry Lee Lewis in Million Dollar Quartet. Encore! Encore! And for extra fun, sometimes Jared would show up to give us more in Howl At The Moon.  

• Like 2

Anyone BUT the piano bar player.  Always the same old cruddy songs especially the obligatory and absolutely horrible Piano Man which ever the original author has stated numerous time is one of the worst songs ever written.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Anyone BUT the piano bar player.  Always the same old cruddy songs especially the obligatory and absolutely horrible Piano Man which ever the original author has stated numerous time is one of the worst songs ever written.

I meant the dueling Pianos and not the solo Piano bar guy. I disagree that Piano Man is one of the worst songs ever written though...my daughter is into K-Pop. 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:08 AM, fastpitchdad said:

I meant the dueling Pianos and not the solo Piano bar guy. I disagree that Piano Man is one of the worst songs ever written though...my daughter is into K-Pop. 

I'll go with the opinion of the guy who wrote it who has stated as such on multiple occasions.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, mugtech said:

Leo on the Gem also gets our vote.

The first time we were on the Gem somebody told us about Leo.We went to hear him and he asked my first name and where I was from .Every time we went to see him he would say to the audience “It’s Lenny from NY.”On the last night of the cruise I had an interesting conversation with him and we exchanged e-mail addresses.We made sure that he would be entertaining on our next Gem cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, delaware32 said:

Patti and Jose . We've seen them many times on the Dawn and the POA .  Enjoy their atrium and theater shows every time.

We have seen them on the Dawn many times and without a doubt they are our favorite entertainers.   We have also seen them on the Spirit and here in Florida many times.   They are the best in our opinion.  

The only problem with them is that we see only them and never see anything else that NCL offers.😉

Bud Andersen, comedian - loved his act(s).  I don't think I've ever laughed harder.   We were fortunate to see him on several ships - nothing recently though.

Also, a cover band that was on the Getaway last December, can't remember their name, out of Miami I think.  We really enjoyed them.   Million Dollar Quartet was phenomenal and I loved Burn the Floor too. 

deb 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Howl at the Moon has been both my favorite and at times some of the worst.  It all depends on the musicians and just how much they are "entertainers".   Later in the week tends to be better we've found.  More often than not, we do enjoy Howl at the Moon.  

People love Siglo.  We saw them on Bliss for a song or so and thought they were awful - we walked out.  So many people love them that should I ever cross paths with them again I'll definitely check them out again.

We have seen Oh, What a night a couple of times and it was very good.  However, the way best music on any NCL ship we have been on was the singing group "4ever".  Individually, the four singers had very good voices but their combined rendition of the Queen hit Bohemian Rhapsody was  superb.  Having said that there was one voice in the group that could make the hairs on your neck stand up.  Although Paul Tissierre, a baritone from Uruguay could sing tenor as well he was probably the smallest of the group, but as soon as he sang, his voice was so big it could fill the whole theatre - absolutely fabulous to hear.  We saw them once when they did "Time to Say Goodbye" and it bought tears to the eyes of lots of the audience.  Their usual encore piece was Nessum Dorma and with Paul leading it certainly lifted the roof at the end.  I am not sure they are still going or are likely to be on NCL, but if they are, go and see them.

Edited by old nutter