The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from May 12, 2019 after transferring from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in Southampton:

dusk0512.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Today's sunrise is from a 2010 Blount inland cruise from Nashville to Chicago.  Floods caused great havoc that year and I don't remember exactly where we were on May 13 but it was on the Cumberland, Tennessee, or Ohio river somewhere between Nashville and St. Louis.

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.879e14802e99112385b45

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Crystal Symphony cruise from San Diego to New York.  May 15 was a sea day from Cartegena to Charleston:

dawn0515.jpg

Roy

• Like 10

Today's sunrise is from a 2010 Blount Small Ship Adventures cruise from Nashville to Chicago on their smallest ship.  On May 18 we visited Joliet, Illinois

IMG_1965.thumb.JPG.bf129dc629aa11b375180d388bfa167a.JPG

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 Queen Mary 2 transatlantic.  On May 2019 we were around the midpoint of the journey from Ssouthampton to New  York:

dawn0519.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 Blount cruise from New Orleans to St. Petersburg.  May 22 was a sea day from New Orleans to Biloxi:

dawn522a.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2015 Prinsendam Kiel Canal cruise.  On May 23 we transited the Kiel Canal.

dusk0523.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

I finally have a couple of sunrises to contribute from my travels this month...

The first picture is the sun rising over Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park in Renton, WA, as seen from the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington.

53742375309_0c0e7d19a5_b.jpg

The second picture is from a flight where I was rebooked into American Airlines Flagship First transcon service because of irregular operations.  Yes, I was still been drinking the after-dinner sherry when the sun was coming up. 😊  Morning comes quickly when you're having fun.

53726183859_af6fb1249a_b.jpg

Buongiorno!

Vince

• Like 10

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 Blount cruise from New Orleans to Saint Petersburg.  May 26 was a sea day from Pensacola to Panama City:

dawn0526.jpg

Roy

• Like 8

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2013 Blount cruise from New Orleans to St. Petersburg.  May 28 was a sea day on the Grande Caribe from Carabelle to Tampa:

dusk528.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2022 cruise on Adventue of the Seas.  May 30 was our last sea day before returning to Bayonne.

dusk0530.jpg

Roy

• Like 7

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 Blount cruise from New Orleans to St. Petersburg.  On May 31 we disembarked in St. Petersburg.

dawn0531.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

PSA:

The patio is open for the season at the Chez.

And since it is Friday, yes, it's Burger night in America! (and wherever else you may be.)

Also, it was a great day to take the physical copy of the newspaper.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

PSA:

The patio is open for the season at the Chez.

And since it is Friday, yes, it's Burger night in America! (and wherever else you may be.)

Also, it was a great day to take the physical copy of the newspaper.

I don’t know how you arranged such a magical day to open the patio, but the weather is sheer perfection today.  Truly fitting of the Chez.

Vince

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I don’t know how you arranged such a magical day to open the patio, but the weather is sheer perfection today.  Truly fitting of the Chez.

Vince

It is sheer perfection in North Carolina too, on the

patio sitting in the pergola.  We had ribs and corn on the cob tonight and we will have lobster claws tomorrow night.  Maybe Key Lime Pie too.  No cicadas providing their chorus yet, though, but hummingbirds are here.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

It is sheer perfection in North Carolina too, on the

patio sitting in the pergola.  We had ribs and corn on the cob tonight and we will have lobster claws tomorrow night.  Maybe Key Lime Pie too.  No cicadas providing their chorus yet, though, but hummingbirds are here.

Tomorrow’s dinner sounds like my idea of heaven…. You’re giving the Chez some tough competition!  😁 

No cicadas yet here either, though oddly we’ve been having hawks circling in the thermals above my house the past few weeks, which I’ve never seen like this in the 25+ years I’ve lived here.  There doesn’t seem to be anything new for them to hunt in the neighborhood, but they’re dropping more poop on my truck in the process than ever before.  😡  I understand hawks do eat cicadas, though they’re not famous for it, so it would be funny if they’re just trying to get a jump on their emergence.  😆 

Vince

• Like 4