The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

Today's sunrise is from my 2020 Crystal Serenity World Cruise segment.  On February 29 we were supposed to call at Hobart, Australia but did not get there due to storms:

dawn0229.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

There is a bit in today's NY Times weekly history quiz that there was a real effort to prevent Louis Armstrong from recording "what a wonderful life"  - would Crystal be able to sail if that song didn't exist?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a stormy sunrise (or at least start of day) from my longest Carnival cruise which was round trip out of Baltimore.  March 3, 2013 was the least sea day before returning to Baltimore:

dawn0302.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is among the last from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctica cruise from Buenos Aires to Miami.  On March 4 we visited Key West.

dawn0304.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is sort of from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctica cruise.  It was taken from Miami before boarding Amtrak's Silver Meteor going home:

dawn0306.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Crystal has done the impossible. Cheerleaders, reach for your pom poms. 

The Serenity sailing of July 2-9 (Tuesday to Tuesday) has miraculously gone from a 7 to an 8 night sailing per my booking. Yes, buy 7, get one free.

Or, a clever way to tout a lower per diem (psychology is everything)?

Or, does sailing Vancouver to Sitka now involve crossing the International Date Line? (Can you see Russia from the dome of the Orthodox Church there?) 🤔🤷‍♂️

Whatever the case, thanks, Crystal 😎

(we won’t mention to July 9 cruisers they’ll board a day late) 

IMG_0093.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BEAV said:

(we won’t mention to July 9 cruisers they’ll board a day late) 

Just make sure you don't need to board a day early instead.  😉

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Just make sure you don't need to board a day early instead.  😉

I sure hope not, as I’m onboard until July 2nd!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

We're boarding July 2, but we will arrive in Vancouver late on June 29, so if they will let us on a day early we're all in!

Does it say 8 nights July 2-9 in your travel dashboard online like mine?! 

In the My Bookings it says 7 nights, and in the Reservation Documents it says 8 nights.  I had not noticed the 8 nights until you mentioned it.

I'm glad you will be on too, and I'm looking forward to meeting you.  Here's a toast to a great trip and fun, new friends!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

In the My Bookings it says 7 nights, and in the Reservation Documents it says 8 nights.  I had not noticed the 8 nights until you mentioned it.

I'm glad you will be on too, and I'm looking forward to meeting you.  Here's a toast to a great trip and fun, new friends!

Absolutely! 🥂 

I guess we should all start making plans what we’re going to do for our “extra” day! 😉

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  On March 9 Crystal Symphony was at sea from Yasawa-I-Rawa, Fiji to Nuku'Alofa, Tonga:

dawn0309.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

I have a sunset today and it's from my Covid-shortened World Cruise Segment on Queen Mary 2, from Sydney to Perth instead of New York.  On March 10 we visited Adelaide, and as the sun was setting there was an almost magical reflection of the sun on the doors to Kings Court.:

dusk.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Interesting.  I watch a lot of Youtube videos about cruising(yeah, I gotta get a life...) There's a US TA know for their many, many cruise line in-depth videos, mostly on mass market lines, but certainly across the market segments. They just posted a short featuring Crystal's 2026 WC. That's got to help.

• Like 4