Carnival Fantasy

woodscruise

46 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

So what will happen if I am booked on fantasy? FCC??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would expect something from Carnival to discourage you from asking for a refund. The question is does Mobile get a replacement ship ahead of the Fascination's scheduled arrival in 2022.

If the Imagination is a straight-up replacement for Fantasy, you might get some OBC due to the swapping of vessels. Whatever moves happen in response may get bigger offers as there will not be a like-for-like replacement.  The bigger question will be how long sailing is suspended, in which case it won't matter what name is on the bow.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:18 PM, Moz said:

Why is JH denying th'sat Fantasy is being scraped.  He mentioned this in his morning's remarks.

So Carnival can keep getting cash from booking the Fantasy because John H said it was definitely going to resume cruising in October, so it must be true.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So I should be okay if I decide to book a cruise on Fantasy? 

There is also a good chance that the Fascination will also not survive, since it is heading to Cadiz rather than Freeport.  The ship will arrive in Cadiz tomorrow and is currently in the Strait of Gibraltar. Future does not look good as it is due for dry dock in October. If Mobile survives, most likely these sailings will be on a different Fantasy class ship that survives the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So I should be okay if I decide to book a cruise on Fantasy? 

As of this exact moment, sure. Reservations are still being accepted on the Fantasy and Carnival is unable to confirm any details about the ship being sold 👍

Edited by xDisconnections

45 minutes ago, ch09 said:

There is also a good chance that the Fascination will also not survive, since it is heading to Cadiz rather than Freeport.  The ship will arrive in Cadiz tomorrow and is currently in the Strait of Gibraltar. Future does not look good as it is due for dry dock in October. If Mobile survives, most likely these sailings will be on a different Fantasy class ship that survives the pandemic. 

If Carnival actually wants to sail out of Mobile then moving Sensation from Miami to Mobile makes the most sense as Conquest would remain to run the nearly duplicate itineraries. They could also move Imagination from Long Beach to Mobile then shift Conquest from Miami to Long Beach although that seems a little unnecessary if Imagination remains active as that vessel along with the Miracle in San Diego can handle the short cruise market there.

Edited by embarkation75

1 minute ago, quattrohead said:

What complete and utter bollocks. This is advice from a share holder, mark my words.

Back at you. Carnival is mostly owned by corporate and government entities.

Either the cruise goes, or you are generously compensated for changing, or you can get a refund. Worst case a win-win-push.

Utter bollocks are those who thinks Carnival is writing themselves interest free loans. Most cruisers are electing to reschedule, for a far greater return than they would get at a bank, and Carnival is paying the same or usually more in "interest" than they are paying for their real loans.

1 hour ago, embarkation75 said:

If Carnival actually wants to sail out of Mobile then moving Sensation from Miami to Mobile makes the most sense as Conquest would remain to run the nearly duplicate itineraries. They could also move Imagination from Long Beach to Mobile then shift Conquest from Miami to Long Beach although that seems a little unnecessary if Imagination remains active as that vessel along with the Miracle in San Diego can handle the short cruise market there.

I have said in other posts that the Conquest is a good candidate to move to Long Beach. I would think the Imagination would be more likely to go to Mobile as it will the the only surviving fantasy class ship to not have the extra balconies added. These ship removals will cause itinerary changes among other ships still in Carnival. I doubt that the Miracle will do the short 3/4 day market year-round as the Spirit class ships were originally built for speed for longer sailings like the Spirit used to go to Acapulco for 8 day cruises out of San Diego and the Pride with its Baltimore sailings.

Edited by ch09