Royal Caribbean terminal A

Manymice

Must be a glitch in whatever website you are looking at as it's one ship there always.  

This happened at Port Everglades recently involving Terminal 2 and Princess ships and isn't fixed until right beforehand and it was actually Port Everglade's own site that wasn't updated properly.

20 hours ago, Manymice said:

Looking at the Royal Caribbean website. Empress for 8 nights and Symphony for 7 nights. Could they be using a different terminal for Empress?

I certainly am no "expert" on Royal Caribbean or on the Port of Miami, but Royal Caribbean has a recently built terminal that Symphony of the Seas seems to use that is East of another terminal that they also use that is at the West end of the Port.  So, I think, the answer to your question is:  Yes.

• 1 month later...

I have a question related to docking at Fort Lauderdale.  We will be exiting Celebrity Reflection on Feb 12, 2022 to board the Celebrity Apex the same day. 

Does anyone know if it is likely that the two ships will be "parked" next to each other.  We would like to be able to walk between the two on a cross dock transfer but have found out that RCCL seems to have two piers some distance apart.

We are hoping that one pier is used just for Royal and that one is used just for Celebrity.  We do not look forward to making a taxi driver mad by asking for a short hop that would make him lose his place in the airport line.

Hoping someone local or frequent will be able to settle our concerns in advance.  Thank you for any replies.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER

2 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I have a question related to docking at Fort Lauderdale.  We will be exiting Celebrity Reflection on Feb 12, 2022 to board the Celebrity Apex the same day. 

Does anyone know if it is likely that the two ships will be "parked" next to each other.  We would like to be able to walk between the two on a cross dock transfer but have found out that RCCL seems to have two piers some distance apart.

We are hoping that one pier is used just for Royal and that one is used just for Celebrity.  We do not look forward to making a taxi driver mad by asking for a short hop that would make him lose his place in the airport line.

Hoping someone local or frequent will be able to settle our concerns in advance.  Thank you for any replies.

Port Everglades releases the ship schedule (embarkations and disembarkations) 7 days in advance at:  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/.

I have read that in cases similar to yours Princess provides a shuttle so perhaps Celebrity does too.  If you don't get an answer before you board the Reflection,  which is certainly possible given that your cruise is in 2022, go to customer service early in the cruise and ask if they have a transfer service.

General information about the port, including a map, is at www.porteverglades.net.

Edited by capriccio

5 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We do not look forward to making a taxi driver mad by asking for a short hop that would make him lose his place in the airport line.

Don't be concerned about this.  It's something that they sometimes have to do and it may be more frequently than one realizes.  I had to hire a taxi to go from Pier 4 to the Mid-Port Parking Garage in January.  The driver has 15 free minutes to go into and get out of the garage.  He took me directly to my car.  I don't recall the fare, but I did add a generous gratuity on top of the fare.  The driver was appreciative.