Boston Private Foliage Tours

TeamGator

We are going on a New England/Canada cruise next October out of Boston and plan to spend a couple of days in Boston prior to the cruise.  We are looking for a private tour to go see foliage - but are not having any luck finding private tours (only have found a couple of bus tours so far in searching online).  Does anyone have recommendations for a private tour out of Boston to go see peak foliage in mid October?

Thanks,
TeamGator

Thanks - we are wondering if there are tours out of Boston to go to New Hampshire. We have found several bus tours just have not found any private tours from Boston going to New Hampshire to see foliage.

Thanks.
TeamGator

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Not really. Most people DIY foliage tours. Rent a car and drive yourself.

Yes, the influx of rental cars in the fall are called "leaf peepers", and on the rural roads of Maine the logging truckers call them "June bugs", because they keep getting stuck in the truck's grille.  When you've got 2-3 fully loaded log trailers behind the cab, it becomes tough to stop when the leaf peepers in front pull to a quick stop to "look at that beautiful colors".

18 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Not really. Most people DIY foliage tours. Rent a car and drive yourself.

Good idea - perhaps take a train to Concord then drive northwest on I89 or north on I93.

The area near Boston is so built up that you need to get up into New Hampshire to see much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, TeamGator said:

Thanks - we are wondering if there are tours out of Boston to go to New Hampshire. We have found several bus tours just have not found any private tours from Boston going to New Hampshire to see foliage.

Thanks.
TeamGator

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't exist.     You need to track yourself,   as there is no set schedule,   and DRIVE yourself to areas.    This is not  for any "tour" option that is of any value. 

• 1 year later...