Final Payment Date

JJean

Have they changed the dates for final payment or is it still about 3 months ahead.  I seen mentioned that some are due 2 months

ahead now.  Our cruise is Nov. 7 and final is still the end of next week, sure would like a little extra time.

From the Princess website

Making It Easier to Change Plans — Cruise with Confidence

Temporary cancellation & final payment policies extended for cruises and cruisetours departing through April 30, 2021

We have temporarily revised our final payment dates and cancellation policies for voyages through April 30, 2021. As always, any payments made prior to the final payment date are refundable to you in the original method of payment*. We have new policies handling cancellations and refunds after the final payment date:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail and receive a Future Cruise Credit** for any cancellation fees^ and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
  • Final payment is due 60 days before departure, not our usual 90 days^.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

The final payment date is 60 days now but the cancellation fee dates are not and depend on the length of the cruise.

I had a typo in my previous post.  "bcc"  should have read "fcc."  I wrote that the final payment date is 60 days before sailing for cruises before May 1, 2021.  The cancellation date is 30 days prior to sailing.  As I wrote, you can get a combination of FCC and refund if you cancel at 30 days.  The amount of FCC is dependent on the listed penalty, but the cancellation fee gets returned in whole as the FCC.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:06 PM, JJean said:

Have they changed the dates for final payment or is it still about 3 months ahead.  I seen mentioned that some are due 2 months

ahead now.  Our cruise is Nov. 7 and final is still the end of next week, sure would like a little extra time.

Princess just announced more Cancellations; call your TA and check to see if yours was cancelled before paying.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, JJean said:

I your on the Royal Princess to Mexico on 11/7/20, the cruise has been cancelled.