Carnival Sunrise Schedule?

Ohio Bucki

A few weeks ago I booked a cruise out of Miami on the Sunrise for Oct. 30, 2021 and Nov. 6, 2021. The bookings still show up when I log into the cruise manager, but if I try to book a new cruise out of Miami for those dates the Sunrise is not shown. The only ship listed is the Horizon.

I assume there are a lot of schedule changes happening do to the virus and the reduction of the fleet size. Has anyone heard of the Sunrise schedule or port location being changed? Thanks!!

We were booked on the Sunrise Eastern Caribbean for July 17, 2021 and got the email that we're rebooked on the Horizon a week earlier. This is great because the new cruise was significantly higher in price when I booked. It's also similar to my canceled August Magic cruise.

I was booked on the Sunrise Southern Caribbean cruise for June 5, 2021.  I have also been moved to the Horizon a week earlier.  I hope the itinerary stays the same because I booked my cruise for the Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Aruba ports. 

For our January  Florida cruise, we were choosing between Sunrise (Pt Ev) and Sensation (out of Miami).  These were the two choices that fit as we would be coming directly off a Princess cruise and then onto the Carnival one.  We chose the Sensation because it was heading to Amber Cove and Grand Turks (and was slightly less expensive).  Now the Sunrise has replaced the Sensation - so we have the same itinerary on a better ship.  Would be a win - if this cruise actually happens.  We will wait it out, but with each passing day, it looks less likely.

Don

I booked a April 2021 cruise departing from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and I received an email saying that the cruise will be leaving from Miami on a sailing within 2-7 days of the original departure date.

Wonder when Sunshine schedules will be reloaded into the Carnival website. Currently the only sailing showing available to book is the Sailabration cruise in 2022. Trying to figure out what we want to rebook on for our Oct. 2020 cruise. 

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

Wonder when Sunshine schedules will be reloaded into the Carnival website. Currently the only sailing showing available to book is the Sailabration cruise in 2022. Trying to figure out what we want to rebook on for our Oct. 2020 cruise. 

Really??  I'm seeing all kinds of sailings during 2020, 2021, and 2022...of course, they're mostly in the 3-5 day category, except for a few 10 day cruises.  Maybe you're looking for 7 days??

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

16 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Really??  I'm seeing all kinds of sailings during 2020, 2021, and 2022...of course, they're mostly in the 3-5 day category, except for a few 10 day cruises.  Maybe you're looking for 7 days??

Garnett

Sorry...I meant the Sunrise...not the Sunshine! It's the Sunrise that is only showing the March 2022 sailing. My bad. I'm not filtering it other than just for the ship. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just signed onto to manage my account on carnival website and my booking is back there after being gone for some time. 
I was sailing on the sunrise leaving on April 25th, the date has change to April 19th which I was ok with. But they changed my whole itinerary, i will have to cancel my cruise because I wanted to visit Jamaica and grand Cayman, they change it to Nassau, Half moon cay and Grand Turks 😔.

16 minutes ago, KeyzCruz said:

Just signed onto to manage my account on carnival website and my booking is back there after being gone for some time. 
I was sailing on the sunrise leaving on April 25th, the date has change to April 19th which I was ok with. But they changed my whole itinerary, i will have to cancel my cruise because I wanted to visit Jamaica and grand Cayman, they change it to Nassau, Half moon cay and Grand Turks 😔.

Check your email, Carnival sent an email last month about the change.

2 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

Check your email, Carnival sent an email last month about the change.

Thank you, I saw the email. I was hoping they wasn’t going to change the itinerary. I’m ok with the date but not the ports. 

11 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I decided to cancel 2 of my Sunrise sailings because of the itinerary changes. They let me transfer all funds plus the $100 incentive OBC to another cruise.

All they gave you in OBC was $100? When they canceled everyone else they gave them $300. Yeah I know they didn't cancel us but they moved the dates so that's as good as canceling as far as I'm concerned. My B2B now has 9 days between them. 😒That's not what I wanted and my husband can't get off the dates they rescheduled us for. 

On 7/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, Mud_Shark said:

For our January  Florida cruise, we were choosing between Sunrise (Pt Ev) and Sensation (out of Miami).  These were the two choices that fit as we would be coming directly off a Princess cruise and then onto the Carnival one.  We chose the Sensation because it was heading to Amber Cove and Grand Turks (and was slightly less expensive).  Now the Sunrise has replaced the Sensation - so we have the same itinerary on a better ship.  Would be a win - if this cruise actually happens.  We will wait it out, but with each passing day, it looks less likely.

Don

Just got our new cabin assignments on the Sunrise. Not Happy i hope your new assignments are better then mine. Went from Deck 2 middle to deck 3 forward picture window (obstructed view) Jan 2021 cruise like yours

I am not too concerned with cabin selection.  We have an interior, now on deck 8 mid ship.  To me, just about all interiors are the same as long as they are not bunk beds.  My concern is that my wife is not feeling confident about cruising yet.  We won't be able to go if 14 day quarantine is still required upon return to Canada as her job, and mine to a lesser extent, do not make allowance for this.  Just plenty of unknowns making her not want to return to cruising yet.

We will have to make a go or no go decision on this by end of September as this is part of a longer vacation and a combination of cruises.

Don