Royal Caribbean Ship Size Visual Comparison

There's a graphic that's been spread around for a long time that allegedly compares Royal Caribbean ship sizes. But it is completely off-scale. The creator simply reduced the side view of an Oasis class ship by the percentage of the gross tonnage each ship class represented. It makes the smaller ships look absolutely tiny by comparison.

This graphic uses generally correct side views that are sized proportionately to the real ship lengths. Unfortunately there's no available/decent high resolution rendered side-view images for every ship/class to use in a graphic, so these use the images Royal Caribbean provides on the deck plan pages of their web site. Really poor resolution, but properly representative, at least.

If someone can provide a complete collection of higher resolution images I can do this much better, but this at least is accurate. Feel free to share it.

RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison.png

• Like 6

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice.  This one is a little more realistic and in line with what OP created

Screenshot_20200722-175913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.060ba92f778ed1750cbad66af83a552e.jpg

That's nice, especially the front profile view. Is that from a site with many/most of existing ships?

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

That's nice, especially the front profile view. Is that from a site with many/most of existing ships?

Don't think so. I'll see if I can figure out where I got it. But it was recent

I'm disappointed I can't find an equivalent for any Quantum class ship, but were it not for that, this would be an updated version (thanks @rcixfan5 but I cannot seem to find a way to reply to your message or I would!). 🙂

RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison_2.png

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

I'm disappointed I can't find an equivalent for any Quantum class ship, but were it not for that, this would be an updated version (thanks @rcixfan5 but I cannot seem to find a way to reply to your message or I would!). 🙂

RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison_2.png

Love the Enchantment bridge rendering 

Not quite the same, but the Wikipedia page for Royal Caribbean has decent res side pictures (sort of) for every ship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International

The problem is that the pictures are all from slightly different angles.  Maybe you can pick out a similar angle from each class.

• 8 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:33 AM, John&LaLa said:

Nice.  This one is a little more realistic and in line with what OP created

Screenshot_20200722-175913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.060ba92f778ed1750cbad66af83a552e.jpg

I've always thought it odd to compare current ships to something that is arguably the best known disaster in the maritime industry.  "Look how much bigger we are compared to this ship that couldn't stay afloat".

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, twangster said:

I've always thought it odd to compare current ships to something that is arguably the best known disaster in the maritime industry.  "Look how much bigger we are compared to this ship that couldn't stay afloat".

I don't think it's so much odd or even disrespectful to use the Titanic in this manner. It's arguably the most well known cruise ship in history including the Love Boat.

19 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

I don't think it's so much odd or even disrespectful to use the Titanic in this manner. It's arguably the most well known cruise ship in history including the Love Boat.

I agree. However because of notoriety and the joke that will come with it, I would hope that Royal does not ever name a ship...Titanic of the Seas.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:47 PM, dswallow said:

There's a graphic that's been spread around for a long time that allegedly compares Royal Caribbean ship sizes. But it is completely off-scale. The creator simply reduced the side view of an Oasis class ship by the percentage of the gross tonnage each ship class represented. It makes the smaller ships look absolutely tiny by comparison.

This graphic uses generally correct side views that are sized proportionately to the real ship lengths. Unfortunately there's no available/decent high resolution rendered side-view images for every ship/class to use in a graphic, so these use the images Royal Caribbean provides on the deck plan pages of their web site. Really poor resolution, but properly representative, at least.

If someone can provide a complete collection of higher resolution images I can do this much better, but this at least is accurate. Feel free to share it.

http://www.2150.com/files/cc/RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison.png

I enjoy these sort of graphics

On 4/12/2021 at 11:21 PM, dswallow said:

Small update, removing the now-sold ships and adding info about the Royal App availability. Still trying to get a decent profile rendering of a Quantum class ship for it, though.

Full resolution version:

http://www.2150.com/files/cc/RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison_3.png

RCCL_Ship_Size_Comparison_3_small.thumb.png.949d468db93da5e8f2e3c4c6f51777fe.png

Where's the Odyssey of the Seas? 🙂