Carnival Legend Europe Summer /Fall 2021

mpdog42

Would like to book one of these sailings in the Fall, I guess my biggest question is what you all think about the following?.

Do you think Carnival will even sail to/out of Europe( Rome) in the summer and fall??

If so why?

If not why?

I strongly believe that Carnival won't even start up here in the US until Jan/Feb 2021 and they will stagger their ships out of the US.

Will they even want to put one in the Med?

Thanks!!

Edited by mpdog42
correct

It may be better to speculate after Europe lifts the travel ban against Americans.   They aren’t going to do that till we get the COVID under control here to their expectations.   We are currently booked on the Norway Legend cruise but may cancel before final pament.

Edited by HLGW60

I am booked on the Legend's repositioning cruise from London to Rome in late August next year.  I booked it before the pandemic - otherwise, I wouldn't be making plans in Europe for 2021.  I will remain hopeful, and I will do my usual pre-cruise research.  But I will not be making flight reservations until about the time the final cruise payment is due next May.   Hopefully, by then I will have a better idea about whether the cruise will happen.   If there is any doubt, I am canceling before final payment.  I don't want to again go through what I did when a European cruise this past May was canceled by NCL,  long after I had made final payment.  I had to cancel flights, hotel reservations, private excursions, and ground transportation and wait for refunds for everything.   It was stressful, on top of the profound disappointment.

To the OP,  of course no one knows at this point if the ship will sail as scheduled.  And everyone has a different tolerance for uncertainty.   It can be fun to have a cruise to look forward to, but it probably is a good idea to be aware of the risks of booking in times of uncertainty.   Consider the booking option with a refundable deposit.   And don't pay for anything before you have to!

Even if the cruise industry starts to come back next year, we have no idea how the experience might be changed.   Or whether demand for Europe will be strong enough for Carnival to send the Legend over there. 

Hoping for the best, but mentally preparing for . . . . whatever happens.  Stay well, everyone - that's what is most important.  

I was booked on the final Med/TA for this coming October, which was cancelled, of course.

Rebooked for the 2021 version (itineraries not as good but, hey, I'll take it).  I'm not even thinking about making any plans, yet, for pre-cruise stay in Barcelona or any port stops.  There's certainly no rush, especially with all this uncertainty.

Also booked an eastbound TA on NCL Escape for April 2021 which I'll probably cancel just because of the cost (love the itinerary, though).  I've booked OZ/NZ for Feb 2022, which is going to be expensive just getting there and back and that's more of a bucket-list trip than sailing to Europe again.

Sorry OP (and just about everyone else on CC), but speculating about next month or even next year is just a waste of energy.  There's not a single person on these boards that really has any good idea of when, or if, these things will happen.

Too many other things to worry about these days than to even think about things over which I have absolutely no control. 

I, too, booked a Legend cruise pre-Covid. I am making plans and have booked only fully refundable lodging and excursions.  I will probably do the air through the refundable until final payment option of Fly2Fun. I wish I was more optimistic about this trip but I fear Americans will be barred from most countries for a long time.  I really need a vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

If Americans are banned thru next summer from going to Europe, Europe will be in big Dudu.  AS with others, we are on a Legend cruise for Oct 3 of the Greek Isles.  I feel strongly they will go, that said, in the interview with the chief communication officer and John Heald, he mentioned something which gave me cause for concern.  It had to do with dry docks.  To make it a long guess into a short one, it makes me think that they might use the Radiance (after conversion) in place of Legend (total guess), because she will already be there.  If that were to occur, I would be very disappointed.  

On 8/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, Clairescurtains said:

It is way too early to book flights for next fall even in normal times. I think the earliest is 330 days ahead.

We have the Legend 10/4 and 10/15 booked so we are certainly hoping normalcy will return again. 

We will be on the first one with you.

• Like 1