Summer 2022

PSU

6 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

@Pcardad the email I received from Olivier RSSC UK states that he had checked with US and we have until 31st December 2021 to book and take a cruise. 

2 hours ago, swansong said:

However I hope that Regent will show some flexibility under the circumstances when, and if, I choose to book another cruise in the future.

1 hour ago, Guerncruising said:

I would like Regent to show how they care about their repeat customers and extend that deadline date to 2022 which may be more realistic. 

Maybe it is worth referring Olivier at Regent UK to the discussion on this thread and ask him to clarify with his colleagues in Miami why they appear to be penalising their customers in the UK compared to their customers in the US (book a cruise sailing before the end of 2021 versus before the end of 2022)

@swansong, you may also wish to direct Regent UK to independent advice that says "Package holiday not cancelled when there's an FCO warning in place? You SHOULD still get a refund from the operator"   (Money Saving Expert)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

Swansong, you have identified our difficulties too. 

We, on the island, have been spoilt for over 8 months now because we have been more or less Covid free with no masks, social distancing, etc. needed. The downside being no travel unless you are prepared to self isolate for 14 days. 

It would be so nice to resume cruising as it used to be but I fear that may be a little way off yet. 

I would like Regent to show how they care about their repeat customers and extend that deadline date to 2022 which may be more realistic. 

Does the fact that the deadline is 2022 in the USA help your case?

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Why would this help the case?  As has been identified previously rules are specific to different countries and by not being included in the Ts and Cs or posted on the websites can be changed at any time. 

17 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Why would this help the case?  As has been identified previously rules are specific to different countries and by not being included in the Ts and Cs or posted on the websites can be changed at any time. 

Just trying to help.....was your post also trying to help?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Just hoping that things my be in a better position by then, such that we would be happy to cruise. 

We would be much happier if we could cruise without mask or any other restrictions in place. Having been on the Mariner during a code red for an ILI (influenza like illness) it did detract from the overall experience and that is something that I would like to avoid. Regent provides a generally great experience and would like it to continue. 

• Like 1

Guerncruising, thanks again for your suggestion, I will follow that through with Regent. I like yourself would like Regent to explain why their policy on when to use fcc by is different here to the US. It’s not our fault we cannot travel there whether the cruise goes or not and this obviously is unlikely to change.

• Like 1