Summer 2022

PSU

My guess is that cruises for the remainder of 2022 and possibly some of 2023, will be revealed on October 15. The cruises will probably open for booking the following week. (See: https://www.rssc.com/new_season_launch?s=EM_RSS_AP_TCT_EMI_CTB_NA_MULTOFFER_OCT200962-20201008_NA_UC_DESTMULTI.) I think the URL name says it all.

Dave

• Thanks 1

We would need to know the “new rules” for cruise guests in detail before we even thought about booking. If the “new rules” are available , and I’ve missed them, please refer me. I feel that many feel the same way. For some, they may be too restrictive for enjoyment. For others, they may be too lax for health and safety. As mentioned by others above, some may not wish to wear a mask in public areas onboard. That wouldn’t bother us much, as we wear masks in our area unless we are in our home, in our cars, or in the wilderness. Others might find that unacceptable. But the inability to leave the ship in ports unless on a ship’s excursion would be a real deal breaker for us, but not for others. These are just examples of possible rules, but nothing that is known for sure.  Bottom line, we feel it is unwise to send a cruise line any money unless all conditions and restrictions are made known.

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

We would need to know the “new rules” for cruise guests in detail before we even thought about booking. If the “new rules” are available , and I’ve missed them, please refer me

Way too early to see the exact rules.   CDC has not yet written the requirements and the 74 items in the NCLH/RCG committee recommendations are simply recommmendation and not the final rules which most likely will need to be tailored for each specific ship.

No, don't think you missed the committee recommendations but, no details of final requirements as yet. 

Thanks, rallydave, for the info. I guess that we are among the type of cruisers that won’t pay a dime to book a cruise unless we know all the rules  (and perks) that will apply to us. Those things being unknown (as I had thought),  we remain out of the market for a cruise in any year.

9 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Thanks, rallydave, for the info. I guess that we are among the type of cruisers that won’t pay a dime to book a cruise unless we know all the rules  (and perks) that will apply to us. Those things being unknown (as I had thought),  we remain out of the market for a cruise in any year.

Right there with you Dolebudger.  Not even looking at cruises at the present time and not interested in wearing a mask on board or being required to do a ships tour in order to get off the ship.  Way too early to risk any dollars when we don't really know if any cruise lines won't be able to deliver.  The pain of trying to get back money is way too recent in our minds and likely to be more more difficult should cruises restart  before an effective vaccine plus rules are known.

Each person must decide for himself what to do about cruising. Herb and I are ready to cruise as soon as ships are in the water. 
If we wear masks, so be it... we are so tired and bored sitting home for the last seven months. We are in our 80’s and don’t want to squander anymore time. Each day that goes by is one day shorter in our lives. 
We will feel safer onboard a Regent ship than at a hotel resort or in restaurants. So we will go. This is our opinion. 
Do whatever you wish for yourselves... but please  don’t comment on our decisions. 
sheila

• Like 2

It will be good to be able to peruse the new itineraries for mid 2022 onwards if they are released as expected next week.

We usually try to make “on board” bookings for the many advantages this offers, particularly for those of us in the UK; this may present a challenge for the next few months 🤨

(By 2022 one would hope that the world will have learned to live more normally with this virus, as we have with many other virulent diseases)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

16 hours ago, rallydave said:

Right there with you Dolebudger.  Not even looking at cruises at the present time and not interested in wearing a mask on board or being required to do a ships tour in order to get off the ship.  Way too early to risk any dollars when we don't really know if any cruise lines won't be able to deliver.  The pain of trying to get back money is way too recent in our minds and likely to be more more difficult should cruises restart  before an effective vaccine plus rules are known.

I'm with both of you.  I am longing to book a cruise, and I look at the late 2021 and 2022 itineraries a lot, with real yearning.  But we are not going to spend a dime right now until we see the lay of the land (or the sea I guess).  And that most likely won't be until next spring at the earliest.

Oh yes, and isn't it civil here lately?

• Like 5

Oh, I think all who post here are "part of the group", and would like to take a cruise if we knew all the terms and conditions. And as has been said, each of us have our own individual terms and conditions that would be acceptable to us, and those that would not be.  But how can we make that determination if we aren't told the terms and conditions? If we were told, we could then make our own individual judgements. In no way do I blame Regent (or any other line) for not telling us these details. As RD points out, it is up to the CDC. I don't blame them either, as the situation is without precedent.  Nobody is being uncivil when they raise the point that putting a deposit on any cruise now is paying for a long list of unknowns. Some may want to do just that, which is fine,  But those of us who don't want to tthat, and raise this issue, are not being uncivil. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Too much civility is boring...

Lol, I am ready to book as soon as I know ships are actually going to sail.  Don’t want to be disappointed again with a cancelled cruise—we have had three of those, and that is three to many.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, RachelG said:

Lol, I am ready to book as soon as I know ships are actually going to sail.  Don’t want to be disappointed again with a cancelled cruise—we have had three of those, and that is three to many.

And  you have raised another risk in booking any cruise now. As I understand the “cancelled cruise” matter, Regent requires final payment 60 days out, but is cancelling cruises only about 30 days out. This forces booked cruisers, when a cruise is likely to be cancelled, to gamble on either losing deposit or paying in full, with the risk of getting final payment amount back in cash months later, or taking a FCC for 125% with a limited useful time period.. In either case, as I understand, the deposit amount can only be transferred to a future cruise. If I am wrong, please inform me. And unless I am wrong, I understand that NCLH will be solvent only to Sept. 2021, unless they can resume rather full cruising on or before that date. And, as I understand from this board, the FCCs are good only to December, 2021. This situation is not financially attractive to some of us. Now, if I am wrong on some of these facts, I would love to be educated. If not, we are staying put.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

And  you have raised another risk in booking any cruise now. As I understand the “cancelled cruise” matter, Regent requires final payment 60 days out, but is cancelling cruises only about 30 days out. This forces booked cruisers, when a cruise is likely to be cancelled, to gamble on either losing deposit or paying in full, with the risk of getting final payment amount back in cash months later, or taking a FCC for 125% with a limited useful time period.. In either case, as I understand, the deposit amount can only be transferred to a future cruise. If I am wrong, please inform me. And unless I am wrong, I understand that NCLH will be solvent only to Sept. 2021, unless they can resume rather full cruising on or before that date. And, as I understand from this board, the FCCs are good only to December, 2021. This situation is not financially attractive to some of us. Now, if I am wrong on some of these facts, I would love to be educated. If not, we are staying put.

Believe 60 days is recent because of the COVED.  Usually much earlier and sure they will go back to the longer early final payment think World 6 months.

3 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

And, as I understand from this board, the FCCs are good only to December, 2021. 

I have until 12/31/2021 to apply my FCC (from my cruise that was scheduled to depart tomorrow  😥) to a cruise that sails by 12/31/2022.

6 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

In either case, as I understand, the deposit amount can only be transferred to a future cruise.

If the customer has paid in full, Regent cancels and the customer opts for a refund then the refund is 100%, including the deposit.

48 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Only the first time - once a credit, always a credit.

I understand the "once a credit, always a credit" comment, but can you please expand on "only the first time"?  I went back to the previous posts, and want to be sure I understand what you are saying.  Thanks.

I am not speaking for Regent - only sharing my understanding of the new policy.

A 100% FCC can be split 1 time and 1 time only. The 25% FCC can not be split.

Once a cruise is taken as a credit (and not as a refund) it can never go back to a cash refund and must stay a credit/s. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I'm with both of you.  I am longing to book a cruise, and I look at the late 2021 and 2022 itineraries a lot, with real yearning.  But we are not going to spend a dime right now until we see the lay of the land (or the sea I guess).  And that most likely won't be until next spring at the earliest.

Oh yes, and isn't it civil here lately?

Very civil, but may be deleted for commenting on it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

If the customer has paid in full, Regent cancels and the customer opts for a refund then the refund is 100%, including the deposit.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Only the first time

It is my understanding that a customer can opt for a refund each and every time Regent cancels a cruise.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

once a credit, always a credit

36 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Once a cruise is taken as a credit (and not as a refund) it can never go back to a cash refund and must stay a credit/s

Agreed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

It is my understanding that a customer can opt for a refund each and every time Regent cancels a cruise.

Not if it was paid for with FCC....they revert back to your account in their original amounts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

19 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Not if it was paid for with FCC....they revert back to your account in their original amounts.

Okay, so this is confusing.  Am I correct in this scenario: Regent cancels a cruise you have paid for, and you opt for an FCC; you book a future cruise, and this cruise is subsequently cancelled by Regent; you will not then be offered a refund, only an FCC with a diminishing schedule to rebook.

If this is correct, then I'm darned glad I'm not in this game!

Correct but you have until the end of 2022 to use it....I have heard the book by date of the end of 2021 is flexible but I don't speak for Regent. 

Some people have a lot of risk tolerance and some people have little....one isn't better than other other. Go with what works for you.

• Like 1