Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know when Regent will release their summer 2022 European cruises. Thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In previous years Regent has released its new itineraries in August, but not sure what their plan is this year.

The announcement usually follows on after details of the following year’s World Cruise have been released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think any itineraries ahead need to be taken ' with a pinch of salt' as plan B or C or D may need to be adopted depending on the ports open, flight availability, where crew can get to, plus the 'new' business model- as to whether international passenger mixes will occur or ships are all regionally based . also the load factor at present for 2021Regent has said,  this is only 75/80% capacity. I think few people will book ahead with the uncertainty 12+ months in advance as we have often done in the past. Equally I can't see ships disembarking passengers and reloading a new set on the same day with all the health protocols etc. health screening for 600 is going to take several hours to do. This will be a nightmare for the non-Regent mega ships, imagine how long this will take for 2000/3000 passengers( 7mins each = 230 hours: even with 20 teams that is 10+ hours )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Think any itineraries ahead need to be taken ' with a pinch of salt'

 

13 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

I think few people will book ahead with the uncertainty 12+ months in advance

 

So you don't see this pandemic being under control or suppressed by mid 2022? What a depressing outlook!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

 

 

So you don't see this pandemic being under control or suppressed by mid 2022? What a depressing outlook!

At the present time no, but controlled not fully suppressed. Equally vaccines for the masses are way off; Summer 21 if all is well and with a  totally positive outlook . However the business model ahead will be totally different, when will excursions ashore return to the model of 6 months ago? Shows in the theatre with singing/ dancing?, few mixed tables in restaurants?, no block parties,? deck BBQ's?, use of lifts, ?

Sorry Sue,  not depressing but I feel realistic. we like you I am sure ,have lots of FCC tied up in Regent  ours is £30k+, I want to get back to travel and cruising but I don't think we are anywhere near at present. Equally there are many on here CC , who I don't think are taking a realistic look forward to what we have now have accepted as the 'new normal' in UK over the past 5 months.

I want Regent to survive and thrive, but those who say will not wear a mask, as its against my rights.  Even on Regent certain areas get busy Lunch at pool deck / La Veranda, breakfast prior to trips, tendering ashore? None of these will work with distancing. Open seating in the restaurants, will people want to eat when told? trivia/ tea another area to consider, Coffee connection with self service food? We never use but the Casinos, impossible to distance on a table!

Our next booking is Jan 21 Buenos Aires to Lima on Voyager as its South America and prior to this is due in South Africa and Brazil, already think it is unlikely to sail, after that due on Splendour out of Southampton in May 21, as no flights and close to home. However if this does not sail Regent will have had 14 months out of the water- questions then have to be asked as to long term future with no income?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GrJ Berkshire, sadly I feel that I have to agree with you. Is this what the UK CMO means when he says “we may have to learn to live with this for sometime”.

 I think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Coffee Connection will likely have the food served by a crew member and some tables will have to be remain vacant for distancing.  The same will probably go for all dining venues.  With approximately 50% capacity on the ships, this is doable.  I do not even see Regent having to go to set seating in CR with the lowered capacity.  

 

In our city, some restaurants remove tables but most simply indicate which tables are available and which are not.  It works just fine and thankfully there have not been any Covid outbreaks that trace back to a restaurant so none have had to close.  The restaurants here have been open at 50% capacity for about 8 weeks.

 

No doubt some events will be curtailed for a while.  This will affect some passengers and not others.  Right now, I’d be happy to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine and watch the sea - it is one of the most calming ways to spend time on a ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

 

 

No doubt some events will be curtailed for a while.  This will affect some passengers and not others.  Right now, I’d be happy to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine and watch the sea - it is one of the most calming ways to spend time on a ship.  

I totally agree.  Even if we need to wear masks and social distance when out of our suite, just being able to sit on our balcony , watching the ocean pass by, imbibing our favorite beverage, will make life all good again.  I'll take our transatlantic in March even without hardly any port stops.  Splendor, in and of itself, is a wonderful experience, based on our history on Explorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

I totally agree.  Even if we need to wear masks and social distance when out of our suite, just being able to sit on our balcony , watching the ocean pass by, imbibing our favorite beverage, will make life all good again.  I'll take our transatlantic in March even without hardly any port stops.  Splendor, in and of itself, is a wonderful experience, based on our history on Explorer.

 

Hope to see you onboard in March!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

Even if we need to wear masks and social distance when out of our suite, just being able to sit on our balcony , watching the ocean pass by, imbibing our favorite beverage, will make life all good again.  I'll take our transatlantic in March even without hardly any port stops.  Splendor, in and of itself, is a wonderful experience, based on our history on Explorer.

But what happens if a week into the cruise passengers start getting sick because some non-symptomatic person on the ship ended up spreading the virus to others?  Helicopters can't rescue you in the middle of the ocean.   I think cruising along the coast sounds safer to me.🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, journeyfan said:

But what happens if a week into the cruise passengers start getting sick because some non-symptomatic person on the ship ended up spreading the virus to others?  Helicopters can't rescue you in the middle of the ocean.   I think cruising along the coast sounds safer to me.🙂

 

I would hope that if everyone is following protocols, you would not be close enough to a non-symptomatic person in order to catch Covid.  I'm also hoping that the testing will be much better when cruises resume.  Israel is close to announcing a quick (within minutes) test that is, most importantly, accurate.

 

Cruising near the coast is good but is not always possible.  To me, one of the most difficult cruises for passengers that become sick (from anything) is Cape Town to Rio as you are a couple of days away from anywhere at some points.  We did that crossing twice and the last time there were 3 very sick people that needed treatment ASAP.  We skipped our one and only port (we didn't mind - health is more important) - the captain put the pedal to the metal and raced to get to Rio so that the passengers could get to a hospital.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we got off the Mariner in Fremantle in mid-March, the Staff was serving the food in Coffee Corner and doing the coffee for us as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 11:56 AM, Guerncruising said:

So you are happy to take Covid to somewhere else?

Aside from your little corner of the world Covid-19 is already everywhere. I suspect that soon after your government opens the borders You will have it too. 
 

I hope vaccination can keep outbreaks small but I think Covid-19 is with us for the long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we’ve had it with 13 deaths and 3 presumptive deaths but managed to control it for nearly 100 days. Sure, when we open our borders it may come in, but I believe that we will clamp down again. Our government ( we are not part of UK) will take the action as advised by our Director of Public Health. 

Sadly, I feel like you, that it is here for the long term. My wife and I would like to visit our elderly parents in the UK (90+ years old) but can’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, Travelcat2 said:

 

I would hope that if everyone is following protocols, you would not be close enough to a non-symptomatic person in order to catch Covid. 

 

Hope is all you have for this situation because the science says otherwise. As soon as you drop your mask to eat or drink, especially in an enclosed area, you are subject to the aerosol virus particles that are still in the air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, Travelcat2 said:

I would hope that if everyone is following protocols, you would not be close enough to a non-symptomatic person in order to catch Covid

You are forgetting about symptomatic people who you also have to stay far away from.  And with the recent revelation about Covid particles staying in the air for hours, the reported 6 feet, 2 meters, 1.5 meters, etc. are far from safe for these long floating particles and on an enclosed ship  if even a single person has the virus, it is likely that some or many people will pass thru the floating particles and further spread the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there will be cruises Summer of 2022. By then, pax will be willing to follow any mandates necessary in order to cruise. They’ve been stuck in the house for over two years by then.

 

 The cruise lines will realize that they have to make the decision either enforce strict public health mandates that some pax will find distasteful or go bankrupt forever. 

 

I am planning to receive the vaccination when it becomes available to me. And I wouldn’t choose any itinerary to a hotspot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

I believe there will be cruises Summer of 2022. By then, pax will be willing to follow any mandates necessary in order to cruise. They’ve been stuck in the house for over two years by then.

 

 The cruise lines will realize that they have to make the decision either enforce strict public health mandates that some pax will find distasteful or go bankrupt forever. 

 

I am planning to receive the vaccination when it becomes available to me. And I wouldn’t choose any itinerary to a hotspot. 

I agree with you but the proviso is that any public health mandates are strictly adhered to, no ifs or buts (mmm is that English idiom acceptable?). The trouble with the hotspots is that they are not keeping still at the moment, so safe one minute and not the next. 

I would prefer 2021 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

I agree with you but the proviso is that any public health mandates are strictly adhered to, no ifs or buts (mmm is that English idiom acceptable?). The trouble with the hotspots is that they are not keeping still at the moment, so safe one minute and not the next. 

I would prefer 2021 though. 

Agree about the hot spots. I think only traveling to ports where there is the infrastructure to support a major outbreak. So probably more boring ports to begin with. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, PSU said:

Does anyone know when Regent will release their summer 2022 European cruises. Thanks so much.

 

Coincidentally my TA asked the Regent UK office this question for me just this morning.

 

We were advised that they are currently working on the 2022 itineraries being released in October 2020.

 

 Pinch of salt time methinks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, machotspur said:

We were advised that they are currently working on the 2022 itineraries being released in October 2020.

 

 Pinch of salt time methinks !

What do feel requires scepticism? The October date or the 2022 itineraries that will be published?

 

Personally I am surprised that Regent have delayed the issue of 2022 itineraries until October.

I would have thought that they would welcome some new income in the form of deposits as soon as possible.

 

I would also hope that mankind will have this pandemic totally under control by mid 2022 (2 years hence); otherwise we may as well forget about most of the international travel & hospitality industry, including cruising ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...