Summer 2022

PSU

As regards the use of deferred deposits, at least in the UK, we cancelled a December cruise yesterday which was the final payment day.

I asked for our deposit to be credited to our account to be used in the future. We were told it had to be used within 12 months for a cruise departing before end December 2021.

As we have a cruise already booked for late 2021 it is unlikely to be used so will be forfeited as we won’t be cruising under the proposed regimes.

It is a pity Regent can’t be honest and admit that December cruises won’t be sailing and that in the UK we can’t currently  travel to the US so we couldn’t join the ship in any case.

With what is happening here in the UK that’s unlikely to change in the mid term.

• Like 1

Wait, does that say 'wherever your clients ravel '?  My eyes, or computer, need checking? Or is proof reading totally a lost skill?

Let's hope summer 2022 looks better for travel like 'before times'. 

Edited by greykitty
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, tert333 said:

Do you find this is a good time to buy normally, or will they go down?

No way to know with this new normal.  Historically it would be supply and demand determining price decreases or increases plus Regent sometimes adds perks rather than discounts.  With the financial issues facing all cruise lines it has been expected that prices would be rising.  And they have.

You pays your money and takes your chances.  Really no way for anyone to provide and accurate answer.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, swansong said:

I asked for our deposit to be credited to our account to be used in the future. We were told it had to be used within 12 months for a cruise departing before end December 2021.

As we have a cruise already booked for late 2021 it is unlikely to be used so will be forfeited as we won’t be cruising under the proposed regimes.

Is this the reaction from Regent UK or from your TA?

Perhaps worth pressing Regent to consider one of the following:

• crediting your deposit against the cruise you have already booked for late 2021
  • extending use of the deposit towards one of the new itineraries (2022/2023), open for booking next week

or claim back the deposit from your credit card or travel insurance on the basis that FCO advice against cruise travel and travel to the USA meant that you were forced to cancel.

Best of luck 

Edited by flossie009

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

In the USA, our FCC can be used by the end of 2022.

Actually as the no sail has progressed the terms of FCC usage has changed however no way on the website to know how long a specific FCC can be booked or used.

Remember in the beginning back in March cruise had to be booked by the end of 2020 and sail before the end of 2021 or the FCC's would be void.  Would be great if Regent and other cruise lines included a chart on their websites stating the policy for FCC's depending on the dates the cruises were cancelled to create the FCC's plus any other differences as cancellations have continued.

Right now the cancellation policies and policies for FCC's are a hodge podge of this and that and not consistent for different cancellation dates as well as different countries.

2 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Actually as the no sail has progressed the terms of FCC usage has changed however no way on the website to know how long a specific FCC can be booked or used.

Remember in the beginning back in March cruise had to be booked by the end of 2020 and sail before the end of 2021 or the FCC's would be void.  Would be great if Regent and other cruise lines included a chart on their websites stating the policy for FCC's depending on the dates the cruises were cancelled to create the FCC's plus any other differences as cancellations have continued.

Right now the cancellation policies and policies for FCC's are a hodge podge of this and that and not consistent for different cancellation dates as well as different countries.

The actual policy in effect is book by end of 2021 (flexible) and sail by end of 2022. 100% FCC's can be split once and 25% FCC's maybe not be split. That is direct from Regent to me in writing. Pls confirm with your TA.

14 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

The actual policy in effect is book by end of 2021 (flexible) and sail by end of 2022. 100% FCC's can be split once and 25% FCC's maybe not be split. That is direct from Regent to me in writing. Pls confirm with your TA.

You missed the point of my post. 

1.  Why if this is the policy is in not on the website??

2.  Why is it different in different countries base on comments of people in the UK and also not on the Regent websites outside the US??

3.  Why is their policy not stating that people who got their FCC's under different circumstances and rules early in the COVED Pandemic have gotten an extra year to book and sail??

Great that you have it in writing but, should be clearly stated on the Regent websites for the 99.9999999999% of people other than you??

12 minutes ago, rallydave said:

You missed the point of my post. 

1.  Why if this is the policy is in not on the website??

2.  Why is it different in different countries base on comments of people in the UK and also not on the Regent websites outside the US??

3.  Why is their policy not stating that people who got their FCC's under different circumstances and rules early in the COVED Pandemic have gotten an extra year to book and sail??

Great that you have it in writing but, should be clearly stated on the Regent websites for the 99.9999999999% of people other than you??

All 4 of your questions should be directed to Regent. I do not work for them and I do not speak for them...I can only share my opinions and what I know to be fact.

Having said that, I agree with you on all counts.

Why not ask your TA and get you an answer and then you will also have their reply in writing.

Edited by Pcardad

12 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Is this the reaction from Regent UK or from your TA?

Perhaps worth pressing Regent to consider one of the following:

• crediting your deposit against the cruise you have already booked for late 2021
  • extending use of the deposit towards one of the new itineraries (2022/2023), open for booking next week

or claim back the deposit from your credit card or travel insurance on the basis that FCO advice against cruise travel and travel to the USA meant that you were forced to cancel.

Best of luck 

Thanks to all for advice on deposits.

To answer Flossies points, my TA was on the phone to Regent and related their comments correctly or not I don’t know but now suspect that they were incorrect. ( My previous posts noted that future cruises are booked with a more professional TA!)

As far as using the deposit for the cruise I mentioned we have already used a previously postponed deposit for that one. 

I had thought of using the insurance route but will now go back to the TA to clarify.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, swansong said:

As regards the use of deferred deposits, at least in the UK, we cancelled a December cruise yesterday which was the final payment day.

It is a pity Regent can’t be honest and admit that December cruises won’t be sailing and that in the UK we can’t currently  travel to the US so we couldn’t join the ship in any case.

With what is happening here in the UK that’s unlikely to change in the mid term.

We have been told the same about our deposit for a cruise which should have happened in July. I cancelled and said the deposit could be used as FCC and that was agreed. It appears that Regent US are stipulating that it must be used by December 2021, and that means the cruise! 

I am not overly confident that my wife and I would cruise unless things are fairly much as normal. 

3 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

We have been told the same about our deposit for a cruise which should have happened in July. I cancelled and said the deposit could be used as FCC and that was agreed. It appears that Regent US are stipulating that it must be used by December 2021, and that means the cruise! 

I am not overly confident that my wife and I would cruise unless things are fairly much as normal. 

I think if you call, you will discover you can "use" the credit by putting it on a booking by the end of 2021 (and even this is flexible I was told) and cruise by the end of 2022. 

Or perhaps Regent simply has other rules for outside the USA....but those are the rules for US clients.

@Pcardad the email I received from Olivier RSSC UK states that he had checked with US and we have until 31st December 2021 to book and take a cruise. 

I must emphasise that it was my choice to cancel the cruise, well before Regent did, and that may be the reason for their actions. In any case our government on Guernsey more or less excluded any off island travel except to the UK for health. 

I suppose that I have to accept what has happened and that eventually we all will be able to resume cruising in a fairly normal way. 

3 minutes ago, Guerncruising said:

@Pcardad the email I received from Olivier RSSC UK states that he had checked with US and we have until 31st December 2021 to book and take a cruise. 

I must emphasise that it was my choice to cancel the cruise, well before Regent did, and that may be the reason for their actions. In any case our government on Guernsey more or less excluded any off island travel except to the UK for health. 

I suppose that I have to accept what has happened and that eventually we all will be able to resume cruising in a fairly normal way. 

Here is an excerpt from an email I received about FCC.....

"With FCCs, if they are applied to a cruise and that cancels, it does revert to the original terms and conditions.  But the “Book By” date is usually pretty flexible.  Just need to stick to the sail by date of 12/31/2022.  They are not granting any exceptions to have these FCCs go into 2023."

• Like 1

Guerncruising, thank you for your clarification, my TA did relate the correct information.
However I hope that Regent will show some flexibility under the circumstances when, and if, I choose to book another cruise in the future.

We like many will not be cruising if we have to wear face masks or are prohibited from going ashore alone. Perhaps we should pay £45 to have the vaccination in China as announced on the BBC today!

I think not!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, swansong said:

Guerncruising, thank you for your clarification, my TA did relate the correct information.
However I hope that Regent will show some flexibility under the circumstances when, and if, I choose to book another cruise in the future.

We like many will not be cruising if we have to wear face masks or are prohibited from going ashore alone. Perhaps we should pay £45 to have the vaccination in China as announced on the BBC today!

I think not!

Swansong, you have identified our difficulties too. 

We, on the island, have been spoilt for over 8 months now because we have been more or less Covid free with no masks, social distancing, etc. needed. The downside being no travel unless you are prepared to self isolate for 14 days. 

It would be so nice to resume cruising as it used to be but I fear that may be a little way off yet. 

I would like Regent to show how they care about their repeat customers and extend that deadline date to 2022 which may be more realistic. 

• Like 2