My son (3) is not a person according to MSC

RealNorwegianCruiser

19 hours ago, quattrohead said:

I am all for a good deal and bargain but some people have lofty expectations...to say the least.

Of cours it has been in the T&C from the beginning.

Like Quattrohead says: some people have lofty expectations...to say the least.

If you are not happy with a reduction of 5%+5% and 100€/$ per adult OBC, than to cancel is your best option and continue looking for a cruise for free where they pay you on top of that to sail with them...good luck 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

Just for the fun of it: How many ** u see here:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. 

Look for "Vilkår og betingelser" and click the "+". 

The information is there. You claim that is wasn't when you booked.

The information that states...

"Shipboard credit does not apply to MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 years old."

...has been a part of the Voyagers Club Terms & Conditions for at least 5 years (looking at the pdf that I have). 

7 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

No biggie for me. Im just cancelling and moving on. If MSC wants to mislead their potential clients, fine. Luckily for me as a consumer, its enough cruise lines out there fighting for my cash. 

You weren't mislead. You chose to not read all of the available information. The other cruise lines have terms and conditions, too. Read and understand the terms in your future endeavors. 

• Like 2

and it was all about 100€/$ OBC for his 3y old son. Alone the 5%+5% reduction was 95€/$ reduction per 1000€ cost of the the booking...+ 100€/$ per adult and double points. The sky is the limit.

14 minutes ago, cvg42 said:

and it was all about 100€/$ OBC for his 3y old son. Alone the 5%+5% reduction was 95€/$ reduction per 1000€ cost of the the booking...+ 100€/$ per adult and double points. The sky is the limit.

Yupp. All about 100 EUR x 2 (2 bookings). 

27 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. 

Look for "Vilkår og betingelser" and click the "+". 

The information is there. You claim that is wasn't when you booked.

The information that states...

"Shipboard credit does not apply to MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 years old."

...has been a part of the Voyagers Club Terms & Conditions for at least 5 years (looking at the pdf that I have). 

You weren't mislead. You chose to not read all of the available information. The other cruise lines have terms and conditions, too. Read and understand the terms in your future endeavors. 

You see, when you use * then it should be a * for that text it refers to. On the homepage it is not. Confusing - at best. 

Although I'm sure MSC consider your son to be a person but not a full fare paying adult. The benefits available to VC adult passengers are not applicable to minors . No OBC, no complimentary bubby or spa access. 

If that's enough to make you cancel a family holiday, not justifiable or rational IMO but it's your perogative. 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 10:23 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

had two upcoming bookings. Those are now cancelled. 

Did you get the deposit back?

We may cancel our booking next summer if  they replace the new ship we booked with an old ship and don't reduce the price but we will then loose our deposit, around $1000.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 2:09 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

This current offer from MSC seems kinda good:

"

VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES
5%+5% OFF PLUS AN ONBOARD CREDIT UP TO €/$100 PER PERSON
AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR MEMBERS-ONLY!
All departures* are now available as Voyages Selection departures, with an extra 5% discount combinable with your always-available 5% Club discount.

Book a Balcony, Suite, or the MSC Yacht Club to get up to €/$100 onboard credit per person or choose an Inside or Outside cabin to receive a up to €/$ 50 onboard credit**, to spend as you wish during the cruise. This offer is valid on all cruises and promotions until August 20th.

Prices shown below are not discounted yet: add your MSC Voyagers Club card number at the first step of the online booking process to apply the discount

Members who book a Voyages Selection departure will be credited double membership points for the type of Experience chosen. Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.

**The onboard credit will be uploaded automatically to your reservation 24h after confirmation"

We did two bookings, and now get the message that my son dont get 100E since he is a child. 

Can you see the disclaimer in this text?

So, my son is not a person?

Are you paying FULL FARE for your child? As a full person/like an adult. Or is the child sailing free? Or reduced rate ?

IF you aren't paying for your child, like an adult fare, than why expect an OBC for an adult fare?  Right

On 8/6/2020 at 2:09 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

"

All departures* are now available as Voyages Selection departures, with an extra 5% discount combinable with your always-available 5% Club discount.

Book a Balcony, Suite, or the MSC Yacht Club to get up to €/$100 onboard credit per person or choose an Inside or Outside cabin to receive a up to €/$ 50 onboard credit**, to spend as you wish during the cruise. This offer is valid on all cruises and promotions until August 20th.

Prices shown below are not discounted yet: add your MSC Voyagers Club card number at the first step of the online booking process to apply the discount

Members who book a Voyages Selection departure will be credited double membership points for the type of Experience chosen. Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.

**The onboard credit will be uploaded automatically to your reservation 24h after confirmation"

We did two bookings, and now get the message that my son dont get 100E since he is a child. 

We booked last week 2 cruises on this promotion.   We paid $0 cruise fare (just taxes) for our daughter.  DH and I got the OBC, but not our daughter...and not complaining.  How can I expect OBC for her when we paid $0 for her cruise?

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

(And yeah, my son is member of MSC Voyager Club - Black/Diamond)

I am very curious how your son (at 3) earned this high level status match.  Our daughter earned her own Diamond status at 6 years old on Royal, and that is cruising 3-4 times a time for almost 6 years.  She started cruising at 6 months.  I thought that was quite an accomplishment for her age.  

We matched our status in 2017 and have cruised exclusively with MSC (3-4 times a year) since then. 

I am curious how your son did this at 3 years of age.  Did he get this status based on your status?

Edited by lifeasme123
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 8:09 PM, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

"

OMG...really????

2 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

Kids that young sail free. Why would you then expect perks? usually perks aare only for the first 2 passengers. So if you put the 3 yr old with one adult in the cabin the 3 year old would pay full fare.... and you would get the voyagers discount off the cruise fare. It is not per person anyways.

You and I know that but entitled person does not.

• Like 2