How are you all?

AndyMichelle

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Also just heard from his US brother in law.  He is not able to speak because of the tube, but can write notes for the nurse to read.  Unbelievable.  He had a really bad accident when we were sailing and smashed his hip socket.  Nearly died from internal bleeding then, but made it and then sailed the Atlantic with his new wife.  He is a real fighter.  We will see.

That is amazing Jean, I have always associated intubation with needing to be on life support, your ex certainly is a fighter.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That is amazing Jean, I have always associated intubation with needing to be on life support, your ex certainly is a fighter.

Yes it is life support, but because of crushed chest and lung collapse he can't breathe without it.  No idea what they can do, but we will see 😞

• Like 1

Pleased to hear the positive news Jean.

Incredibly hot here again today - thermometer in the shade in the garden showing 36 degrees. We really need some rain to clear the air and although I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance no sign of any storms here yet. Sitting in the shade with a glass of wine to stay hydrated 🤣

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Make the most of your dry spell wowzz, the BBC weather app is forecasting rain all next week. Sorry.

Avril 

Actually, I would quite welcome the rain

We moved back to the UK as we found the Spanish summers were getting too warm for us. It has not even reached 40c here yet, so not that hot, but we do miss a pool in this warmer weather 

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

It's stinky hot here in Devon, so I am very glad I am not in London.  I went shopping and it was 35 degrees in the car park. 

My ex is alert and orientated, although still intubated.  He's a tough cookie, always was.

Pleased to hear he's a fighter Jean. One day at at time. I'm  thinking about you. 

Avril 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Actually, I would quite welcome the rain

We moved back to the UK as we found the Spanish summers were getting too warm for us. It has not even reached 40c here yet, so not that hot, but we do miss a pool in this warmer weather 

We used to be able cope with high 30° low 40° but not any more. 20/22° is our limit now, and even then I spend some time in the shade. We're never satisfied are we?😆

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We used to be able cope with high 30° low 40° but not any more. 20/22° is our limit now, and even then I spend some time in the shade. We're never satisfied are we?😆

Avril 

I have already planned my moaning schedule for next week when it gets wet and colder.🤣

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Pleased to hear the positive news Jean.

Incredibly hot here again today - thermometer in the shade in the garden showing 36 degrees. We really need some rain to clear the air and although I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance no sign of any storms here yet. Sitting in the shade with a glass of wine to stay hydrated 🤣

Hot here on the NE coast 23°C

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

We would lie all day in the Sun in hot Spanish resorts but after Pauline had a basal cell skin cancer removed we sit or lie in the shade now although I sometimes sit in the sun for about 30 minutes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not down here yet? 

Watching these Andy on the live map they seem to be heading Liverpool and Birmingham way .

There seems to be a few off the French coast that look like they could pay you a visit later .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

Watching these Andy on the live map they seem to be heading Liverpool and Birmingham way .

There seems to be a few off the French coast that look like they could pay you a visit later .:classic_unsure:

Bring it on... Really need a storm to clear this headache.. 

Andy 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Depends where you are, Andy!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-08-12

There are some nasty looking storms carrying a lot of rain in that amber warning area......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That bad today mate :classic_sad:

Try and get your head down and relax or maybe a medicinal drink first :classic_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Looks like tonight's thunder storms are working up the country again .

live  map  https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;ts=0;z=7;y=51.8494;x=-3.3673;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Just gone through here, went pitch black at around 7.45 solar lights in garden came on, sunset was meant to be 8.41. Then a repeat of last nights lightning show with torrential rain this time, glad we live on a hill given the amount of water in the road outside. Still rumbling in distance.

Temperature hit 34C  on patio this after and that was the shaded part!

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

Andy,, how

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just checking in Jean... You OK? 

andy, how kind.  Yes I'm fine.  Heard from his brother in law.  He is alert, still intubated, but able to write notes.  Unbelievable.

xx

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just gone through here, went pitch black at around 7.45 solar lights in garden came on, sunset was meant to be 8.41. Then a repeat of last nights lightning show with torrential rain this time, glad we live on a hill given the amount of water in the road outside. Still rumbling in distance.

Temperature hit 34C  on patio this after and that was the shaded part!

Thankfully a bit cooler up here in S yorks we hit around the 29 'c mark.

Early this morning 4am we got the loudest almighty boom of thunder followed by a monsoon that 

looking out our street grates were just coping with the water.Lucky for us we are also blessed with high ground.

The storms seem to be heading towards the Peak District, lets hope they stay there as well .

I may get some sleep if they do .

What got me all that rain we had and our next doors was out watering all his plants today :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

Hi jean , I’m pleased he’s improving a little with his alertness and writing notes !! Has you say unbelievable with what has happened let’s hope it’s all positive from now on , lots of loving thoughts coming your way, stay strong and positive .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Andy,, how

andy, how kind.  Yes I'm fine.  Heard from his brother in law.  He is alert, still intubated, but able to write notes.  Unbelievable.

xx

Great news Jean. 

Still terrible though, his world has been ripped apart. 

Glad you are keeping your chin up. 

Andy x

• Like 1

Morning all.  Just heard from my step-daughter.  She spoke to him from Oz to the US on the phone.  Tube is out, he is very croaky.  BP has stabilized.  Chest drain in.  Unbelievable.   Thanks for your support. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Just heard from my step-daughter.  She spoke to him from Oz to the US on the phone.  Tube is out, he is very croaky.  BP has stabilized.  Chest drain in.  Unbelievable.   Thanks for your support. 

Excellent news Jean , onwards and upwards :classic_smile:

• Like 3