How are you all?

AndyMichelle

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Just heard from my step-daughter.  She spoke to him from Oz to the US on the phone.  Tube is out, he is very croaky.  BP has stabilized.  Chest drain in.  Unbelievable.   Thanks for your support. 

That is good news Jean.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Andy,, how

andy, how kind.  Yes I'm fine.  Heard from his brother in law.  He is alert, still intubated, but able to write notes.  Unbelievable.

xx

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Just heard from my step-daughter.  She spoke to him from Oz to the US on the phone.  Tube is out, he is very croaky.  BP has stabilized.  Chest drain in.  Unbelievable.   Thanks for your support. 

Belated best wishes to you Jean, the shock of a 4am phone call with bad news is in itself a terrible thing to deal with.

I am full of admiration for your resilience & down to earth attitude. Please don’t apologise for sharing either, putting things in writing certainly helps me gather my thoughts & reflect & I’m sure it is no burden at all for your virtual friends on here.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Amazing! Really pleased for you.

57 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Amazing news Jean. He's one strong man, and at 90 years old, as you say , unbelievable. 

Avril 

• Like 1

I have heard again from his brother in law.  He visited yesterday and will be taking in a cell phone and a laptop.  He is on morphine and other drugs, but is talkative.  Incredible.  We have remained friends since we divorced in 1991, and in fact because we both agreed to everything, the solicitors hardly made any money!!  He then sailed the Atlantic with wife no. 3 (we don't talk about her), and then met this lady who has now sadly died.

Just to make you all laugh.  His 80th birthday was held at his son's restaurant in the South of France.  3 wives were in attendance.  No. 1 with daughter from Oz, No. 2 (me) and my husband and No. 4 who has just died.  It was a wonderful occasion.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have heard again from his brother in law.  He visited yesterday and will be taking in a cell phone and a laptop.  He is on morphine and other drugs, but is talkative.  Incredible.  We have remained friends since we divorced in 1991, and in fact because we both agreed to everything, the solicitors hardly made any money!!  He then sailed the Atlantic with wife no. 3 (we don't talk about her), and then met this lady who has now sadly died.

He's doing well Jean :classic_smile:

Tell me did your EX ever star in the Monty Python series ?

The one where the knight with an arm and leg missing claims "It's just a flesh wound " :classic_wink:

He's a tough old boy that's for sure .:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just to make you all laugh.  His 80th birthday was held at his son's restaurant in the South of France.  3 wives were in attendance.  No. 1 with daughter from Oz, No. 2 (me) and my husband and No. 4 who has just died.  It was a wonderful occasion.

Brilliant news Jean, he is a very strong man. I hope he’s going to be able to cope with the loss of his wife.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well, my ex is out of ICU, has a broken sternum, broken ribs and an injured hand.  So recovering nicely in a normal ward.  Absolutely unbelievable.

That's very good to hear Jean. Thank you for updating us.

Avril 

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well, my ex is out of ICU, has a broken sternum, broken ribs and an injured hand.  So recovering nicely in a normal ward.  Absolutely unbelievable.

He is a survivor.

It will be tough for him when he finds out the sad news about his wife.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, Josy1953 said:

We are in Stone and we had an awful lightning/thunderstorm on Tuesday evening with the worst and loudest thunder I have ever heard just after midnight and was very frightening. It damaged a lot of broadband/telephone cables after a power surge and we didnt have broadband for 2 days and no phone line and when restored phone didnt work so had to buy new phone and burglar alarm is now defunct. We were lucky compared to others south end of Stone some neighbours had consumers units explode and power sockets blown off the walls due to power surge and Western Power have had pavements dug up in various places on our estate since.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are in Stone and we had an awful lightning/thunderstorm on Tuesday evening with the worst and loudest thunder I have ever heard just after midnight and was very frightening. It damaged a lot of broadband/telephone cables after a power surge and we didnt have broadband for 2 days and no phone line and when restored phone didnt work so had to buy new phone and burglar alarm is now defunct. We were lucky compared to others south end of Stone some neighbours had consumers units explode and power sockets blown off the walls due to power surge and Western Power have had pavements dug up in various places on our estate since.

I've always loved a good thunderstorm, but if they're going to be like that I'll pass thank you. Glad you got through it unscathed.

Avril 

• Like 2

People underestimate how violent storms can be.  My cousin's husband was hit by lightning - twice on separate occasions - but survived OK.  He's a hill farmer so outside work's unavoidable.

Our house was hit some long time ago - we'd taken our 3 year old daughter to the window to watch the lightning, so that she wouldn't be scared of it!  Big bang above us, lightning hit the chimney and tracked all over the house in a very weird way.  Reduced the insides of a video recorder to ash, blew a few sockets, but no structural damage, fortunately.  The neighbour was watching too and saw it hit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

People underestimate how violent storms can be.  My cousin's husband was hit by lightning - twice on separate occasions - but survived OK.  He's a hill farmer so outside work's unavoidable.

Our house was hit some long time ago - we'd taken our 3 year old daughter to the window to watch the lightning, so that she wouldn't be scared of it!  Big bang above us, lightning hit the chimney and tracked all over the house in a very weird way.  Reduced the insides of a video recorder to ash, blew a few sockets, but no structural damage, fortunately.  The neighbour was watching too and saw it hit.

Wow that must have been frightening Harry.

I'm glad you were all safe afterwards.

Graham.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I had the dog on our bed the other night.  I could not believe how he shook, absolutely terrified of the thunder and the lightning.  Eventually we put him in our shower room with his bed and he was OK in there. 

Your dog looked so cute in a previous photo you posted and he must have been terrified.

Good idea to put him in the shower room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It was the worst storm that I can recall. 

Yes it was and I have seen the effect of what damage lightning can do having worked in the fire service for 30 yrs and been to many incidents where house roofs have caught fire, chimneys collapse and television and main fuse boxes catch fire having been struck by lightning.

• Like 1

Whenever there was a thunderstorm mum would switch off all the sockets and unplug everything, put all the cutlery away and cover anything metal, take the clips out of her hair and, believe or not, open the front and back door incase a lightening bolt came down the chimney so it could get out of the house. I used to think she was daft, but after reading these posts,  maybe not.

Avril 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1