Two questions on future cruises

Currently, when is the last date to Lift and Shift?

Suppose I have a future cruise booked and the paperwork says my fare is $1000 and my husband's fare is $500.  Can I use an FCC in my name for $1500 to cover the whole price of the cruise or will the $1500 only cover my portion since it's in my name and then I'd lose the other $500?

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

Suppose I have a future cruise booked and the paperwork says my fare is $1000 and my husband's fare is $500.  Can I use an FCC in my name for $1500 to cover the whole price of the cruise or will the $1500 only cover my portion since it's in my name and then I'd lose the other $500?

Thank you.

Currently the last day to L&S is Sept 30 unless you were in a cruise cancelled by Royal and then it has generally been 2 weeks after they announce the cancellation. 

You and your husband will each  receive a FCC.  It will be either for equal amounts or what you paid.  Your husband would have to travel to use his.  You can each apply your FCC to the cruise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruiser24 said:

Thank you.

Ourusualbeach will know better but they have been known to work with people who were issued uneven amounts of fcc to even them out if needed on a case by case basis. Hope you have a good TA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If you don't use your entire FCC a new one for the remaining balance will be issued after your return from the cruise that you used it on

Is this still the case?    I thought RCL stopped refunding the difference.

A L/S question....I have a FCC (125%) & KSF already applied to a May 2021 booking from an RCI cancelled May 2020 

cruise. I would like to L/S to a May 2022 (everything kept the same) but May 2022 isn't out yet only released is up to Apr 2022.

Trying to protect my pricing...What can I do ?

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

A L/S question....I have a FCC (125%) & KSF already applied to a May 2021 booking from an RCI cancelled May 2020 

cruise. I would like to L/S to a May 2022 (everything kept the same) but May 2022 isn't out yet only released is up to Apr 2022.

Trying to protect my pricing...What can I do ?

Unfortunately the only way to protect pricing is to lift and shift and you could only lift and shift to April cruises.  If a cruise in April works then take it as you cannot L&S to a May 2022 sailing.  Some new itineraries may be released in December but lift and shift is over at the end of September.  Even if they extend L&S there is no guarantee that they will allow you to switch beyond April 2022.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately the only way to protect pricing is to lift and shift and you could only lift and shift to April cruises.  If a cruise in April works then take it as you cannot L&S to a May 2022 sailing.  Some new itineraries may be released in December but lift and shift is over at the end of September.  Even if they extend L&S there is no guarantee that they will allow you to switch beyond April 2022.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected..looks like we have no choice than to L/S to the last April 2022 date available. 

I did a L/S for a B2B from March 2021 to March 2022 and that only gives me approx 3 weeks before that April 2022 leaves and was hoping not to have cruises so close to each other...oh well.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1