Any ideas on the replacement of the 17 night Rotterdam Greenland cruise

wesport

Does anyone think HAL will replace the 17 day  in and out of Boston that went to Greenland on the Rotterdam. I noticed Princess does a similar 16 night itinerary on the Caribbean Princess. Not as good of the HAL itinerary. 

As of today no announced replacement.  Unless they shift a ship from Europe to Canada/NE to replace the Amsterdam (or move Volendam from doing Alaska to Canada/NE), I would not expect them to replace the itinerary for 2021.  Zaandam is now the only ship doing the 7 day Canada/NE and she is also scheduled for Voyage of the Vikings July 17th to August 21st.  I suppose they could cancel the following Canada/NE Cruises at End of August/early September to do the Greenland sailing, but they would have to cancel (3) 7 day sailings (1) BOS-BOS (1) BOS-YUL and (1) YUL-BOS, add in the 17 day and create a new 4 day in order to do that, unless they made the new Greenland sailing 21 days.

In short I'm guessing it's book the Princess 16 day or wait and see what, if anything, HAL offer for 2022.  Celebrity are also offering (2) 14 day Iceland/Greenland Cruises in late July/August - one from Bayonne to Southampton and one from Southampton to Boston, both 14 days and both similar ports, which could be booked back to back to make a 28 day Bayonne to Boston sailing

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

When this cruise went belly up, we flipped over to the 16 night Princess one. While its not a good as the HAL one, what with the lesser number of ports, its appears to be the only option at this point. We were actually on this years Princess, but that got cancelled, then we flipped to the HAL one and now are back on Princess, at least for the time being. 

5 hours ago, wesport said:

Does anyone think HAL will replace the 17 day  in and out of Boston that went to Greenland on the Rotterdam. I noticed Princess does a similar 16 night itinerary on the Caribbean Princess. Not as good of the HAL itinerary. 

We were booked on this too and when I asked my PCC she said she is hopeful that something similar will come up but, of course, who knows at this point.  I'm hoping that this itinerary will happen in 2022.  Right now I'm thinking of doing the 14 day Northern Isles out of Amsterdam, going to Norway, Iceland, Shetland Islands and Scotland.

I was going to do a 24 day round trip out of Boston to Greenland and Iceland in 2019.  But, HAL sold the Prinsendam in the summer of 2018.  That caused a big reshuffling of cruises and that particular itinerary was dropped and not replaced out of Boston.  I ended up doing one out of Amsterdam.  With the sale of four ships I am sure that the itinerary shuffle is even more complex.  I wouldn't expect to see this on  HAL's schedule until 2022.  

I am on two of the Zaandam cruises out of Boston in September.  I'm waiting to hear what will  happen with those because Zaandam is also supposed to do the Grand Africa leaving Ft. Lauderdale on October 10, but Zaandam does a Montreal to Boston run ending in Boston on October 9.  I'm thinking there will have to be some sort of reshuffle there.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 1

We ended up booking the V of V for 2021 (hoping)...but keep your eyes out on whatever itinerary Fred Olsen puts "our ships" on...they have a good itinerary on their Boudicca we liked, but hoping they put the Amsterdam on it eventually...or a similar one. They seem to have a similar type of cruiser on their ships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I was going to do a 24 day round trip out of Boston to Greenland and Iceland in 2019.  But, HAL sold the Prinsendam in the summer of 2018.  That caused a big reshuffling of cruises and that particular itinerary was dropped and not replaced out of Boston.  I ended up doing one out of Amsterdam.  With the sale of four ships I am sure that the itinerary shuffle is even more complex.  I wouldn't expect to see this on  HAL's schedule until 2022.  

I am on two of the Zaandam cruises out of Boston in September.  I'm waiting to hear what will  happen with those because Zaandam is also supposed to do the Grand Africa leaving Ft. Lauderdale on October 10, but Zaandam does a Montreal to Boston run ending in Boston on October 9.  I'm thinking there will have to be some sort of reshuffle there.

If September gets cancelled you and Sue can join us in August.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If September gets cancelled you and Sue can join us in August.

I think we're early enough that we won't.   I purposefully avoided being on the last cruise before Grand Africa because of that concern.