Holland America Line Extends Pause of Cruise Operations Through Dec. 15, 2020

xlxo

1 hour ago, Hflors said:

Update.  Sent in a request for a refund.  Hal says it will take 90 days to get put back on my card.   We are hoping to do something locally to celebrate our anniversary...

Good luck with the refund.

Edited by bouhunter

🙁  I imagine I'll be included in the next round.  I rebooked my cancelled Zaandam from April to 1/9/21 on NA.  Not even sure I want to go unless there's a vaccine.  I've had 3 Carnival sailings cancelled as well and my Med/TA replacements are questionable.

I'd gotten used to sailing 3 or 4 times a year.  This is only the 2nd time since I started cruising in 2001 that I won't have at least one cruise.

So far I have 7 booked from Jan 2021 to Feb 2022 on HAL, X, NCL & Carnival.  Need to squeeze in one on MSC, too.  Have to make up for all the cruises I'm not getting to take in 2020!

11 hours ago, gknep said:

I wonder when they will cancel my Jan 9 2021 Mexican Riviera cruise. 

I think the next wave of cancellations (if there is one) will not come for 2-3 months (Oct or early Nov)  as the cruiselines really want to sail for the holiday "high" season.

I have an FCC that has a must sail, and must book, date in Feb. 2021 from a cancelled Westerdam cruise.  It looks like there will be almost no inventory to choose from.  Does the must sail (= must book) date get extended?

3 hours ago, tcc8v said:

I have an FCC that has a must sail, and must book, date in Feb. 2021 from a cancelled Westerdam cruise.  It looks like there will be almost no inventory to choose from.  Does the must sail (= must book) date get extended?

Were in a similar situation, I hope they extend! 

15 hours ago, tcc8v said:

I had two FCCs, too, received in February 2020 from a cancelled March 2020 Westerdam cruise. I applied them to an August 2020 Rotterdam cruise, which was later Covid-cancelled. Now the FCCs are applied to a May 2021 Westerdam cruise (beyond the original one-year expiration date). I am confident that if this May 2021 cruise is also cancelled that the FCCs could still be rolled forward.

Best to check with your travel agent or PCC just to make sure.

• Like 1