Holland America Line Extends Pause of Cruise Operations Through Dec. 15, 2020

xlxo

Our Nov partial Panama is on the newly cancelled list. We received HAL's cancellation email this afternoon.

Just talked with our PCC. I had figured the Future Cruise Deposits used as our deposits for this cruise (final payment wasn't till due Aug 31) would go back into our deposit bank as FCDs always did in the past if we cancelled prior to final payment. But, NO.

That is NOT what HAL is doing for HAL cancellations due to Covid. We do not have the choice to just rebank our FCD.

Our choices are: 

1.) to have our FCD refunded to the original credit card used to purchase the FCD, or

2.) take the Future Cruise Credit bonus offered in the cancellation.  

We had been considering cancelling and, now, I wish I had cancelled ahead of HAL cancelling on us...   

as I'd preferred to have those FCD sitting in our deposit bank available to use through their original four year expiration...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

IMO, Dec 15 is a key date for the cruise industry, as after that they are in the "high season", with more demand and higher prices.  They will try VERY hard to sail for this high season.

But even then it would be just a few ships with limited occupancy.  Unfortunately.

I am actually relieved with the announcement that our December 9th cruise on Eurodam is cancelled. Of course we are disappointed but it was the right decision. However I am disappointed with what they are offering. When they cancelled our March 2020 cruise we were given the option of 125% FCC plus $250 in on board credits. We took that option so they have had the benefit of our money for five months as the cruise was paid in full as was the December 9 cruise. This time they are offering the same FCC but the on board credits are gone. I was surprised at that and not happy. 

46 minutes ago, john2003 said:

I am confused about the southbound Oosterdam trip to Australia. Was it already cancelled?

I might have missed picking it up by a row when I date sorted the list...   below are latest Oosterdam cancellations.  Scott.  

image.thumb.png.ff5758a4e875bc12b4859650eb9b655c.png

1 hour ago, Hflors said:

I am very sad.  Hal just e-mailed me that our dec 9th cruise has been cancelled.  It was to be my 49th wedding anniversary,.....     😞 😞

Here's to hoping you can roll it into a fabulous 50th cruise!  We celebrated our 25th and 35th on a cruiseship.  Great memories.  Congrats on 49!  I hope you enjoy it even though on solid ground.  It gives me a warm feeling to know that some are able to avoid the high divorce rate.  There is hope for us all.  Stay safe.

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo

15 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Complete list of newly-cancelled voyages.

https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/08/HAL-Impacted-Voyages-8.11.2020.xlsx 

And last cancelled itins by ship, as excerpted from that list.     Scott.  

image.thumb.png.e17d428967420d9b826f0aa33794ae09.png

Scott... you missed the October/November Eurodam cruises

Annotation 2020-08-12 070333.jpg

Edited by Lido - Lanai

2 hours ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Scott... you missed the October/November Eurodam cruises

Thanks.  The complete list is behind the link.  😉

My intent was to pick up the last cancelled sailings for each ship, which for Eurodam, sailing should (if indeed it does) resume 19 December with their eight-day Eastern holiday itin.      Scott.  

IThis dd not surprise me.  I learned weeks ago that the Seattle office is running with minimum crew.  Most are laid off through November 30th and not coming back until December 1st..  I hope HAL will begin some Caribean cruises in January.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, PigsCanFly said:

Here's to hoping you can roll it into a fabulous 50th cruise!  We celebrated our 25th and 35th on a cruiseship.  Great memories.  Congrats on 49!  I hope you enjoy it even though on solid ground.  It gives me a warm feeling to know that some are able to avoid the high divorce rate.  There is hope for us all.  Stay safe.

Yes we spent our 40th cruising hawaii and tahiti, our 45th cruising the Mediterranean and god willing we will be cruising our 50th again to tahiti and hawaii.  The 49th was just a little bonus cruise for us.   On top of the virus we have also had a bad year.  Oh well looking forward to 2021!!

On 8/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, Hflors said:

I am very sad.  Hal just e-mailed me that our dec 9th cruise has been cancelled.  It was to be my 49th wedding anniversary,.....     😞 😞

Update.  Sent in a request for a refund.  Hal says it will take 90 days to get put back on my card.   We are hoping to do something locally to celebrate our anniversary...