Singapore to Rome

antsp

I "was" tracking the Grand around the world.  She "was" leaving LA for Asia and going to  Europe by going South (not Panama Canal).  She "was" suppose to go through the Suez Canal to get into the Italy (Venice).  On to Spain and Portugal before heading to England.  Only her Southampton cruises "were" suppose to be replaced by the Regal.  After that...she is "suppose" to be back in LA for Alaska  (per conversation with Princess agent).  That's where it gets fuzzy.  No mention of her returning through the Panama Canal.  Nothing posted on the website for Alaska.

Her itinerary is more secretive than submarine movements.  Good luck.  Not sure what Princess is doing since many ships are being "relocated".  Grand Princess is "suppose" to be home ported on the West Coast by 2022.

3 hours ago, antsp said:

Does anyone know about this cruise in March 2020, princess website is listing it as the Grand but I thought it had changed to the Regal. Anyone know

I think you mean March 2021?  We are booked on this cruise and as far as I know it is still scheduled, taking the ship to Southampton (after Rome).  Then, I believe there is a 4 day  cruise.  Maybe after that, the Regal will take over in Southampton.  The Grand will be bound for LA.

5 hours ago, antsp said:

Does anyone know about this cruise in March 2020, princess website is listing it as the Grand but I thought it had changed to the Regal. Anyone know

Sorry, I meant March 2021

Edited by antsp

We received our new booking confirmations in July for the Regal Princess that replaced the 30 April and 4 May Grand cruises.     Most have posted their new cabins were in the same category or a slight upgrade if Princess couldn't move them into a  Regal cabin in the same category they had on the Grand.  It will be interesting to see the itinerary for the Grand Princess getting back to the US.

I still do not understand why they cancelled the Transpacific for April 9th.

The Regal is still scheduled for March 27 for a New Zealand itinerary and

after that appears again on April 30 in Southampton. Such a bummer.

We are booked on the last leg of that cruise - Rome to South Hampton.The notice put out from Princess said it was deploying the Grand for cruises to Mexico etc for the summer.   Seems like a huge waste to bring it back and forth.....so confusing.  And what's even stranger is the notice Princess posted on Jul 8, 2020 is gone from their web page.  I have a copy of it (text only), but it's no where on the website.  Keep waiting for this cruise to be changed or cancelled also.

Well looking at the schedules the Grand arrives is Southampton on the 30th April and never sails out again, the Regal isn’t in Europe and then leaves on the 30th April. So logic will tell you the schedules have changed

9 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I am also booked on that sailing, and the ship has not been changed. My understanding is the change will occur shortly after that sailing.

I think you will find it’s being changed to the Regal

38 minutes ago, antsp said:

I think you will find it’s being changed to the Regal

My understanding is that the Regal will end in Sydney on April 9, and then will make it's way to Europe with a To Be Announced itinerary, and then sail from Southampton on April 30; and that the Grand will end in Southampton on April 30, and then make it's way back towards the U.S. on a To Be Announced itinerary. 

Either ship is fine by us though, so not a consideration.

29 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

My understanding is that the Regal will end in Sydney on April 9, and then will make it's way to Europe with a To Be Announced itinerary, and then sail from Southampton on April 30; and that the Grand will end in Southampton on April 30, and then make it's way back towards the U.S. on a To Be Announced itinerary. 

Either ship is fine by us though, so not a consideration.

It’s only a guess but that’s an odd route for the Grand to get from Singapore to Los Angeles 

Just been checking and it will take Regal 21 days to sail non stop from Sydney to Southampton at 23 knots (its top speed). If it finishes in Sydney on 7 April it can just make Southampton on 30 April but will not be a cruise in a traditional sense as there would be no stops. Not sure if it would need to re-fuel and re-stock en route as that would increase the time taken. 

Sorry previous post should have said 9 April. Seems to me something has to give with the scheduling.  If Regal replaces Grand on the run from Singapore - that 38 day trip starts on 23 March. No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

27 minutes ago, racj846 said:

The Grand's summer 2021 schedule is to be released on August 19th according to Princess.

It's very interesting that Princess released (January - April) 2022 voyages for the Grand back on July 7, 2020.  I booked a back to back out of San Pedro.

And yet, there still isn't information for 2021.

2 hours ago, antsp said:

Grand now listing to seperate sailings on the same date

No sure what you are getting at.  Our 4 b2b are still listed separately from Singapore to London (12 Mar - 20 Apr ).  Did  Princess come up with some new port combinations to make up new cruise segments.

17 minutes ago, antsp said:

If you goto the Princess website is lists the Grand sailing two different cruises on March 23 2021.

When I log into Princess right now, I can only see the original 3 segments that leave on 23 Mar 2021.  The 12 day Singapore to Dubai, the 28 day Singapore to Rome and the 38 day Singapore to London.  We have people on those roll calls back in Aug 2019.  

Supposedly, the new itinerary for the Grand out of London back to California will come out tomorrow.