'Majesty of the Seas' for Sale?

3 hours ago, London-Calling said:

Looks like 'Majesty' is for sale.

See: https://wp.me/pfRKD-8Ab

I’d bet money that for the right offer any ship Radiance class and below would be for sale. 

that site puts ships up on speculation hoping to attract a buyer and then approach Royal to see if they can broker a deal.  Royal does not list ships there directly. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Captain (can't remember which one or which ship) stated matter of factly at a Captain's Corner that everything is for sale.  As in, everything has a price.  People keep posting these old "sale" ads for ships thinking they are being listed by Royal.  Pretty sure when Royal wants to sell a ship, it's done as a pocket listing, in that they float the idea around to see what interest there is in a specific ship.  Brokers would love to make the commission off the sale of a cruise ship so they post these non-named ship ads as Ourusualbeach said with the hope of making a big deal.

• Like 1

Yes all the rich Princes and Princesses looking to acquire a mega yacht conversion from a cruise ship start their search on the internet.  As does any business person looking to expand their cruise line, or start a new cruise line.  "Let's google it..."

These savvy business people looking to spend from tens to hundreds of millions always start with an internet search.  "Oh look!  Radiance is for sale!...".

It's a shame the big three cruise line don't use eBay or Amazon to list their ships but the seller fees would be huge even though it would be fun to watch.  Heck I might submit a fake bid to nudge the price up, but then again I might end up with a ship so that's probably not a great idea.

But it's on the internet so it must be true.  

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Strong rumour she has been sold for scrapping

Majesty and Empress sold for scrapping seems to be a done deal and likely closed by RCL management months ago. Quite a coincidence that Empress and Majesty were chosen to be used to transport crew to Europe of which there would have been capacity on other ships of the fleet that headed over.

Looks like RCL management decided to choose a salami tactic strategy. Hence first came the scrapin of 3 ships from the Pullman fleet. As hinted in the Q2 results further ways are looked at to reduce costs, so soon an anouncement will follow, that they cam to the conlusion to scrap Majesty and Empress.

• Thanks 1

I like how they always have a stock number as though buying a cruise ship is like picking up a set of brake rotors at the parts store.  "Yes, I'm interested in buying S2149."  "I'm sorry but we just sold the last one."

2 hours ago, Anton said:

I like how they always have a stock number as though buying a cruise ship is like picking up a set of brake rotors at the parts store.  "Yes, I'm interested in buying S2149."  "I'm sorry but we just sold the last one."

It could be like ordering a Chinese: I'll have a S2149, a S2436 and a portion of S3345!😀

• Like 1