FCCs from Cancelled Cruise

ihopfar

Sorry if this has been covered before...

I have FCCs from a cancelled cruise.   One for the amount of our deposit, and the other a bonus for not requesting a cash refund.

My understanding is that I can still request a cash refund of the first one if I don't use it within a year --- even though it is good for about 21 months.   The bonus one has no cash value.

But, what if I use the FCCs to book a cruise that I then cancel within the next year -- do I still have the option of cashing the first one out?

If I cancel the cruise, but rebook another one to sail within the expiration of the FCCs, will I be able to apply both of them in full to the new booking?

Bottom line -- is there an advantage to waiting to use it if I may change my plans?

Thanks!

Brad

What I read was the refundable FCC can be requested only if it has not been used for 12 months, so with this wording it implies if you use it, and then cancel or Princess cancels newly booked cruise with said FCC it is returned as nonrefunable FCC otherwise there would be no reason to state it has to be unused for 12 months.

you might get another answer by calling, but get  it in writing

Also currently Princess allows you to stack and use multiple FCC's to cover the cruisefare so yes you would be able to used both as long as the amount of FCC's is not more than cruisefare not including Govt taxes and fees. Residual FCC if any is returned to your captain circle account 

Waiting for clarification but my bonus FCCs were the result of a refund for the FCDs we had used to book a couple of cruises so I think I have lost the OBC that comes with using FCD and only get the amount to be used to purchase next cruise? I  have heard that going to customer support might help-As I said, time will tell.

30 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Waiting for clarification but my bonus FCCs were the result of a refund for the FCDs we had used to book a couple of cruises so I think I have lost the OBC that comes with using FCD and only get the amount to be used to purchase next cruise? I  have heard that going to customer support might help-As I said, time will tell.

Yes, email to customer relations requesting  'lost' OBC from using a FCD that Princess then cancelled your cruise. I know Goodwill credit for the OBC has been granted in the past, but policies change. Some are happy with just the bonus FCC

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

Some are happy with just the bonus FCC

The FCC bonus amount from the FCD is $100.

Unless you would have used the FCD on a cruise that is 17 or more days long, the bonus $100 is equal to or greater than the OBC you could have received.

However, not being able to use it as an FCD means you cannot use it to be the entire deposit for the cruise.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The best situation is to have multiple FCD's on account

Princess should run a promotion to allow cruisers to buy FCD's for a limited time period, say a week or so ...

Could raise some cash ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Princess should run a promotion to allow cruisers to buy FCD's for a limited time period, say a week or so ...

Could raise some cash ...

I agree. We are out of FCD because as we cancelled cruises, they expired and have been returned on our credit card. The rest of my FCD are applied to cruises. I would like the opportunity to buy some so I could use for future bookings in 2022.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wallyj said:

What I read was the refundable FCC can be requested only if it has not been used for 12 months, so with this wording it implies if you use it, and then cancel or Princess cancels newly booked cruise with said FCC it is returned as nonrefunable FCC otherwise there would be no reason to state it has to be unused for 12 months.

you might get another answer by calling, but get  it in writing

Thanks... I guess I will have to call, but I read in another thread the phone lines are down this weekend.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Brad

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The best situation is to have multiple FCD's on account and then you have spare for a new deposit and can still apply the FCC balance towards the invoice total.

Right!  That's what we are doing.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, ihopfar said:

Bottom line -- is there an advantage to waiting to use it if I may change my plans?

I'm thinking that because the FCC have been issued with different 'rules' depending on whether they are Pre-Pause 1, Pause 1, Pause 2, or Pause 3 that its best to wait until final payment date to apply them. Some can be cashed out (P2 & P3), some can be used as a deposit on a cruise (P3), some have a book by 5/1/22 (Pre-Pause 1 but after February 2020), and some have a sail by 5/1/22 date (Pause 1). There's no continuity. 

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

some have a book by 5/1/22 (Pre-Pause 1 but after February 2020), and some have a sail by 5/1/22 date (Pause 1). There's no continuity. 

Actually, they all have a sail by date of 5/1/22 since that is the date of the last cruise currently scheduled and there is only one cruise on that date..

7 minutes ago, caribill said:

Actually, they all have a sail by date of 5/1/22 since that is the date of the last cruise currently scheduled and there is only one cruise on that date..

No my FCC from the 03/22/20 Grand Princess canceled cruise does have a book by date. I tried to go online to get a screenshot to show here but the website is down. that's a pre-Pause 1 cancelation

Edited by Ombud

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

No my FCC from the 03/22/20 Grand Princess canceled cruise does have a book by date. I tried to go online to get a screenshot to show here but the website is down. that's a pre-Pause 1 cancelation

Actually the ones I have say either "Sail By 05/01/22" or "Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22."

I do not have any that only say "Book By 05/01/22".

That's my point! They're all different depending on which category they fall into: Pre-Pause 1 (Grand, Diamond), Pause 1, 2, 3

Use by VS book by

Whether they can be used for deposit or not

21 minutes ago, caribill said:

Actually the ones I have say either "Sail By 05/01/22" or "Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22."

I do not have any that only say "Book By 05/01/22".

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's my point! They're all different depending on which category they fall into: Pre-Pause 1 (Grand, Diamond), Pause 1, 2, 3

All mine were from the same pause, Pause 3.

I have gotten 537 from Pre-Pause 1 with a notation that I'm still owed 537 (appeal approved), 5500+ from Pause 1, but with Pause 3 I asked for refund. So, yeah. 2 different terms and none of them can be used as a deposit on a cruise. Tried but was told that's a benefit with Pause 3 cancelations.  Not sure if that's true