Where was I?

15 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

It looks like it Lyle, but I’m not sure from this photo.  The old bridge parts seem on wrong side.  Where’s Les?😊

Yall woke me up lol. Def not Batemans Bay Bridge. Got me stumped, undeveloped land on approach.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

This one then. Peat's Ferry Bridge?

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hawkesbury River bridge

Well who wants to have the next go, there are two bridges there, the steal framed bridge is the old Peats Ferry bridge and the concret one is the Hawkesbury River Bridge

This makes my heart sing.  My beloved grandfather was an Engineer in the remake of the original Hawkesbury River bridge.  He loved the area so much that he and my wonderful grandmother retired to Dangar Island for the last years of their life.  They could see the bridge from their waterfront home every day.  Thanks for posting💜

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

This makes my heart sing.  My beloved grandfather was an Engineer in the remake of the original Hawkesbury River bridge.  He loved the area so much that he and my wonderful grandmother retired to Dangar Island for the last years of their life.  They could see the bridge from their waterfront home every day.  Thanks for posting💜

Glad you liked the pic, memories for me to, as a kid we traveled from Sydney to the central coast for weekends a lot, over the old bridge.

43 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Glad you liked the pic, memories for me to, as a kid we traveled from Sydney to the central coast for weekends a lot, over the old bridge.

The soothing noise from the trains rumbling over the bridge lulled us to sleep as kids when we were staying with my grandparents.  The currawongs and kookaburras woke us in the morning, and in summer, the shrill of cicadas during the hot days was deafening.  When they stopped, the mosquitos started.   Sounds of Australia, lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

The soothing noise from the trains rumbling over the bridge lulled us to sleep as kids when we were staying with my grandparents.  The currawongs and kookaburras woke us in the morning, and in summer, the shrill of cicadas during the hot days was deafening.  When they stopped, the mosquitos started.   Sounds of Australia, lol.

Yes very fond memories, just like when driving home from central coast come over the old bridge then turn left in to to car park of the fish and chip shop that used to be there, as a kid always looked forward to that.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Yes, the Peats Ferry bridge I have been over many times over the years. I have often ridden over it on my bikes and sometimes stop, on many Sunday mornings, for an egg and bacon roll just up the road at the Old Road Cafe, formerly the Road Warriors Cafe. Hundreds of bikes and cars gather there on weekends for a run up the Old Pacific Highway.

Now to find a pic.