Where was I?

4 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Correct, your turn

Thanks 😊 I know with the Waihi Gold Mine there is a "display" of one of the mining dump trucks, with wheels the size of a person, yet they look like dinky toys when they're working in the mine itself! 

Will go and check my photos 😊

3 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Is it Bath, England

Yip, it sure is. It's the Pulteney Bridge on the River Avon in Bath. The Georgian bridge was designed in 1769 and completed in 1774. It is one of only 3 bridges in the world lined with shops on both sides - you don't realise you are walking across a bridge because of the shops. The first time I went to Bath in the early 1970s, the weir in the picture wasn't there, that was built in the mid 70s. I checked Google to confirm the history and spotted that it got 4.5 star reviews! Sheesh, don't people appreciate history and what was achieved to a lasting standard way back when 🤷‍♂️ 

Your turn 🙂

18 hours ago, Jean C said:

I checked Google to confirm the history and spotted that it got 4.5 star reviews! Sheesh, don't people appreciate history and what was achieved to a lasting standard way back when 🤷‍♂️ 

Your turn 🙂

Google reviews are out of 5 😁

42 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Google reviews are out of 5 😁

Yes, but why the knock back of 1/2 a star? Modern construction has a "lifespan", they clearly didn't consider that in 1769. Not only is it a bridge but it carries the weight of shops on either side. Wasn't that enough of a wow to give it 5 stars? Each to their own, I guess.

21 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

I have no idea but it looks an old mining site in middle of nowhere - maybe Cooper Pedy??

It is not there or in SA, it is in a mining in a town though.