Where was I?

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Lynn in the Haufbrau House, Munich

Exactly correct, I knew it was easy, with the world famous logo on the stein. I think she had the roasted pork, I had a selection of wurst. Like many others we carved our initials in the solid oak table.

4 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Hofbräuhaus in München 

Mic beat you to the Bierhaus. Lynn had Radler and I had the dark beer they were serving, There was an oompah band and I think a schuhplattler dance group. I was inmpressed many years ago I danced in a schuhplattler group at the local Edelweiss Club. That was long ago and it was cool to watch in Munich. We were there just before Oktoberfest.

So from the inscription it is Tesla. Unfortunately Google won't tell me where that particular monument is. I will continue to search. Full disclosure I have no personal knowledge of this location and if a stumble across the answer first I will post the guess.

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'll have to bid you all good night, sorry to delay the game. I will respond to any guesses in morning Pacific Daylight time (Zulu - 7)

Cheers everyone.

No need to apologise, I would hope no one is expecting participants to be glued to their devices😂

Anyway I will leave this guess of country for later review:

Is it in France? 

49 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I was looking at going there in June, but we had to cancel our trip due to my surgery.

That is unfortunate Mic, were you planning on being there on the 6th? Hopefully you can do it at a different time. The center does a good job of explaining the Canadian effort on D Day and the objectives they reached.

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It would have been later in June, I think it would have been the 18th. Aussies were involved in the landings but mainly with air and sea support.

I knew they would have been, I'm not sure how or why we were assigned to a beach as a country. I know that Canada had been able to make a few demands to fight as a unified force due to our reputation from the "Great War". I had a friend who was in the RCN, but was seconded to the RN and was the radio telegrapher on one of the British Landing Ships on Gold Beach. He had his 20th birthday on the ship waiting for the orders to proceed. It was D-2 days.

• Like 3