FCC and cancelled cruise

Stombat

Hi all,

I've had a look but can't seem to find the answer to this, hopefully the brains trust can help. 😀

I have numerous Future Cruise Credits from cruises that I cancelled from non refundable deposits during covid.  My query is - if I book a new cruise, use the FCC as part payment, pay the entire cruise off and then Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise, do I get the entire funds back as a refund, or will I be re-issued with the FCC amount?

Booking from Australia if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Stombat said:

Hi all,

I've had a look but can't seem to find the answer to this, hopefully the brains trust can help. 😀

I have numerous Future Cruise Credits from cruises that I cancelled from non refundable deposits during covid.  My query is - if I book a new cruise, use the FCC as part payment, pay the entire cruise off and then Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise, do I get the entire funds back as a refund, or will I be re-issued with the FCC amount?

Booking from Australia if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

You can opt for the refund on the new cash you paid.  As you cancelled to get the FCC they will be reissued. 

So to 

On 8/21/2020 at 7:15 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

You can opt for the refund on the new cash you paid.  As you cancelled to get the FCC they will be reissued. 

So to expand on this question - I used a FCC (125%) from an (Empress) Oct. 2020 Canadian cruise that Royal cancelled, as a deposit on an Empress cruise in April 2021. If Royal retires Empress, do they then give me a FCC of 125% of that deposit towards another future cruise? Almost sounds like double dipping that they might not spring for. Curious for an answer. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

So to 

So to expand on this question - I used a FCC (125%) from an (Empress) Oct. 2020 Canadian cruise that Royal cancelled, as a deposit on an Empress cruise in April 2021. If Royal retires Empress, do they then give me a FCC of 125% of that deposit towards another future cruise? Almost sounds like double dipping that they might not spring for. Curious for an answer. Thanks!

You do not get 125% on top of 125%.  You would get the original 125% FCC restored and if you elect for a new FCC they will add to that 125% of the new cash paid so that you only have one FCC.....or you could elect for a refund for everything. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not get 125% on top of 125%.  You would get the original 125% FCC restored and if you elect for a new FCC they will add to that 125% of the new cash paid so that you only have one FCC.....or you could elect for a refund for everything. 

Thank you! Good to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

It is in limbo until the cruise completes.  After that it can be applied to another cruise.

1 hour ago, MRRG said:

Question, what happens if you have excess FCC in paying off a final payment? What happens to the excess?

As Tree_skier stated the excess will be issues upon completion of the cruise.  On an exception basis the excess can be applied to a new cruise if the final payment date for the next cruise will occur prior to the first cruise finishing.  

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As Tree_skier stated the excess will be issues upon completion of the cruise.  On an exception basis the excess can be applied to a new cruise if the final payment date for the next cruise will occur prior to the first cruise finishing.  

On the occasion where they let someone use their excess FCC amounr  to cover part of guest number 2's cost is that only if the second guest does not already have a FCC applied to that cruise?  Asking for a friend😇

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On the occasion where they let someone use their excess FCC amounr  to cover part of guest number 2's cost is that only if the second guest does not already have a FCC applied to that cruise?  Asking for a friend😇

Nope.  As long as the FCC was issued as a result of a cancelled cruise (a 125% FCC) then both guests can apply an FCC and excess from one guest can be used towards the other guest.

• Thanks 1

I am a little confused by all the FCC RCL are issuing.

On my last cruise March 2020 RCL issued me a FCC foe 2 years. What I received was only 1 year.

Booked a cruise for Sept 2020 on board but cancelled prior to final payment. RCL refused to refund my $ 200 deposit but issued a FCC valid till end 2021.

Have two cruises booked for Feb 2021 which intend cancelling prior to final payment Nov 2020. 

So I am going to end up with 4 x FCC which cannot combine and at the rate of 1 cruise a year will last me 4 years. The problem is FCC only valid to end 2021.

My USA TA just gives me the lousy RCL policy. Don't think that RCL are treating loyal customers sympathetically.

Anybody any ideas to resolve

15 minutes ago, FlyingDutchman15 said:

On my last cruise March 2020 RCL issued me a FCC foe 2 years. What I received was only 1 year.

Booked a cruise for Sept 2020 on board but cancelled prior to final payment. RCL refused to refund my $ 200 deposit but issued a FCC valid till end 2021.

Have two cruises booked for Feb 2021 which intend cancelling prior to final payment Nov 2020. 

So I am going to end up with 4 x FCC which cannot combine and at the rate of 1 cruise a year will last me 4 years. The problem is FCC only valid to end 2021.

My USA TA just gives me the lousy RCL policy. Don't think that RCL are treating loyal customers sympathetically.

If Royal cancelled your March cruise you can opt for a refund.  I think you have until the end of the year assuming you have not applied that FCC to a sailing

8 hours ago, FlyingDutchman15 said:

The only way to not get an FCC is to go ahead and make final payment and then hope Royal cancels the cruise so that you can get a refund. 

If I have 2 FCCs from 2 separate cruises I cancelled, can I book a B2B 3/4 day cruise and use one FCC on each leg?  I don’t have time to fit in 2 longer cruises before the FCCs expire the end of 2021.  
Thanks

17 minutes ago, ATG said:

If I have 2 FCCs from 2 separate cruises I cancelled, can I book a B2B 3/4 day cruise and use one FCC on each leg?  I don’t have time to fit in 2 longer cruises before the FCCs expire the end of 2021.  
Thanks

Yes

I recently had occasion to contact the Crown & Anchor department and today received an email response to several of my issues, one of which was about the accumulation of many FCC's for canceled cruises and the need to apply them to separate sailings. The context of my question was as a single/solo traveler, all my FCC's are in my name, so this has nothing to do with any sharing or combined use of FCC's issued to different passengers.

Their statement, verbatim is:

Regarding your Future Cruise Certificates, each one we have issued to you is in our records under the original booking number it was issued under. We are allowing people to “stack” their certificates for their sailings that were cancelled. You do not have to use them on separate sailings. I know it can be confusing when there are many issued like in your case, but we have record of all of them and you can stack them together.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I recently had occasion to contact the Crown & Anchor department and today received an email response to several of my issues, one of which was about the accumulation of many FCC's for canceled cruises and the need to apply them to separate sailings. The context of my question was as a single/solo traveler, all my FCC's are in my name, so this has nothing to do with any sharing or combined use of FCC's issued to different passengers.

Regarding your Future Cruise Certificates, each one we have issued to you is in our records under the original booking number it was issued under. We are allowing people to “stack” their certificates for their sailings that were cancelled. You do not have to use them on separate sailings. I know it can be confusing when there are many issued like in your case, but we have record of all of them and you can stack them together.

That goes against everything that I have been told and what their FAQ’s currently state.

312EB45C-87D5-4495-AFDE-48B30EF4476A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That goes against everything that I have been told and what their FAQ’s currently state.

312EB45C-87D5-4495-AFDE-48B30EF4476A.jpeg

I'll take a statement in a personally written email from the Crown & Anchor department that was also addressing other concerns (and hence not a cut & paste response) over all the different statements, rumors, notes and what-not that's regularly issued confusing, misleading and conflicting information. I know it conflicts with the FAQ, but so much written has or does, and we all know that quite often information somewhere is simply out of date. And it could certainly also simply represent a progression of change in the policy as more cancelations have occurred, leaving the potential number of replacement sailings to book an ever-diminishing pool at the moment.

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I'll take a statement in a personally written email from the Crown & Anchor department that was also addressing other concerns (and hence not a cut & paste response) over all the different statements, rumors, notes and what-not that's regularly issued confusing, misleading and conflicting information. I know it conflicts with the FAQ, but so much written has or does, and we all know that quite often information somewhere is simply out of date. And it could certainly also simply represent a progression of change in the policy as more cancelations have occurred, leaving the potential number of replacement sailings to book an ever-diminishing pool at the moment.

That statement may work for you but it was written by an individual who may not have their facts correct. (I know...shocking) but until it is in writing on their FAQ’s I would certainly not count on it for anyone else.  BTW, the FAQ’s I quoted were updated August 37th.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:32 PM, FlyingDutchman15 said:

Had a positive response from RCL web cruise comments. Since I still had the onboard letter from Rhapsody stating my FCC will be valid for  2 years. RCL kindly agreed to honour that commitment and extended validity till 2022. Hopefully by then things will be clearer. Now for some positive reaction from my USA TA

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 6:56 PM, dswallow said:

I can now confirm that Royal Caribbean has applied two FCCs to my 12/7/2020 reservation. Both in my name, as a single passenger booked in a double occupancy room. I first got an automated denial on the second FCC submitting it online, but I emailed back the Crown and Anchor desk and they applied the second FCC and confirmed it in an email I finally received today.

Of course nothing goes unpunished. 🙂 Final payment came in the middle of this and I simply paid the total due. Now they owe me a refund for the amount of the second FCC that is now applied, or will apply it to my 1/4/2021 reservation, either way, so it's not totally resolved yet. But I thought it worth mentioning that they do indeed allow stacking of FCCs for an individual... I would suspect the total amount still has to not exceed the amount attributed to the cruise fare for the named individual.