Switching dates with a non refundable

5 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Can you switch dates (either earlier or later) when you have a non refundable deposit? Cruise it the same just a different date.

Yes under cruise with confidence, you can move any cruise up until 48 hours before. Not price protected. 

We movedCanada/ Endgland Cruise from September 2020 to a Caribbean Cruise in March 2022. Couldn't do the Lift and Shift to another Canada/New England cruise in 2021 because we already have an Western Mediterranean in September of 2021 booked on RCCL.

Actually also have an Alaska Cruise booked for September 2021 on Princess....one of them we won't take in September 2021 depending on current conditions of Covid  at that time...........

Reason Booking the Caribbean cruise even though we really don't want to sail that cruise is because we couldn't do the Canada/New  England cruise which we really want in September of 2022.....but itineraies were not out yet, so we booked Rhasopdy of the Seas  March 2022 , gambling it will be sold by that time so we will get another free move, to the Canada/New England cruise which we really want to do in Setember of 2022.

So far chances look good if current condtions don't change

Edited by Jimbo

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes under cruise with confidence, you can move any cruise up until 48 hours before. Not price protected. 

Not quite.  Under the current CWC you can move dates until Sept 30th.  You can cancel and get a FCC up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing.  

• Like 3

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Not quite.  Under the current CWC you can move dates until Sept 30th.  You can cancel and get a FCC up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing.  

Well ends up similar right? Right now can move date until sept 30, if doesnt get extended again, or cancel, get fcc, use fcc to rebook. 

But you said it better, more specifically. The switch with just switching right now has a deadline of sept 30. But if price or deposit different, might have to pay more. Like I switched from 5 day to 7 day so owed more deposit to make switch. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Well ends up similar right? Right now can move date until sept 30, if doesnt get extended again, or cancel, get fcc, use fcc to rebook. 

But you said it better, more specifically. The switch with just switching right now has a deadline of sept 30. But if price or deposit different, might have to pay more. Like I switched from 5 day to 7 day so owed more deposit to make switch. 

It’s similar but the big difference is that you have to wait to get a a FCC which can complicate things as opposed to just moving a deposit

2 hours ago, brenderlou said:

Can you switch dates (either earlier or later) when you have a non refundable deposit? Cruise it the same just a different date.

yes, right now, with the Cruise with Confidence, you can change to whatever you want, but can only do it through Sept 30th right now.

Edited by karena1

We moved a November 13th Anthem cruise to April 11, 2021.  The first RCI rep said we couldn't and would lose our deposit if we didn't pay the full price by August 13th.  My husband hung up and called again.  The next rep said we could and had no transferring our deposit and prepaid tips and gratuities to the April cruise.  My advice: if you don't like the results from one rep, hang up and try again.  You never know what you may get.

yes, right now, with the Cruise with Confidence, you can change to whatever you want, but can only do it through Sept 30th right now.

Wrong. Just called and if we moved from Xmas to Thanksgiving it would cost $100 per person. Have to move to the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

48 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Wrong. Just called and if we moved from Xmas to Thanksgiving it would cost $100 per person. Have to move to the future.

Shouldn't cost $100 fee, but prices and taxes and fees arent protected if you move to another date with cwc.

Call again, shouldn't be a fee. 

Shift and lift is price protected, but not cwc shifts. 

Shouldn't cost $100 fee, but prices and taxes and fees arent protected if you move to another date with cwc.

Call again, shouldn't be a fee. 

Shift and lift is price protected, but not cwc shifts. 

Called again and was able to do it with just the cost difference!!!!!! Different person, different result!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brenderlou said:

That is not what I meant.  I meant the CWC program to lift and shift is only good through 9/30 right now.  You can move cruises all the way through 4/22.  But the program to do that, only goes through 9/30 as of right now.  Sorry if I was not more clear.  

4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I thought if you purchases the cruise before March, you were not protected and would have to pay the $100 change fee to move a still scheduled cruise non-refundable deposit.

Any cruise booked prior to Sept 30 is eligible for the following 2 benefits under CWC.  

1. price drops up to 48 hours prior to the day of departure

2. the ability to cancel and receive a 100% FCC up to 48 hours prior to the date of departure.

The above applies to all sailings booked by Sept 30, 2020 and departing before April 30 2022

Also under the CWC Prior to Oct 1 2020 you may,

- move your cruise to a new date with no change fees

- lift and shift price protected 1 year +/- 4 weeks in the future, same itinerary type, length and cabin category

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any cruise booked prior to Sept 30 is eligible for the following 2 benefits under CWC.  

1. price drops up to 48 hours prior to the day of departure

2. the ability to cancel and receive a 100% FCC up to 48 hours prior to the date of departure.

The above applies to all sailings booked by Sept 30, 2020 and departing before April 30 2022

Also under the CWC Prior to Oct 1 2020 you may,

- move your cruise to a new date with no change fees

- lift and shift price protected 1 year +/- 4 weeks in the future, same itinerary type, length and cabin category

I’ll have to talk to our TA.  We booked a dec 2021 cruise on board in January.  Decided to move it to an April 2022 cruise.  Was charged the $100 pp fee

Just now, Seville2Cabo said:

I’ll have to talk to our TA.  We booked a dec 2021 cruise on board in January.  Decided to move it to an April 2022 cruise.  Was charged the $100 pp fee

Talk to your TA.  You should have not been charged....,at least by Royal.  Perhaps your TA has their own fees.

I've moved many reservations for clients with NRD deposits and there has not been a charge.