Sunset veranda vs. Concierge

stpointer

Why not do both?  This past March (one of Celebrity’s last cruises) we had a SV booked but then noticed the Aft Concierge cabins were just a few dollars more and upgraded.  Getting the Captains Club one category upgrade made it happen.

That aside, I’d take a Sunset Verandah over Concierge any day.  The Concierge perks are OK but not better than having the right cabin. To me, the aft view cannot be beat.

• Like 2

I would go with the SV!  We have sailed in concierge class, if the cost is comparable.  Personally on an S-class ships, I would not pay any extra for concierge.  On M-class, the concierge staterooms are larger than a standard balcony which is a true benefit.

As for the value of concierge class perks, that will be subjective but I don't find them worth much extra.  The lunch on embarkation day is a nice,quiet start but since more of the ships now allow you to access your stateroom to leave carry-ons not as big a deal.  The sparkling wine is not very good.  We usually ask for cheese and crackers rather than the afternoon canapés, but it is certainly easy enough to pick up cheese, fruit and crackers in the Oceanview Cafe or call room service.

if you are nearing the next tier in Captain's Club, the added points for concierge class help you move up more quickly.

Now re: SV . . . we had an aft cabin on a TA on Solstice (inaugural year which we booked well before she ever sailed so no reviews).  Initial reviews reporting soot on the balcony had me concerned; we had no issue with that whatsoever.  Loved that amazing wake view for morning coffee and evening wine.  Yes, it is a long walk from the elevators / stairs since the S-class doesn't have a rear bank of elevators . . . I just viewed it as a little extra exercise.

We didn’t like the sunset view corner aft suite cabins. Much to sunny most of the day to sit and enjoy. Also the balcony got a lot of soot every day.  We will never do again.  Will stick too mid ship suites and cabins with cabins above and below

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Why not do both?  This past March (one of Celebrity’s last cruises) we had a SV booked but then noticed the Aft Concierge cabins were just a few dollars more and upgraded.  Getting the Captains Club one category upgrade made it happen.

That aside, I’d take a Sunset Verandah over Concierge any day.  The Concierge perks are OK but not better than having the right cabin. To me, the aft view cannot be beat.

My thoughts exactly. On our last Celebrity cruise, the difference between the SV and stern Concierge cabins was so small that we jumped on 1674 on the Eclipse. That would be 1676 on the Silhouette I believe. But if you are comparing an SV to a port or starboard concierge cabin, grab the SV; the Concierge perks just aren't worth the extra money.

I would book the SV always.  Agree that the concierge perks are not really worth it, though I did enjoy the quiet embarkation luncheon.  Love sitting on the aft balcony and looking at the wake - perfect, for me

Totally agree with Cruise a holiday. We did a sunset veranda last November on Silhouette. Although the views were great the balcony was virtually useless. The soot was horrible. Was on the furniture so you had to watch where you sat. Was out one afternoon just before dinner wearing a white shirt of course I look down and thought oh a bug. Tried to flick it off and it was soot. So had to change shirts. Celebrity was good and dry cleaned the shirt. The room attendant had to clean balcony every day to get rid of soot. We appreciated that. But no SV for us anymore. As far as a concierge room. If the price is the same as a regular balcony I’d do it. But only for the extra points. Everything else doesn’t mean much to us. Hope this helps some.

• Like 1

We received a Concierge SV on Eclipse when I did the Move-up.  No problems with Soot on Deck 9.  Loved the SV. 

Sailing first time on Edge in 2022 and opted for SV rather than Infinite Veranda.  Only reason I chose the Edge is that is has partial transit of the Panama Canal.

We booked a veranda guarantee on the Celebrity Eclipse in 2018 and we were delighted when we came to know that we got allocated a sunset Veranda room! The room was absolutely brilliant, no problems with soot. We now know why they usually cost a lot more. I’d chose a SV cabin anyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk