Fish and Chips still on the Freedom

campperson

Fish and Chips was only on Conquest class (Sur Mer on Conquest itself) and was replaced with Bubba Q (sic). Both are/were complimentary.

Seafood Shack was introduced on a different class and has been an extra charge since day one. They offer a lot more than fish and chips.

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Fish and Chips was only on Conquest class (Sur Mer on Conquest itself) and was replaced with Bubba Q (sic). Both are/were complimentary.

Seafood Shack was introduced on a different class and has been an extra charge since day one. They offer a lot more than fish and chips.

I stand corrected.  I sometimes get sailings on Conquest class and Dream class ships mingled together in my mind.

I always went to the fish and chips place on embarkation day. It was never busy.  I believe this was on Conquest class ships. Do they serve the fried fish and chips at the Seafood Shack?  Being allergic to shell fish, I never really paid attention to their menu.

I actually love the bbq that replaced fish and chips. My fish was never that crisp. Pulled pork is good, beef ok, and I thought all the sides are good. 

I prefer it to the fish and chips it replaced on conquest class. 

Vista the bbq is outside deck 5, in the hot sun, which didnt do anything for cole slaw and potato salad. They did the potato salad with baked potatoes which I liked. 

9 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I'll definitely be checking this out on the Breeze in February,  I hope 🤞

Us, too!  We're supposed to sail on the Vista February 27th.  Best wishes to you for a happy sailing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I always went to the fish and chips place on embarkation day. It was never busy.  I believe this was on Conquest class ships. Do they serve the fried fish and chips at the Seafood Shack?  Being allergic to shell fish, I never really paid attention to their menu.

Here is the menu.....

i-8V5k2Ss-XL.jpg

1 hour ago, Amadawn1 said:

Us, too!  We're supposed to sail on the Vista February 27th.  Best wishes to you for a happy sailing!

I’m on that one as well 🤞. And I’m bringing CC with me. Replaced my canceled Breeze cruise that became a Radiance people on the Breeze cruise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m on that one as well 🤞. And I’m bringing CC with me. Replaced my canceled Breeze cruise that became a Radiance people on the Breeze cruise.

I replaced my canceled April 2020 Freedom with the Vista Feb 2021 = +600 OBC.  Who knew we would still be wondering if we would be sailing almost a year later.  Alchemy time.  Let's go!  LOTS of finger crossing here.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Thanks, Jamman. The fish and chips are the only thing on the menu that's not shellfish. 

They will usually have fresh fish they can prepare any way you like, and even have it served to you in the MDR, I believe.

"In addition, passengers can order fresh fish purchased in ports on each itinerary and either eat it immediately or have it sent to any restaurant onboard at a later time (during regular dining hours), prepared in any way they choose."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2815

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They will usually have fresh fish they can prepare any way you like, and even have it served to you in the MDR, I believe.

"In addition, passengers can order fresh fish purchased in ports on each itinerary and either eat it immediately or have it sent to any restaurant onboard at a later time (during regular dining hours), prepared in any way they choose."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2815

I didn't think you were allowed to bring food back on board the ship.

They had good fried fish on the buffet for lunch and someone next to me bought fish and chips from sea shack pay set up. I said this fish on the buffet pretty good and she tried it and said was as good as what she paid for lol. 

I know fried fish not on the buffet every day, but was good that day.