penthouse vs Oceania suite

Hawaiidan

After being locked up for this year...  I was looking at 2021 as a special year... Is a Oceania suite worth it over a PH  on Marina..  Do you get that much more service .  I know its double the size..   Are the  whirlpool s use-able?   Do the have steps and or grab rails to help in and out?       Looking at  Amsterdam to Venice 26 day  and advice..

35 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

After being locked up for this year...  I was looking at 2021 as a special year... Is a Oceania suite worth it over a PH  on Marina..  Do you get that much more service .  I know its double the size..   Are the  whirlpool s use-able?   Do the have steps and or grab rails to help in and out?       Looking at  Amsterdam to Venice 26 day  and advice..

Re the tub. It's more a jacuzzi type that you fill up when you want to use it. The 6 bottle bar set up is nice. Depends on how you like Butler service, but you get that in the PH. TV only in media room which is small or the bedroom. Walk in closet and Master bath is great. It has a bidet, you might like that. I think you get more Specialty reservations but I'd have to look it up to be sure. You also get access to your room earlier. It's also convenient to pool deck, Waves and the Terrace. There is no comparison on the size of the dining table. It easily seats 4 and is normal table height. Second bathroom is nice to have. I thought the bedroom is a tad on the small size. The King bed almost dwarfs it. The balcony is not very deep but it is long. I think some mention the ones on 11 at the aft of the ship have deeper balconies, but I'd have to double check that. 

We prefer the OCs.  There is more room in general, and we happen to love the aft OCs.  We have NOT been in a Deck 12 OC although I was invited to a cocktail party in one once upon a time.  I found the suite lovely (of course) but preferred the aft suites because of the much larger veranda.  Not everyone agrees with me, which is fine, since I'm always happy to have less competition for the suite I want ... So the different with the aft suites is a larger veranda but the second bathroom is smaller.

I don't have much use for the media room other than to store extra luggage, purchases, etc.  I would prefer a TV in the living room but they aren't going to change for me!

The PH on the O ships is comfortable but I dislike the dining arrangement there.  You do have a spacious walk-in closet.  Since the O ships came on the scene we've only been in one PH.  Our other cruises were in VS or OC.  I wouldn't refuse a PH, however, for the cruise of my dreams.  I don't think I'd go back to the lower level cabins these days -- I like the extra space and do love the liquor set-up when we qualify.  So I don't sound like a total snob, when we downsized to a B1 on an "R" ship a few year ago, after having objected to the bathroom in particular for many years, we were quite comfortable.

If the difference in price seriously impacts you, I'd stay with a lower price.  If you are comfortable splurging, even if only once, then go for the higher suite.  This does have its drawbacks ... On our first Marina cruise, we'd accepted a transfer from an "R" ship Alaska cruise in a PH to a Marina Med cruise in a VS.  The price for the VS was the same as our original PH, and they threw in another $250 in  cruise credits.  And we'd already had $1200 for booking the Alaska cruise.

We found it impossible to go back ...

9 hours ago, clo said:

So does it have a heater or the longer you're there the more it loses heat?

Just the heat of the water if I remember right. Maybe someone else with experience can chime in. 

14 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Oceania Suite is a SUITE, meaning several rooms.
NO comparison for luxury and service. Go for it.👍

On 8/24/2020 at 3:38 PM, ORV said:

Re the tub. It's more a jacuzzi type that you fill up when you want to use it. The 6 bottle bar set up is nice. Depends on how you like Butler service, but you get that in the PH. TV only in media room which is small or the bedroom. Walk in closet and Master bath is great. It has a bidet, you might like that. I think you get more Specialty reservations but I'd have to look it up to be sure. You also get access to your room earlier. It's also convenient to pool deck, Waves and the Terrace. There is no comparison on the size of the dining table. It easily seats 4 and is normal table height. Second bathroom is nice to have. I thought the bedroom is a tad on the small size. The King bed almost dwarfs it. The balcony is not very deep but it is long. I think some mention the ones on 11 at the aft of the ship have deeper balconies, but I'd have to double check that. 

ORV...... my wife has access problems with getting into high tubs.... is there a step or grab rail for the inside and outside?   Or do you have to just "climb" over the raised lip ?    

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

ORV...... my wife has access problems with getting into high tubs.... is there a step or grab rail for the inside and outside?   Or do you have to just "climb" over the raised lip ?    

Dan, someone posted a picture above of the aft tub on 11 and it shows a bar. Here is one of a suite on 12, along with a shot of the balcony. Also one of the inside tub showing the bars. 

europe 13 1116.JPG

europe 13 1132.JPG

europe 13 1137.JPG

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Thanks Orv......  I owe you a  Uranus  box of fudge..(. from up the road.....)    You gotta love that place

Oh yeah, I stopped there on my last trip to St Louis. There's a million jokes there. 

13 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

If you haven't done so already, check out the videos for the suite you are considering.  They will give you a visual idea of what the whirlpools are like.

Thanks....I have  but no info on  access , visual or written as to ease of access into the deck whirlpool... It has a grab rail but I wonder how high the lip is from the deck......  That is what must one step or get over.

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Oh yeah, I stopped there on my last trip to St Louis. There's a million jokes there. 

Driving from Springfield I  about  drove off the road when I saw the "sign"......some years back... Its an original and when you hear the story of why it was crested  it gets even better.

8 minutes ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

I just went to the fudge website and had several great laughs! Thanks!

Its a one of kind.....where  twisted humor reins  supreme    The story behind it was that the owner wanted to put in a strip bar and the county and city said no...  but he could have  a shop and snack stand.    Having lost out on his original idea he came up with the Uranus name and  its perverse theme..... to get back at them.. wit something treading the line between offensive and obscene......     A monument to bad taste and dirty jokes... that makes   $$$$$$ than his bar idea. and is in the face of those who denied him as fare more perverse.