The Daily for Friday Aug 28, 2020

richwmn

today is Stuffed Green Bell Peppers Day, National Bow Tie Day, and Red Wine Day 

Chicken Little only has to be right once.

Meal suggestion for today - Spicy Lemon Chicken Kabobs

Wine of the day - Innocent Bystander Pinot Noir Yarra Valley vintage 2016

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/10
Zuiderdam is still listed as being at Port Klang but is sailing with Noordam

At Sea Pacific
Oosterdam has left Punta Arenas and is headed South. Destination as yet unknown

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Rotterdam
Zaandam

0828World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone, happy Friday

Maasdam has dropped off the map as of today, I expect Veendam to drop off shortly.

I will continue to list their positions as long as the name responds in MT.

Rich

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Rich.  I'll pass on 2 of the days but love Bow Ties.  So true about Chicken Little.

A very hectic couple of days as I have a major financial report that needs to be in by Monday.

Today’s care list:

Fatcat's, her DM and  MIL

Mrs Vmax

Mrs Sailingdutchy (Martha)and Mr. Victoriann (Pat) dealing with back issues although improving

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Teachers, Students and school helpers

Dr. Fauci for continued recovery

People affected by Laura

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Sharon's in-laws

Front line health workers

Pat going off his opioids

Parents and grandparents helping kids with school work

And luggage delivery to Miami

Sorry if I've missed anyone

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. I made coconut chicken with quinoa last night, so maybe fish something tonight. 

Thank you Roy for the care, prayer and celebration list. Thankful Laura wasn't as bad as NWS predicted, but it's still a horrible mess. 

Hi sisters Ann and Denise! Happy Friday! Ann I have a cartoon below for you.. I think we may venture out this morning for a little ride and lunch. It is due to be 103 today so want to get back early and stay cool.

So something got into the feeders again. I placed the feeders on our patio back door, but they were raided. Our neighbor put a deer cam on our fence to see what the critter is. He caught a nice sized buck on his cam the other night, but thinks it was maybe a raccoon that played havoc on our porch. Hopefully we will see this morning!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe. Wear your mask. Wear your Friday red til all our troops come home. Love ya'll!

72 Jokes About Italians That Will Make You Laugh Out Loud | Bored Panda

@cat shepard This is for you sis:

Funny Wine | new funny pictures beach shark new funny picture red wine |  Rode wijn, Wijn meme, Wijn grapjes

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Thank you, Roy, for taking good care of us.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Denise, hope you and David enjoyed your trip to Malibu. Joy, you were quiet yesterday, hope you & Allen were doing something fun!

Heading to a friend’s tonight for wine, cheese & by special request - tomato pie. I am sure red wine will be available.🍷

Prayers to all who need our support. 
🥂 to all those celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

This Australian Pinot Noir is well rated, and if you can find it - reasonably priced $20.99. Glad the wine du jour is a red wine on Red Wine Day.

#54 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

This new vintage release is already tasting beautifully. Very approachable, Innocent Bystander's Pinot Noir is made for those who like their Pinot long, savory and lean with abundance of fruit.

WS90
Wine Spectator
Plush and elegant, with raspberry, cherry and fresh sage notes that are harmonious, juicy and intense on the finish. Drink now through 2027.
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Good morning everyone, happy Friday

Maasdam has dropped off the map as of today, I expect Veendam to drop off shortly.

I will continue to list their positions as long as the name responds in MT.

Rich

Thank you, Rich! Perhaps we need to have a farewell toast to the four ships.

• Like 8

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the daily-ites.

Love, love Stuffed Green Peppers.  Had a fellow teacher who made the best I've ever had.  Haven't had any since I retired and moved to Florida.  Think of Roy when I see National Bow Tie Day.  Do not care for Red Wine.

The quote is so true.

Will pass on the menu, do not care for anything spicy.

Sailor, enjoy your day out.  Try to stay cool.  It's going to be another hot one here.

Everyone stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I have a cartoon below for you.. I think we may venture out this morning for a little ride and lunch. It is due to be 103 today so want to get back early and stay cool.

Our neighbor put a deer cam on our fence to see what the critter is. He caught a nice sized buck on his cam the other night, but thinks it was maybe a raccoon that played havoc on our porch. Hopefully we will see this morning!

@cat shepard This is for you sis:

Funny Wine | new funny pictures beach shark new funny picture red wine |  Rode wijn, Wijn meme, Wijn grapjes

Thank you, Joy! Boy, do I hate “timid noses”. 

Be safe today. 103 is a serious number. Stop trying to compete with our Arizona Dailyites.  

Can’t wait to find out what was helping itself to your feeders.  Clearly it thought you & Allen had opened a new “To Go” food service in the neighborhood.

Love you!❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Today's sunrise is from the same trip as the photo from my cousin's farm.  The train from Montreal arrives in New York too late to effectively allow a reliable connection to Baltimore and rather than spend the night in New York I got off a couple hours earlier in Poughkeepsie.  This sunrise is from Poughkeepsie:

dawn0428.jpg

Roy

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Can’t wait to find out what was helping itself to your feeders.  Clearly it thought you & Allen had opened a new “To Go” food service in the neighborhood.

Love you!❤️

I took the feeders out just before day break and I could see cardinals already waiting for me (their food) on the fence.

• Like 4

Good morning and thanks for the update.

I am not a fan of stuffed peppers, but the chicken sounds good. 
Supposed to get thunderstorms again tonight and rain tomorrow. 
Roy, I know you support fire companies and their service to the community.  I came across a news article and then Facebook post about Bird in Hand Pa fc.

They responded to a motor vehicle accident on Monday morning to discover it was one of their own. 
It was the son of their chief . Jason has a long road to recovery and prayers are needed for him and his family. The fc is doing a T-shirt fundraiser and there is a Gofund me page also.

Prayers and blessings to all. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning to all! Thank you Rich and Roy for the continued joy that is The Daily. I’m in TGIF mode today. It’s gearing up to my busy season at work so I’m extremely grateful it’s almost the weekend. 

Have a great day all! 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Roy, I know you support fire companies and their service to the community.  I came across a news article and then Facebook post about Bird in Hand Pa fc.

They responded to a motor vehicle accident on Monday morning to discover it was one of their own. 
It was the son of their chief . Jason has a long road to recovery and prayers are needed for him and his family. The fc is doing a T-shirt fundraiser and there is a Gofund me page also.

Oh, that is such a tragic situation.  It happened with our company many years ago when our then Deputy Chief responded to an accident and it was his wife and children.  The children were ok (although one died much too young in an ATV accident) but his wife died on the way to the hospital.  He said when they last talked her concern was for the children.  Unfortunately, the Deputy Chief never returned to the station.

May the Chief get the crisis support he will need and Jason get excellent care.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday and a wonderful GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

First off Rich I have to agree with my sister 🌺ANN. Let’s do a celebration toast to our 4 HAL ships 🥂 👍👍 Good idea Ann!!

🌺Joy, you and Allen enjoy your day out!

Geez I am complaining of high 80’s here!

I’m a wimp! Hope you find out what critter is playing havoc with your feeders!

🌺Thank you Rich for today’s quote LOL and the menu! Sorry but too hot to bake and I am not a fan of stuffed green bell peppers!

🌺Roy I think of you with bow tie day! Always your pictures on Hal and Crystal in your tuxedo!! 
So ending here I want to show some pics of one of our favorite places that we enjoy going to for great seafood with a view!!

Yesterday was beautiful along the coast!

Love to all!! I really mean it too!!

❤️To my CC family thank you all for allowing us to share our feelings good and not so good here Without judgement! 
ALSO LOL, MY FAT THUMB PROBLEM 

WITH TYPING!! 🙄getting better

Denise🙄

image.thumb.jpeg.849b4ce1bd582eabf37dea095d275196.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.03db668e61cb638ab6b11fe5c4b10bb0.jpeg

• Like 10

If I had only known, we had stuffed peppers two days ago.  Instead of hamburger I used pulled pork.  Very tasty!

I'll pray for the child of the fireman.  I was a counselor (before retirement) and found it very difficult on the men especially when it was one of their own.

• Like 7

Good morning all and thank you Rich for the Daily and Roy for the Care List.  Up early this morning, we have the roof cleaner coming in an hour.  Trying to get as much done as we can before leaving on our road trip in a week!

LOVE stuffed peppers, and I don't always use just green (DH prefers red).  Bow ties made me think of our mutual friend, Rich, and as you know I don't care for red wine but love my whites (semi-dry preferred) 😉  

We're seeing the first "fall fog" this morning, sad to think that summer is almost over.  Still nice days in the upper 70's though 🙂  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Happy Friday and a wonderful GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

First off Rich I have to agree with my sister 🌺ANN. Let’s do a celebration toast to our 4 HAL ships 🥂 👍👍 Good idea Ann!!

🌺Joy, you and Allen enjoy your day out!

Geez I am complaining of high 80’s here!

I’m a wimp! Hope you find out what critter is playing havoc with your feeders!

🌺Thank you Rich for today’s quote LOL and the menu! Sorry but too hot to bake and I am not a fan of stuffed green bell peppers!

🌺Roy I think of you with bow tie day! Always your pictures on Hal and Crystal in your tuxedo!! 
So ending here I want to show some pics of one of our favorite places that we enjoy going to for great seafood with a view!!

Yesterday was beautiful along the coast!

Love to all!! I really mean it too!!

❤️To my CC family thank you all for allowing us to share our feelings good and not so good here Without judgement! 
ALSO LOL, MY FAT THUMB PROBLEM 

WITH TYPING!! 🙄getting better

Denise🙄

image.thumb.jpeg.849b4ce1bd582eabf37dea095d275196.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.03db668e61cb638ab6b11fe5c4b10bb0.jpeg

Denise, remember Gladstones? When I lived in Marina del Rey we used to eat out there all the time. My sister lived in Pacific Palisades at the time.

• Like 4

Good morning.  We love stuffed peppers, especially the green ones.  Roy, you look good in your bow tie so lots of celebrating for you today.  Thanks to R & R for the work they do keeping us up to date on ships and people.  Hopefully tomorrow we get to see our son and his family and to celebrate our granddaughters birthday.  Zoom and face time just doesn't make up for in person visits.  Hopefully the weather cooperates because it has to be an outdoor get together.  My thoughts are with those in the care list.  Have an awesome Friday everyone

• Like 7