The Daily for Friday Aug 28, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, YXU AC*SE said:

It likes support, heavy rains will flatten them. 

Mine have never been flattened from rain.  I guess we will see when we get the tail wind of Laura.  We sure need the rain though 😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, travelingbums said:

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- Residents in a wide area of southeast Texas dealing with rolling electricity blackouts related to Hurricane Laura should have their power restored soon, if it is not already.

Entergy Texas provided an update on Twitter around 8:30 a.m. Friday saying that it has canceled the periodic outages, which were put into place because of a widespread power loss in other areas caused by Laura.

We now have our power and it is wonderful to have air conditioning. It is hot and humid here.

That is good news indeed 🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

46 yrs ago this December....  I was a child bride, cough

Were you a "child bride"?  I was classed as one (among other things . . . think searching for precious metals using a shovel), because DH and I are nearly 14 years apart; I'm only 9 years older than his daughter.  LOL   I know @Copper10-8   refers to his beautiful wife as his "child bride" as well for similar reasons.  We've been married 43 years this year - and they said it wouldn't last! 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

I'm feeling pretty good about today.  My church annually collects school supplies for a local school and I ordered some to be donated.   The shipment was seriously delayed in transit but finally arrived today, missing the initial distribution but they did arrive this afternoon and can be used to replenish the supply.  I finally sent around a draft of the church's annual financial report and we should be able to submit it on time Monday.  And I got a haircut this morning after a gap of only 178 days since the barber in Sydney.

Roy

• Like 10

Thanks to Rich and Roy. I'd love the Lemon Chicken kebabs, but it was fish today.

Sending prayers for those who need them and toasting those who are celebrating.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily update.

Roy, that must be a record for you, between haircuts, did you and the barber have to wear  masks?

We did masks, he wore gloves, hand sanitizer for me.  He did not take my temperature; he said his partner did but it is not required and we both have a feeling that people with that much of a fever are unlikely to be out and about.  I had to hold my mask with my hands while he trimmed around my ears.

Roy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Were you a "child bride"?  I was classed as one (among other things . . . think searching for precious metals using a shovel), because DH and I are nearly 14 years apart; I'm only 9 years older than his daughter.  LOL   I know @Copper10-8   refers to his beautiful wife as his "child bride" as well for similar reasons.  We've been married 43 years this year - and they said it wouldn't last! 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Big Smile and a Wink 🙂 😉  

Not really, I just like to say it, because 46 years is a really darn long time and I don't really feel that old. 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, erewhon said:

John,

Thanks for all your behind the scenes information.

Who was the Hotel Manager in the photo of  Pieter Bos and other officers?

Hi Phil, that HM's name was Simon de Boer; doesn't work for HAL anymore

22 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We did masks, he wore gloves, hand sanitizer for me.  He did not take my temperature; he said his partner did but it is not required and we both have a feeling that people with that much of a fever are unlikely to be out and about.  I had to hold my mask with my hands while he trimmed around my ears.

Roy

Good precautions, thanks for your reply.

• Like 1