First Access to Stateroom no Longer for Diamond or Platinum Guests?

Nvr2old2cruise

I will finally achieve Platinum in January 2022 (after 28 years)!

I was reviewing the list of Platinum benefits and “First Access to Stateroom” is not there.

It is listed under FTTF, but does not state “This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.” like some of the other benefits. Is it an unwritten benefit?

Did I miss when they removed it?

If this is not the case I apologize if I unnecessarily cause confusion.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nvr2old2cruise said:

I will finally achieve Platinum in January 2022 (after 28 years)!

I was reviewing the list of Platinum benefits and “First Access to Stateroom” is not there.

It is listed under FTTF, but does not state “This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.” like some of the other benefits. Is it an unwritten benefit?

Did I miss when they removed it?

If this is not the case I apologize if I unnecessarily cause confusion.

Thanks!

Actually wedding parties are first, then Diamond, then Platinum, then FTTF... In theory.

1 hour ago, Nvr2old2cruise said:

I don't think it was ever listed there. I think its part of the "Priority check-in and boarding" perk. 

• Like 1

So you can ignore the boarding time on your fun pass, & go on the ship whenever you get there(if they are boarding already, & have called the wedding parties & the diamonds. We can also go right to our staterooms, as all the others have to wait till 1 or 1:30 pm. You can drop off your carryon & go up to the buffet,etc. earlier. 

If I go to purchase FTTF for my January 2021 cruise, I can see the following message underneath the big Faster to the Fun logo:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EZ1 said:

So you can ignore the boarding time on your fun pass, & go on the ship whenever you get there(if they are boarding already, & have called the wedding parties & the diamonds. We can also go right to our staterooms, as all the others have to wait till 1 or 1:30 pm. You can drop off your carryon & go up to the buffet,etc. earlier. 

You still have to go through security and check in. On cruises popular with VIPs (like when most of the ship is Platinum/Diamond), everybody might have to wait. The stewards can only clean so many cabins per hour.

3 hours ago, Banditswife said:

In my opinion that is the best perk of Platinum status & the free laundry.  It is nice being able to access your stateroom upon boarding to drop off any carry ons.

While it’s a good benefit, it’s important to note that your room being ready upon boarding is NOT guaranteed unless you’re a paid user of Faster to the Fun. Frequently on longer cruises and Journey voyages, passengers are notified and informed that Carnival cannot accommodate the benefit. Sometimes they’ll still allow you to drop off a carry on but the room would not be ready.

The complimentary laundry benefit is also a devaluation. At one point, it was unlimited for Platinum.

Edited by xDisconnections

Early cabin access was not a perk for D&Ps. It became an issue when it was a perk under FTTF when it was introduced and lots of D&Ps voiced their concern about this not being a D&P perk. 

As others have stated, the majority of Carnival cruises we have been on over the last few years has included an announcement in the priority waiting area ststong cabins are not guaranteed to be ready when boarding begins due to the number of D&Ps on the cruise. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good point, but where else can you have all your laundry washed together in hot water?  

Anywhere with industrial washers and dryers 😂😂

Tbh though, I don’t even use the laundry benefit after having a bad experience a long time ago. It’s still unlimited for Princess but takes a while to get things back.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

The complimentary laundry benefit is also a devaluation. At one point, it was unlimited for Platinum.

How much laundry do you need done on a cruise? 3 bags in a week is not enough? You really need to address your comment to the people who were abusing the privilege (e.g. taking in laundry from other cabins) or people sending out 1 or 2 pieces of laundry every day.

I'd rather have the quick turnaround found on Carnival vs Princess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How much laundry do you need done on a cruise? 3 bags in a week is not enough? You really need to address your comment to the people who were abusing the privilege (e.g. taking in laundry from other cabins) or people sending out 1 or 2 pieces of laundry every day.

Me, personally? Usually none.

I can only think of a couple occasions where I actually utilized the benefit.

I’m simply just not a fan of change.

Edited by xDisconnections

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

While it’s a good benefit, it’s important to note that your room being ready upon boarding is NOT guaranteed unless you’re a paid user of Faster to the Fun.

Two of our cruises we had FTTF that our cabins weren't ready when we boarded.  We could drop off our luggage though.  That was fine with us because that's all we wanted the early access for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Two of our cruises we had FTTF that our cabins weren't ready when we boarded.  We could drop off our luggage though.  That was fine with us because that's all we wanted the early access for.

I’d probably stop by Guest Services in that case as you’re actually paying for the stateroom to be ready upon boarding.

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

To be fair, those bags are small even when you roll your clothes tight. We're a family of 4 and we always vacation a week pre-cruise, and a week post-cruise so we have to do laundry. I have used those bags to carry laundry from our cabin to the launderette where I wash clothes. 4-5 of those bags can fit into a single load in a machine when you do it yourself, and I typically have 2 loads to do. Sometimes 3. We like to have all of our laundry clean when we debark the ship so when we get home, we only have a weeks worth of dirty laundry from the post-cruise activities. Unless our Airbnb has a washer/dryer then of course I do laundry there. 

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

To be fair, those bags are small even when you roll your clothes tight. We're a family of 4 and we always vacation a week pre-cruise, and a week post-cruise so we have to do laundry. I have used those bags to carry laundry from our cabin to the launderette where I wash clothes. 4-5 of those bags can fit into a single load in a machine when you do it yourself, and I typically have 2 loads to do. Sometimes 3. We like to have all of our laundry clean when we debark the ship so when we get home, we only have a weeks worth of dirty laundry from the post-cruise activities. Unless our Airbnb has a washer/dryer then of course I do laundry there. 

I imagine some cruisers pack nothing but suitcases of dirty clothes - I've been tempted when packing last minute. But I'm not sure that is within the spirit of Carnival's complimentary wash and fold perk. The number of washing machines on a cruise ship is fixed and need to be shared by all. So either Carnival restricts the amount of laundry that can be done, or the turn around time goes from 1 to 2 or more days. 

I actually stopped one day and though to myself: You know how Blessed I am to be able to Cruise and/or just take a vacation? 

To me the added "perks" are always welcomed but how grateful are we all to be able to do something relaxing that we really enjoy? I just have a heart for the less fortunate, those who have never been able to cruise (due to whatever their personal circumstances dictate) and that keeps me humble and grounded.

I am not trying to lessen the rewards (we have all earned them) I am just trying to get a point across of being thankful beyond the "perks". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You still have to go through security and check in. On cruises popular with VIPs (like when most of the ship is Platinum/Diamond), everybody might have to wait. The stewards can only clean so many cabins per hour.

I quite agree. As the Platinum group fills in more and more, it'll eventually be no advantage as the crew can only get so many cabins ready early.

• Like 1