Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I was going to have a look as well for the same reasons.  Don't think I'll bother, sounds somewhat bland.

It really isn't designed as a World Cruise. They are selling 46 voyages within the 104 night full itinerary, some that are just a few days long on the Australian coast. I would be very surprised if they sell many full-voyage tickets from either New York or Southampton. I can understand the commercial sense in it, especially with the current uncertainties in the world but a "World Voyage" it really isn't.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is especially for anyone with a Xmas/new year booking with final payment due.

Yes it is a bit annoying!!    We are due to pay this weekend for our annual xmas caribbean month away (B to B)  leaving 11 December and thought they may have announced something today, should have known better though, lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yamanid said:

Yes it is a bit annoying!!    We are due to pay this weekend for our annual xmas caribbean month away (B to B)  leaving 11 December and thought they may have announced something today, should have known better though, lol

Have you tried asking for an extension of the balance date?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

I have a cruise booked with Princess and the balance was due 2 weeks ago, due to the mess its all in they have suspended the payment day. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Will definitely be asking first thing in the morning  -  if I can get through Lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fionatritton said:

I'd bet a large amount of money that the "pause" will be extended to 2021 given the current fiasco. Don't think I'll get good odds though 😂 

The only market available is a "spread bet" as to when the pause gets announced.  Still think that Tuesday 15th at 10am is on...the rewrite has to be around Christmas now surely?

Question is, will P&O extend the pause formally for Aurora and Arcadia until March 2021, or are they going to pretend the plan is for them to go in December?

Well, I'm currently resigned to not getting any of our cruises this year ☹️.

Nothing booked for next year, and a combination of eye watering prices and/or bland itineries (for us), I doubt we'll be cruising in 2021, unless demand drops off and there's some last minute bargains.

At least we booked a round trip Caribbean for 2022 at launch & got a good deal with that one.  Bring on 2022.

• Like 2

I am still hopeful for our cruise on Princess next May but if it gets cancelled I won't be surprised.  I think that vaccination is still the best hope but the news this morning was that the Oxford/AstraZenica trial has been temporarily suspended  because 1 of the 18000 volunteers taking the test vaccine is ill.

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Well, I'm currently resigned to not getting any of our cruises this year ☹️.

Nothing booked for next year, and a combination of eye watering prices and/or bland itineries (for us), I doubt we'll be cruising in 2021, unless demand drops off and there's some last minute bargains.

At least we booked a round trip Caribbean for 2022 at launch & got a good deal with that one.  Bring on 2022.

Our cruise this year was cancelled and the deposit was confidently moved to the end of June 2021. I'm not so sure now. I'm begining to wonder if I'll live long enough to cruise again🤣

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our cruise this year was cancelled and the deposit was confidently moved to the end of June 2021. I'm not so sure now. I'm begining to wonder if I'll live long enough to cruise again🤣

Avril

Don't be defeatist Avril. Maybe you'll celebrate your 100th birthday aboard a cruise ship!...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Is that what they are saying the person in question has got due to the trial?

If so i stand by my earlier ‘after you’ to be injected with a rushed vaccine.

They don't yet know if it is as a result of the vaccine or not. They do an internal investigation first and then it is investigated externally/independently. In the meantime they have to halt the trial just in case.

• Like 2

Ok thanks i just looked at the other thread.

I hope eventually they do get some vaccines working with some success along with other treatment options as the way i see it, these are the only realistic ways we can try to put an end to all this and have some sort of normal lives again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Britboys said:

They don't yet know if it is as a result of the vaccine or not. They do an internal investigation first and then it is investigated externally/independently. In the meantime they have to halt the trial just in case.

From what I have just read it is not yet even clear if the person had been administered the trial vaccine or the placebo.  The publication of this is understandable in the current would, though normally no one would know about these sort of hiccups which are all a part of normal checks and a cautious attitude which is always taken - except perhaps in certain coutries......   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Don't be defeatist Avril. Maybe you'll celebrate your 100th birthday aboard a cruise ship!...

Highly unlikely Andrew. Not  the fact that I'll reach 100, but because of the way the ships are growing they'll  probably be carrying 10,000 passengers by then😱

Avril

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

We have Alaska booked for June and Iona fjords for next August. Both will go, I'm sure. They can't keep messing Gary about😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have Alaska booked for June and Iona fjords for next August. Both will go, I'm sure. They can't keep messing Gary about😁

Doesn't Gary have a small entourage too...

Just thinking - even if it's only five people then he will have to sing to himself.  Patience Gary, patience...🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2