Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

No,Jack Daniels Honey. Ooh, you set me off again now Baz. Now where did Frank hide my bottle this time?😁

Avril

Agree the honey version is rather pleasant but the Apple version is rare up by us so makes me feel like opening the bottle my beloved as hidden,

23 hours ago, wowzz said:

Let's take Dorset.  Infection rate of 8.7 per 100,000. 

Someone explain why this "rule of 6" is being applied to an area where it is manifestly not required.

Funny old World. The local council closed the beaches at Bournemouth and Christchurch for a while and now Dorset has one of the lower rates. As a layman it seems obvious to me that closing beaches is the answer. Wake up Bradford , Birmingham, or am I missing something🤔.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Funny old World. The local council closed the beaches at Bournemouth and Christchurch for a while and now Dorset has one of the lower rates. As a layman it seems obvious to me that closing beaches is the answer. Wake up Bradford , Birmingham, or am I missing something🤔.

The flaw in your argument is that the beaches were closed a lot longer ago than 10 days, so there is no correlation between beach closures and infection rates. 

And, as we know, transmission of the virus predominantly occurs indoors, not in open areas, where it is much more difficult to be exposed to a heavy viral load. Which is why the Birmingham mayor has just announced a ban on households mixing indoors.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The flaw in your argument is that the beaches were closed a lot longer ago than 10 days, so there is no correlation between beach closures and infection rates. 

And, as we know, transmission of the virus predominantly occurs indoors, not in open areas, where it is much more difficult to be exposed to a heavy viral load. Which is why the Birmingham mayor has just announced a ban on households mixing indoors.

Thanks, looks like our next break will have to be Salcombe then. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The other tiny flaw, as zap is well aware, is that until rising sea levels wipe out most of the country Bradford and Birmingham will remain landlocked, with no beaches to close.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Are these all a bit like Southern Comfort?

Not really it’s bourbon flavoured with apple or honey whereas southern comfort is a liqueur flavoured wine spices

Edited by Bazrat

8 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Agree the honey version is rather pleasant but the Apple version is rare up by us so makes me feel like opening the bottle my beloved as hidden,

I haven't tried the Apple version I'll admit, so can't comment, but the one with honey😋, I can sip it over ice because it doesn't burn like other whiskies I've tried.

Avril

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Not really it’s bourbon flavoured with apple or honey whereas southern comfort is a liqueur flavoured wine spices

Mr Google says it's mainly neutral grain spirit (vodka) flavoured with fruit syrup, primarily apricots. But it started life with a bar barkeep trying to make his cheap whisky more palatable, and it does sometime contain bourbon.

Amazing what you can find online, just a shame you never know whether it's always correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Mr Google says it's mainly neutral grain spirit (vodka) flavoured with fruit syrup, primarily apricots. But it started life with a bar barkeep trying to make his cheap whisky more palatable, and it does sometime contain bourbon.

Amazing what you can find online, just a shame you never know whether it's always correct.

I find southern comfort too sweet for me, reminds me when we was in the states for the first time, I asked for whiskey and dash of soda what I got was whiskey with a dash of coke never made that mistake again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I find southern comfort too sweet for me, reminds me when we was in the states for the first time, I asked for whiskey and dash of soda what I got was whiskey with a dash of coke never made that mistake again.

I prefer a pint of Old Speckled Hen or a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We live in Lytchett  nearby, when did BCP Council close their beaches?

Edited by Chrisdriving

3 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

We live in Lytchett  nearby, when did BCP Council close their beaches?

I think Zapp99 is trying to prove a somewhat controversial point of view, and is not letting the facts get in the way of his opinions! 

Just for info - 28th October is the last scheduled date for Azura into Southampton and 20th October for Britannia -all other ships are showing for dates long after that.  So does that mean they are off to the Caribbean?  Let’s hope so 🤞🏻

46 minutes ago, alsa said:

Just for info - 28th October is the last scheduled date for Azura into Southampton and 20th October for Britannia -all other ships are showing for dates long after that.  So does that mean they are off to the Caribbean?  Let’s hope so 🤞🏻

Of course not!  They will be staying in UK waters in the hope that European cruising may start next Spring.

The Caribbean 2020/2021 season is basically a write off.  

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think Zapp99 is trying to prove a somewhat controversial point of view, and is not letting the facts get in the way of his opinions! 

Was that post not just an attempt at humour from Zapp, suggesting Bradford & Birmingham close their beaches? 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Was that post not just an attempt at humour from Zapp, suggesting Bradford & Birmingham close their beaches? 

Andy 

I wasn't sure. I normally see the humour in most posts, but not that one.

My apologies if I failed to see the joke.

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Of course not!  They will be staying in UK waters in the hope that European cruising may start next Spring.

The Caribbean 2020/2021 season is basically a write off.  

Where do you get your information from?  I have gone by the Southampton port cruise ship schedule - which so far has been correct.

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Controversial?, me?.Facts can get in the way, as you say. They don't seem to be taken into account on posts by some others on here😁

2 hours ago, alsa said:

Where do you get your information from?  I have gone by the Southampton port cruise ship schedule - which so far has been correct.

Well, where to start?

No physical crew recruitment started as yet, no aircraft chartered,  and perhaps most importantly, a rising infection rate in the UK, meaning that the FCO is not going to change its advice about cruising anytime soon.

• Like 3