Book Now.....Apply FCC Later?

GTO-Girl

Absolutely yes. I've done exactly that. Once you get your FCC, go to: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/reservation/future-cruise-credit and enter your FCC and (new) reservation info. They will get back to you in 24-48 hours. In my case it took about 48 hours, but it worked fine. Keep in mind that your invoice will only show a decrease in the base rate, not a payment, so you may want to compare before/after in case you have any doubts.

• Like 1

I booked a cruise direct with Royal using FCC.  I had a balance of around $500.  I transferred the booking to my TA.  A couple days later, I was checking on prices, and when I added up my FCC and Balance, there was a price reduction.  I contacted my TA to get it adjusted, and Royal  adjusted the price but had to give me a new Reservation Number.   That was strange.  🍷

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you call Royal they will put a hold on a cruise until you get your FCC.  This way you don’t have to pay the deposit. 

I don’t mind booking and paying the deposit, while the prices are fairly reasonable.  

I need to book two cabins and I am afraid the prices will go way up once they are cleared to sail.  I just wanted to be sure I could delay applying the FCC..

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you call Royal they will put a hold on a cruise until you get your FCC.  This way you don’t have to pay the deposit. 

How long will they hold that booking without a deposit given it could be an indeterminate time to get the FCC issued?

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes you can.  Just pay the minimal deposit now.  I have future cruises booked and am holding onto 5 or 6 Fccs and plan on applying them when final payment is due and I know we are sailing.

I thought you could not utilize multiple FCC's on one cruise?

1 hour ago, CTCruiser76 said:

I thought you could not utilize multiple FCC's on one cruise?

You can't with one exception.  If you apply FCC to a cruise that is also cancelled due to the pandemic they will combine the old FCC and any new FCC for the 2nd cancelled cruise into one FCC.

Otherwise it's one FCC per booking.    

Edited by twangster