Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

7 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

What's a scouser? 😉 

ScottishMaid kinda nailed it for you.  Scouse is the local accent/dialect in Liverpool and the inhabitants are called 'scousers'.  The names is derived from Lobscouse, a cheap stew eaten by sailors and dockhands, possibly of Norwegian origin.  The name scouser is not an insult, and they do use it themselves.

I am not 100% on whether ALL Liverpudlians are 'scousers' or if it is only specific areas of the 'Pool' (as in Cockneys should be born within the sound of Bow Bells in London).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

Spitzbergen, Norge

Yep. Longyearbyen to be precise ! The next day we saw a few polar bears when we were cruising near Smeerenburg. The captain got a message from a small French cruise ship, I think it was L'Boreal, that polar bears were seen there. Instead of cruising around Moffen Island ( what's in a name...) we saw the polar bears.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

Nope, have never been there. But the mountains are a bit like Svalbard and to the best of my knowledge the Zuiderdam hasn't been there. So I guessed Greenland 😉

Yes, It was a day scenic cruising in Prins Christian Sund, one of the most beautiful places on the planet, I think, and the weather was glorious when we went through (it isn't always).  Some more photos of that day:

1941473275_greatweather.jpg.b2c67c2f48728368a8576972ba7fcdf8.jpg

1591400024_mountainstotheleft.jpg.2ad910e80bb6e86d2161f45a32f21586.jpg

1026992564_mountains6.jpg.e3568b0c28aebb71cc1b5c722ea3cf15.jpg

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

Right , South Queensferry , Scotland.

We were there with Eurodam in 2009.  The tender pier looked long, but it was slanted so that as the tide rose and fell, no matter when, they could only get one tender alongside at one time.  It made for a crush when six busloads of us came back from the Edinburgh Tattoo at the same time.  Have they changed the pier at all?

Dave